Three arrested over forged state documents

snoop1130

Three arrested over forged state documents

By Jessada Chantharak 
The Nation

a45c954b211eb83fe5aa5fb7c058e45a.jpeg

Two African men and a Thai teenager have been arrested for forgery and using forged state documents to help them stay in Thailand.

Maj-General Surachate Hakpal, said on Friday that police are now summoning the alleged Thai agent to give testimony on the case.

The visas of Fabrice Mbimmba Makiadi, 27, from the Congo and Nicolas Yao Kouadio, 29, from the Ivory Coast, were revoked following their arrest after forged documents were found that were to be used in applying for a visa to stay in Thailand. 

The suspects reportedly told police that a female Thai agent had offered foreigners - especially footballers and language teachers - a service to get them documents to apply to legally stay in Thailand for Bt20,000 per head.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30358251

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-9
  • Haha 1

Big Joke gives African "footballers" in Hua Hin the red card after immigration own goal

45721212_707063076316207_2091855111323123712_n.jpg

Two Africans who claimed they were footballers seeking visa extensions in Hua Hin were found to have presented fake documents from the Thai FA.

They were both arrested and had their visas revoked and will now be deported. A Thai agent was also arrested. 

In October Mbimba Makiadi Fabrice, 27, from Congo and Yao Kouadio Nicolas, 29, from Ivory Coast had applied at Hua Hin immigration for extensions of stay.

But alert immigration officers found irregularities in the stamps on their application documents. 

Immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn ordered their immediate arrest. 

An 18 year old Thai agent named only as "Chai"  who helped them was also arrested, according to the Immigration Bureau Facebook page.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-10
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Does no-one else see the irony of the immigration dept chasing after people who forge documents so arrivals can get visas when for years its been the immigration dept who have accepted money from outside agencies to help arrivals (with the same problem) get their visa with no documents at all.

Its equally as  ironic that if the authorities ignore corruption folks whinge about it, when they take steps to stop it, folks whinge about it.

Ive been coming here for 25 years about. The times they are a changing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

"An 18 year old Thai agent named only as "Chai"  who helped them......"

No way is an 18 year old the main man at the top of the tree.

Maybe it was a Bonsai tree. 

Bonsai 2.jpg

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

I'd love to be the one who has the contract to produce these giant posters featuring glamour boy pin-up Big Joke. I suspect the reason for his high profile exposure will become obvious prior to the election.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Does no-one else see the irony of the immigration dept chasing after people who forge documents so arrivals can get visas when for years its been the immigration dept who have accepted money from outside agencies to help arrivals (with the same problem) get their visa with no documents at all.

Maybe its an exercise and excuse to up the fee structure ?

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I'd love to be the one who has the contract to produce these giant posters featuring glamour boy pin-up Big Joke. I suspect the reason for his high profile exposure will become obvious prior to the election.

Would you prefer posters of the two fugitives?

why is there pics of big joke everywhere ? a guy alone can't solve that much cases. he always takes credit from any new investigations. He is now boss of immigration but will take credit for anything unrelated if it does appear in the news.

31 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

I met an African man at Hua Hin immigration several months ago.  He ran a football training school and seemed like a great guy.  I hope he wasn't faking anything and caught up in this.

Five years ago I was living in Thailand on visa run (not yet 50 at that time). I was chatting with a black guy in Sukhumvit Soi 13 and curiously asked him how does he stay in Thailand? What kind of visa he has? He told me his agent fixes visa for him. I inquired how much. He said 20K, he will fix it for one year. I got his agent's number and called him multiple times. The phone was not answered.  I thought I would call again the next day. That same night, I got a call from a start up in the USA working on an AI project and asked me if I could be in Pittsburgh the following week. Last year, the start up was sold to one of the largest software company and I came back to Thailand again on an O-A visa. If not for that call from Pittsburgh, perhaps, I would have ended up with forged documents to stay in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Would you prefer posters of the two fugitives?

Another vacuous comment sorry to say. The two fugitives were clearly shown on the the poster along with glamour boy Big Joke giving his signature salute of deference to the his new boss Deputy Prime Minister Prawit. Brownnosing works wonders.

None of this is possible without the complicity of locals, be they officials or business operators. A good long look in the mirror might also be appropriate Thailand, including looking at the facilitators, and not just arresting those who have used the service and scammed it. Look no further than those who use the under-the-table visa service in some places as they can't meet the financial requirements...big business and can't happen without official help plus been happening for years.

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Like 2

"None of this is possible without the complicity of locals, be they officials or business operators"

So true. Whenever I read about an encroachment on public forest land I always wonder why they dont just look which official signed the documents, and arrest him? 

• Like 1