Video: Acid attack on dog, owner says his pet is innocent

webfact

Video: Acid attack on dog, owner says his pet is innocent

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A video showed a man passing a house throw acid on a pet dog walking behind a gate within its property.

The owner of the dog said that his pet never caused annoyance by barking and never bit anyone. 

Outraged netizens urged him to file a police complaint. 

Anek Sisungwarn posted the video on his Facebook page.

He said there was no truth to the rumor that his pet bit a child in Ratchaburi.

He said that he lives in Bangkok. 

"The rumor is rubbish", he said. "I never let my pet out of the house unless he is with me on a lead". 

Sanook reported that the house owner knows the identity of the man who committed the attack. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I understand that sometimes we need to be cautious in how we engage with locals for obvious reasons, but I would be sorely tempted to collect the mess and drop it in his mailbox..

Locals can be very wild , it's safer to just collect it and look the other way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my Farang colleagues asked me to just  shoot the dog with a soft ball and it will never come back to poo there but i said no it's just an animal and the word animal means animal.

Edited by Raymonddiaz

One of my Farang colleagues asked me to just  shoot the dog with a soft ball and it will never come back to poo there but i said no it's just an animal and the word animal means animal.
If the dog is on a lead, then the owner can train it to only poo in certain areas.

I have done that with my dog, but accidents can sometimes happen.

I always take 2 or 3 plastic bags and pick up the poo no matter where she does it.

There are 1 or 2 Thai people who are aggressive to my dog and wave sticks at it, even though she has never pooed or peed near their house.

Maybe the guy in the video simply doesn't like dogs.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, james.d said:

Sorry as off this topic thread, FWIW I liberally sprayed the cheap vinegar morning and night for about a week and that stopped a dog crapping outside my gate.

Thats a good idea. I once made up a mixture of dish-soap, Tabasco, paprika & ground chilies. Sprayed it on the menacing dog in my neighborhood & he scuttled away from me after that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, petedk said:

Scenes like this make me really angry.

If the person squirting  the acid has a problem he should talk to the owner of the dog. The poor dog doesn't understand why people are so cruel.

My dog is always on a lead when I take her out and I must admit the 3 or 4 Thai neighbours that have dogs always have their dogs on leads.

Where I lived for the last 6 years, I have never yet seen a Thai with his dog on a lead.  Most of the dogs roam freely around our (securely gated ) village, despite all the village regulations prohibiting that and also the feeding of stray dogs, which still goes on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, petedk said:

Scenes like this make me really angry.

If the person squirting  the acid has a problem he should talk to the owner of the dog. The poor dog doesn't understand why people are so cruel.

My dog is always on a lead when I take her out and I must admit the 3 or 4 Thai neighbours that have dogs always have their dogs on leads.

Who know? Maybe already talk to owner but to no avail? My neighbor opposite my house has 4 dogs and one of them always bark at me when I came back. After moving in for 5 years ,still this dog never stop barking at me. But then she also bark at strangers, delivery boys,... everybody. I went to talk to the farang owner and guess what? The ‘super friendly’ farang told me in his words.

“ if you don’t like it, why don’t you move away!” 

So I can empathize with the acid sprayer’s action if the case is the same. Some dog owners really ask for it. 

1 minute ago, Ctkong said:

Who know? Maybe already talk to owner but to no avail? My neighbor opposite my house has 4 dogs and one of them always bark at me when I came back. After moving in for 5 years ,still this dog never stop barking at me. But then she also bark at strangers, delivery boys,... everybody. I went to talk to the farang owner and guess what? The ‘super friendly’ farang told me in his words.

“ if you don’t like it, why don’t you move away!” 

So I can empathize with the acid sprayer’s action if the case is the same. Some dog owners really ask for it. 

Why do you have a problem with dogs barking at you when you walk pasty their house / gate?  That is normal for dogs.  

So long as the dog is not barking all the time at nothing you can not have grounds to complain.  

My last house they people kept their dog collection of ropes and chains 24 / 7 with no shelter from the sun or rain, and the dogs were constantly barking and howling.. day and night... as they were being mistreated.  That was enough to make me move house.  

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Why do you have a problem with dogs barking at you when you walk pasty their house / gate?  That is normal for dogs.  

So long as the dog is not barking all the time at nothing you can not have grounds to complain.  

My last house they people kept their dog collection of ropes and chains 24 / 7 with no shelter from the sun or rain, and the dogs were constantly barking and howling.. day and night... as they were being mistreated.  That was enough to make me move house.  

Should have got some acid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shock1:  :giggle: :cheesy: :burp:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

All of 'US' here are just quessing at the facts......... We don't live near the house/dog (we don't have a video of what happens all night long or when the owner is away)...... BUT I do live near some houses/dogs that would make me want to do similarly (only I have control over my emotions).......

It stands to reason that a 'neighbor' don't normally walk past your house carrying a 'container of acid' so therefore (knowing of many Howling dogs in the middle of the night) the 'neighbor' may have felt 'justified' in punishing the dog and not had 'control of his emotion' as most of us here have (at least me.... LOL)

Some of the dogs I could use as examples, around my area, I could have thoughts of not throwing the acid on the dogs, but instead on their 'owners'.........

People (anywhere) never feel/admit that their pets/kids do 'any wrong'.... LOL...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Where I lived for the last 6 years, I have never yet seen a Thai with his dog on a lead.  Most of the dogs roam freely around our (securely gated ) village, despite all the village regulations prohibiting that and also the feeding of stray dogs, which still goes on. 

IMO people who properly look after pets are a minority in this country. And every time a child gets savaged or a human contacts rabies there will be repercussions. I don't condone sadistic behavior but unless the majority of pet owners assume responsibility expect more of this type of action.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Don't laugh Stanley, but I take my dog every morning and evening for a long walk down the lane so he can do his business, and I ALWAYS have him on a lead.

Good for you.  :jap:

But I suspect you are Falang ?

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1