SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, if they (police) were doing their job correctly, there would be no reason to target anyone.

If you do wrong and are caught, you suffer the consequences. If the percentage of those caught are dark skinned, so be it, but to target any group because of colour or indeed where they originate from is, again IMO, wrong.

I know a few white skinned westerners living here that could do with a visit from the boys in brown that could well be involved in the very crimes that they are apparently after targeting the blacks. And before anyone starts, for clarity I won't be reporting them as they don't affect me or mine, that isn't my job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Immigration in every country profiles. They have limited resources and have to get the biggest bang for their buck. I am a 50yo white guy and last month coming through Auckland airport they gave me the full monty - surreptitiously xraying my bag before delivery, drug and food dogs, full bag search and interrogation. Why? I went home for 2 days between projects. Anyone from Thailand, especially short trips, is under heightened scrutiny.

That is not racism or predjudice, just the fact that bad things happen more often under certain conditions. We have a lot of african scammers and non-compliant people. I don't think they are kicking out any black people with valid visas. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It may be viewed as racist back in the Western world , that is because there are Black people from those Countries , Afro-Americans .

Thailand doesnt have any Afro-Thais , they are all from abroad .

Thailand does have some Afro-Thais.

There are thousands of luk-kreung negros who were fathered by black GIs in the 1960s and 70s.

• Like 1

First, it's a myth that blacks are targeted. I live in the south. They are targeting everyone. Any dreamer cuddling on a couch on three years of overstay thinking I'm Caucasian and will get away with it will get a rude awakening. No more income letters. They want money in the bank. It's new times. ???? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It may be viewed as racist back in the Western world , that is because there are Black people from those Countries , Afro-Americans .

Thailand doesnt have any Afro-Thais , they are all from abroad .

How about reading on a subject before writing something so inaccurate. 

Edited by Machiavelli
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Thailand does have some Afro-Thais.

There are thousands of luk-kreung negros who were fathered by black GIs in the 1960s and 70s.

Yes , but they are half Thai , I was talking about immigrants from Africa and their descendants .