Defiant Trump blames media, fellow Republicans for House losses

webfact

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A pity you don't know the difference between a smear campaign and reporting.

Of course his support base won't change, what could change are those people who hoped Trump would bring about something else, something good, and should have realised by now it is only going down faster and faster with Trump at the helm.

I was very skeptical right from the start - but hey if that's who people elected - who am I to say if it's right or wrong... saying stuff like that is disrespectful to the country and concept of democracy as a whole. I don't want to give him a rating myself... I don't really care... America is following the same trend as the whole world is following at the moment... Trump or not Trump maybe doesn't make much difference imo. Why attack him or anybody else as a person?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not that confident that that corrupt con man will ever face judgment. With his move to crush the Mueller investigation he is now going full on DICTATOR. Nobody that has been paying attention should be surprised. 

How many "dictators" escape the mortal coil without judgement... few if any.

34 minutes ago, Slip said:

That's true but I don't think the loss of seats was expected. There a couple of "unreliable" Republican Senators and I think the expectation was that the Democrats could either hold their ground or hopefully even things up, given the "unreliable" Republicans.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yep, and we're still stuck with him and as is already in evidence he is about to get MUCH WORSE. 

No worries, in his ignorance he will be making big mistakes, so bad that even the senate will turn against him.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is extremely disappointed and humiliated after the crushing house defeat. Remember this was a referendum on him and the people said no more nonsense, BS, deflection and lies. No more racist ranting and hating anyone brown. Let's face it. The US is fast becoming a nation of brown. And that is a good thing. People of color work harder than the average American and are more honest. 

The press conference was hysterical. He lost it and demonstrated to the world how utterly demoralized he is. It was a beauty. He was in rare form. 

White House revokes CNN reporter Jim Acosta's credentials after furious exchange with Trump
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/07/cnn-jim-acosta-reporter-credentials-revoked?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

yeah, he was about to physically attack (body language) Acosta twice.

Too bad he didn't. That would have been the end for his evil reign.

Edited by wabothai
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wabothai said:

yeah, he was about to physically attack (body language) Acosta twice.

Too bad he didn't. That would have been the end for his evil reign.

You can see the despot inside is close to the surface, so desperately wants the true respect it deserves. Pity he can't let the secret service loose on these guys like his hero Putin.

For those claiming CNN is not worthy of him, remember freedom of speech doesn't only apply to what you want to hear...

This delusional, wannabe dictator will soon find out America has checks and balances, by winning the house the opposition can now call him out on all the industrial grade bullshit hes been spewing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nilats said:

This wasn't a referendum on him - you need to take into account the anti-Trump camp were much more riled up and motivated to vote in this election... whereas the "trump" camp was much less motivated( they still have their president), you need to factor that into this assessment... despite being much more motivated and the other camp probably sleeping at home - anti-trump camp still barely managed to score a marginal victory... it also seems like by now the really ran out of all their bullets... just saying ????

Really, the huge turnout wasn't because of Trump? And are you sure that Trump camp was less motivated? There were record turnouts for both Republicans and Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nilats said:

I'm just curious how this drama develops... to what extent Democrats will try to challenge him before the next elections - they may try to compromise him if they are serious about all this build up and vendetta they have against him which is very unique... things could get messy and would be interesting to see how this affects the current stand-off of everybody vs everybody in the world.  Just making a constatation that he didn't lose any of his support base... so the whole smear campaign didn't really work...

How is the supposed "vendetta" dreamed-up, "unique"? And faux whines about  "smear campaign" coming from Trump supporters are a laugh.

8 hours ago, Nilats said:

In a sense as a measure of his performance and popularity - the results show he's more popular now. But then he lost majority in the House - he was expected to lose that anyway by a much wider margin... so it's not a loss under the circumstances.  Add to that he was also expected to lose in the Senate... but he in fact gained there... simply logic imo.

Actually simply untrue ! I guess if their Orange Messiah is a serial liar , his disciples think its ok to ape him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1