On days or hours that alcohol can't be sold

dennis123

The seller of the alcohol can get a hefty fine...quite a few ignore the time limits but recently most shops stop selling on prohibited days...there seem to be a lot more undercover snitches willing to inform the authorities...
[emoji30] [emoji90]

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

The staff probably cannot run the purchase through the till outside the permitted hours, so will either wait until alcohol purchase is allowed and the till accepts the purchase......or maybe just pocket the money?

Not so.

I mentioned an interlock once before, on the software, but why.

A sale is a sale.

Da Ruskies were walking out in Jomtien the other day, (3pm ish) with whatever they wanted. 

6 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Not so.

I mentioned an interlock once before, on the software, but why.

A sale is a sale.

Da Ruskies were walking out in Jomtien the other day, (3pm ish) with whatever they wanted. 

That's because the signs on the beer fridges are only in THai & English so the Ruskies would not understand!

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

That's because the signs on the beer fridges are only in THai & English so the Ruskies would not understand!

But the staff knows. Haha.

And rung it through anyway.

Jomtien is quite progressive these days.

Still not sure why the edict is in place?

Many afternoons Thailanders walk out with baskets full of grog. 

And the odd farang. 

And have a great afternoon. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

The staff probably cannot run the purchase through the till outside the permitted hours, so will either wait until alcohol purchase is allowed and the till accepts the purchase......or maybe just pocket the money?

I thought about that, them not being able to bill as they always make quite an issue out of it, one almost wanted to chase me lol so i learned to walk away quickly and not look back ????

So yeah, a decent tip for the effort to bill it later, not that I would have it in exact change anyway.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Okay got to hide it better next time when I walk outside, don't want that to happen, as the next day I still use the same 7/11 for daily stuff.