Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

oh the horror, people actually having some money to live on, what is the world coming to.... he should just be poor and grateful 

I dont mind people having money to live on, as long as they are not living with their hand out, bludging off others.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Once again you assume he's getting an aged pension, maybe like me he only gets a part pension because of savings/investments etc. You're too quick to judge his circumstances.

Nice to know i am only "partly" supporting you.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I worked from 16 to 60 in Australia, so I put in a fair innings, and I'm entitled to what Centrelink give me, so don't be pointing fingers at people and accusing them of being bludgers and rorting the system.

That is where you and I differ in opinion. I too have contributed taxes to the australian system. But I dont feel entitled to anything.

I met a couple of Aussies in their seventies a couple of weeks back in a four star resort in Kao Lak. They spend 12 weeks every year doing the same, while being on the pension.

Shameless. 

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

How the <deleted> do you reckon he is a welfare cheat ? 

Claiming welfare and earning $200 plus per day 

He paid his taxes and has a right to get an Aussie pension.

I paid tax, i thought it was for roads, schools, hospitals, the disabled etc, not for giving to people who dont need it.

I don;t think he is "Living it up " as you say.

Golfing, young shiela in the tropics. He aint doing it tough.

You are a clueless knob.  I am getting a British pension here in Australia

Another one.

and I do a lot of buying and selling and make good profit. So do you think I am a bludger too ?  I paid my taxes and have every right to a pension.

A right?

Obviously the Government agree or they would't be giving it to me, would they.  Nobody can afford to live on a pension !  Are you going to give yours back to the state then ? Bet you don't

I wont be lowering myself to bludge off the taxpayer mate. Self funded. 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:
1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

You dont know much about the Australian government then. Any eligible pensioner who is absent from Australia more than 6 weeks has the pension stopped.

BS

When you leave Australia for more than 6 weeks your:

• Pension Supplement will drop to the basic rate, and
  • Energy Supplement will stop

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/age-pension-if-you-travel-outside-australia/31171

There's more info in the link about what occurs if you're entitled to an Australian pension and travel/live overseas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Unless he's legal, in which case it isn't him who's the idiot.

He cant be legal, even if he has a WP, its a thai only job as is all non skilled labour jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

You dont know much about the Australian government then. Any eligible pensioner who is absent from Australia more than 6 weeks has the pension stopped.

You do not get your pension stopped after 6 weeks, 1,000s of guys live here on OAP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

You're such a sad, sad case, it is ever Aussies right to "bludge" of the government, after working, and paying taxes, for 50 or 60 years... geez mate, what a drongo.

Let me guess, a pensioner?

people on the dole use the same argument, they had a part time job twenty years ago at Macdonalds and paid tax, so now they are "entitled" to be taken care of forever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Most likely on retirement - so no WP.

How dumb do you have to be to let this go national and pose for photo's.

There may be trouble ahead.

People who don’t live in Thai Visa or don’t follow expat news probably don’t know the hassles involved with this.

Lots of people out there who can’t be bothered with staying on top of news, especially online news.

18 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Pete, 

Is your concern the matter of possibly no work permit or the man being a pensioner?

Is it  against Aussie Pension rules to earn some income after retiring?

I wonder if you're just trying to wind people up or if you're really serious.    It sounds like you feel no one should ever receive and enjoy an earned Aussie pension.

"I met a couple of Aussies in their seventies a couple of weeks back in a four star resort in Kao Lak. They spend 12 weeks every year doing the same, while being on the pension.

Shameless".

Shameless??

I dont care about his WP. 

I just think welfare should be reserved for those in need. 

I have no problem with self funded retirees living it up, because they are using their own money.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:
2 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

And a pensioner also. So he is bludging of the Aussie taxpayer while living it up in Paradise and earning cash with his hand out for taxpayers money. 

Welfare cheat. I hate them.

Off the Australian taxpayer? What, you think he didn't contribute when he was working?

Just because you have paid taxes doesn't mean you are entitled to receive anything back as a pension. System would collapse if that was the case. It's one reason why you also have superannuation. The taxes I paid I will never get back because I am in a good place financially and would fail any means test. Fair enough, let the system help those who really need it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My friend has a book on Thai working regulations also translated into English, and it clearly states that NO FARANG is allowed to do any job a Thai can do. He used this book to stick this regulation in the face of a Kajonkiet Suksa Bilingual school owner in Phuket who was making the Farang school teachers serve lunch to the students, and the very next day the practice was stopped! 

So this possible retired Farang washing cars is a total NO-NO, and even if he has a work permit, it's still a big NO-NO. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Then you must hate big corporations then

No, corporations employ people and pay tax. Pensioners are a revenue drain.

i invest in corporations, my dividends are fully franked and because I deregistered with the ATO for taxation purposes, I dont pay any capital gains tax either.

Which is a relief, because otherwise my taxes would be wasted on pensioners playing pokies down the pub.

There are lifters and leaners. Corporations are lifters, pensioners are leaners.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1