Register address

12 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

You are right ????  but last April when I made the last annual extension, they asked me for a copy of the yellow book 
so I think this document has value for them, even if in previous years they had never requested it from me.

It could be used for proof of residence at immigration if accepted. Immigration might have doubts about a yellow house book since you could move somewhere else and still have a yellow book that still shows your old address.

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Quick question regarding the power of attorney form, would I need to complete this form everytime I need to re register my address or is it a one time only?

As far as I know Phuket immigration will want a new power of attorney everytime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Quick question regarding the power of attorney form, would I need to complete this form everytime I need to re register my address or is it a one time only?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Here is a local report of Phuket IO comments/instructions

https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#HZPjiQFL2JWiG63l.97

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be used for proof of residence at immigration if accepted. Immigration might have doubts about a yellow house book since you could move somewhere else and still have a yellow book that still shows your old address.

You are right but everywhere they ask you for copies of documents they also ask you to sign them so I understand that by signing you take responsibility for self-certifying those copies, right?

However, I cannot understand who has the obligation to fill in the TM 30 
and whether it is only for certain regions of Thailand or for the whole country, 

Thanks????

Edited by Nobody55
add more

Just now, stubuzz said:

I tried to file a TM 30 as " house master/possessor" and was told that the owner must do it in person. I told them the owner lives 900km away. They still wanted him to come down and do it. This was in Chachoengsao.

Do you have a rental contract in your name?

53 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

and whether it is only for certain regions of Thailand or for the whole country, 

Exactly. Embassies should warn all their nationals visiting of this blatant disorganized rip off of foreigners. No clear rules posted on arrival at airports, and foreigners paying penalties for the failing of Thais to complete TM30s.

1 hour ago, Nobody55 said:

According to the law:

If you own a condo or house and a foreigner (this can also be yourself) stays at your place you have to submit a TM30 because you are the landlord.

If you rent a condo or house in your name and a foreigner (this can also be yourself) stays at your place you have to submit a TM30 because you are the possessor.

If you stay in a hotel you don't have to submit a TM30.

I'm not 100% sure how the situation is if you rent an apartment, because you are obviously the possessor of your room, but not of the whole building. I would tend to say you don't have to submit a TM30 because i assume that "possessor" refers to the address for which you do the report (in case of an apartment the whole building, all rooms have the same address, othen than in a condo where every room has it's own address), and you are not the possessor of this.

Different immigration offices might not want to follow the law and want to make up their own rules, but i would refuse to pay any fine for something that's not my obligation.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know Phuket immigration will want a new power of attorney everytime.

yep;

i went in last week with all paper work and photo copy of POA, he said need original, so i showed him as i had it with me,  trying to save 10 baht  LOL

According to the law:
If you own a condo or house and a foreigner (this can also be yourself) stays at your place you have to submit a TM30 because you are the landlord.
If you rent a condo or house in your name and a foreigner (this can also be yourself) stays at your place you have to submit a TM30 because you are the possessor.
I'm not 100% sure how the situation is if you rent an apartment, because you are obviously the possessor of your room, but not of the whole building. I would tend to say you don't have to submit a TM30 because i assume that "possessor" refers to the address for which you do the report (in case of an apartment the whole building, all rooms have the same address, othen than in a condo where every room has it's own address), and you are not the possessor of this.

Different immigration offices might not want to follow the law and want to make up their own rules, but i would refuse to pay any fine for something that's not my obligation.

Do you think that all Thai nationals own their own houses? Many ‘householders’ rent their houses. The alien being required to report themselves as householder and being fined for non compliance is just part of the symbiosis between Immigration and aliens. The more difficult it is to do the better for revenue, this is the reason that like topsy, it “just growed” in some regions.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

According to the law:

Thank you very much ???? now it is clear,  so being a guest in my mate's house i don't have to fill out the TM30.

21 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

21 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

Thank you very much ???? now it is clear,  so being a guest in my mate's house i don't have to fill out the TM30.

This is why it is so confusing. Nobody 55 I read this as you do have to inform immigration..

19 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Did the definition of House Master change 3-4 years ago to include tenant . Thus the current law does not represent its original concept.

The definition of "house-master" in section 4 of the Immigration Act has not changed since the promulgation of this law in 1979.

18 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I tried to file a TM 30 as " house master/possessor" and was told that the owner must do it in person. I told them the owner lives 900km away. They still wanted him to come down and do it. This was in Chachoengsao.

If you have a lease agreement for the residence where you stay the immigration official was wrong in refusing to accept the TM.30 made in your name, because section 4 of the Immigration Act defines you as the house-master, meaning the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity of tenant. 

17 hours ago, GLewis said:

This is why it is so confusing. Nobody 55 I read this as you do have to inform immigration..

Actually I am not a landlord as I am not a tennant because I don't own a condo or house as well I didn't sign a rental agreement I am just a guest in a thai house, so according the law I shouldn't fill out the TM30, ????

48 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

Actually I am not a landlord as I am not a tennant because I don't own a condo or house as well I didn't sign a rental agreement I am just a guest in a thai house, so according the law I shouldn't fill out the TM30, ????

I'm married, wife's house, I don't pay rent, but I am still a possessor of the house and file as such.

pos·ses·sor
  1. Law
    a person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner.

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I'm married, wife's house, I don't pay rent, but I am still a possessor of the house and file as such.

pos·ses·sor
  1. Law
    a person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner.

It may not mean ownership, but imho (i'm no native english speaker) "possess" does at least mean that you are in control of it. If your wife bought the house before you married, so it belongs 100% to her, i would say you are not the possessor.

But actually you would have to discuss the meaning of "ผู้ครอบครอง" (that's where the translation "possessor" comes from), because only the Thai version has any legal relevance.

Edited by jackdd

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It may not mean ownership, but imho (i'm no native english speaker) "possess" does at least mean that you are in control of it. If your wife bought the house after you married, so it belongs to both of you, then you could call yourself the possessor (for 50% of it). If your wife bought the house before you married i would say you are not the possessor.

But actually you would have to discuss the meaning of "ผู้ครอบครอง" (that's where the translation "possessor" comes from), because only the Thai version has any legal relevance.

I have no ownership rights, the property belonged to my wife long before we married.

I do share the accommodation, so am a possessor without ownership.

I've filed 4 TM30's since being married as the possessor.

I filed numerous TM30's before marriage when I rented as the tenant.

If we had bought a house after marriage, then I would be an owner.

If Immigration can fine the foreigner for not filing, then he must be responsible in some capacity as per their definitions.

If they refuse to let the foreigner file, then you are not responsible to pay any fine.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

pos·ses·sor
  1. Law

When I started reading this topic I thought it was a new rule or law.
Since 2011 I have lived in the same house,I have done at least 
7 annual extension of visa retirement and many 90 days report, 

when I go to the immigration office to carry out the necessary paperwork, they kindly provide me with all the forms to fill out
and never asked me to fill any TM 30, at this point I wonder why????

Edited by Nobody55

18 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

Correct. You have no responsibility to submit the TM.30. It the immigration office in whose area the house in which you are a guest enforces the TM.30 requirement, it is the house-master or owner of that house to submit the form.

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

Correct. You have no responsibility to submit the TM.30. It the immigration office in whose area the house in which you are a guest enforces the TM.30 requirement, it is the house-master or owner of that house to submit the form.

Thanks ????

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, norbra said:

Can any member provide postal address for submitting TM 30 in Bangkok.

Immigration not answering phones

Thanks

Same as 90 day reporting but change it to TM30 reporting.

"90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210"

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day