Need A Cafe North of Chalong "Circle" and South of the WAT

JetsetBkk

18 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Similar question asked before, Gallery Cafe on Chaofa East.

Gallery Cafe.jpg

Indeed, but that place was rejected after a few meetings there. I won't go into details as that'll only start the trolls off again.

17 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Closed a few months back

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Not surprised it's closed with name 'Coffee Brick'. Not very catchy mai ...

Also not surprised given the comments on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/coffee.brick/reviews/?ref=page_internal

- which is a pity, because it's location and the availability of parking were perfect, apart from when people want to leave and head south, of course.

42 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Also not surprised given the comments on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/coffee.brick/reviews/?ref=page_internal

- which is a pity, because it's location and the availability of parking were perfect, apart from when people want to leave and head south, of course.

Try Gong Cafe. Never been there but, has parking. It is roughly opposite that Yong Yangyon tire place on the east side of Chao Fah west. About 100 m before Lotus coming from the circle

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Too bad about the brick place. I always saw traffic in and out of that building. It appeared to be a good concept.

So, for the people wanting to meet, what happened to the old Sandwich Shoppe (not that name anymore)? If this will start trolling, don't answer. lol

It became Eat & Talk restobar with a good menu. It too has closed

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Too bad about the brick place. I always saw traffic in and out of that building. It appeared to be a good concept.

So, for the people wanting to meet, what happened to the old Sandwich Shoppe (not that name anymore)? If this will start trolling, don't answer. lol

That's where this group used to meet so apparently it's not a consideration now, even if still open.

17 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not surprised it's closed with name 'Coffee Brick'. Not very catchy mai ...

There are two ' Coffee Bricks ' in Wichien Buri, Petchabun. Don't know if same owner. After talking to the manager it appears that what was originally meant was ' Coffee Break ' but poor spelling resulted in a brick.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

There are two ' Coffee Bricks ' in Wichien Buri, Petchabun. Don't know if same owner. After talking to the manager it appears that what was originally meant was ' Coffee Break ' but poor spelling resulted in a brick.

Probably not the same owners. I know the owner of the one in Chalong. They are a Thai family with several businesses in Phuket. The coffee place was just a side business they didn't pay much attention too apparently.

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Another thought - 333 Café.  Haven't been there, but a friend said their coffee was good. Don't know if it has subsequently closed. Don't know about WIFI, but it does have a telephone box.

About 600 metres south of Tesco, other side.

333.JPG

This has changed owners and names a few times in the last year. It's not a cafe anymore. it's also no longer dtoo daeng pizza, pasta, salad.

Lately its been changed to a seafood restaurant. 

Let's see what it will be turned to next 

Edited by thaibutty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibutty said:

This has changed owners and names a few times in the last year. It's not a cafe anymore. it's also no longer du dtaeng pizza, pasta, salad.

Lately its been changed to a seafood restaurant. 

Let's see what it will be turned to next 

ok thanks. Not surprised.

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Ok, my last suggestion. I think it's new, I haven't noticed it before. It is open, went past today. The Circle Coffee Boutique!

https://www.facebook.com/ThecirclecoffeeChalong/

Virtually next door to Wat Chalong.

Link that works https://www.facebook.com/ThecirclecoffeeChalong

On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 4:19 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

Try Gong Cafe. Never been there but, has parking. It is roughly opposite that Yong Yangyon tire place on the east side of Chao Fah west. About 100 m before Lotus coming from the circle

Yes, I found that place on Google Eearth and then Facebook. It looks OK apart from the parking which looks like it's for bikes rather than pickups. But it's one that I'll probably check out.

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Old Croc said:

Another thought - 333 Café.  Haven't been there, but a friend said their coffee was good. Don't know if it has subsequently closed. Don't know about WIFI, but it does have a telephone box.

About 600 metres south of Tesco, other side.

333.JPG

That one looks promising! Not sure what the phone box is for... maybe they're Dr. Who fans?

To be investigated...