Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, I can't help but wonder if some little entrepreneurial guy dressed in brown will recognize an opportunity...  or worse still, Immigration get wind of this and decide to do something about it. 

I thinl BJ is already on to it

4 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

And a pensioner also. So he is bludging of the Aussie taxpayer while living it up in Paradise and earning cash with his hand out for taxpayers money. 

Welfare cheat. I hate them.

If the Aussie MPs are anything like the British MPs, then they are even worse than any welfare, or in the British version, benefit cheats.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

Most likely on retirement - so no WP.

How dumb do you have to be to let this go national and pose for photo's.

There may be trouble ahead.

Or, perhaps not.

The hard lined authorities might consider such activity a novelty with the positive press it's receiving and just let it go, especially in the light of current campaigning and the spin gained could be an asset - or maybe nothing of this scenario at all. 

Old pensioner, Farang Kee Nok, struggles to survive with a bit of ingenuity and hard work - contributing to the community, creating employment for youngsters, etc....

There is a contemporary romantic side to it.

????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhilippBKK said:

Good on Mr. Pearl for getting some great promo for his company and being a good sport and all.

It's a nice post and he seems to be running a great little company with his wife in Rayong, employs local kids and customers are happy.

Haters.....

Er, shouldn't the kids be in school?

There seems to be varying accounts to gaining an Aussie Pension here.. I worked in Oz for over 35 years lived there for 55.. I should have been eligible for the OAP but was refused on the basis I live overseas. I even presented myself at my eligible date to centerlink. So those getting the pension consider yourself very lucky indeed. I know it’s not a lot but it would have paid easily half my monthly living expenses. To get a pension would require me to go back live in Australia for 2 years and then only then I may be granted a OAP. Unfortunately I am not prepared to make such a huge move at this time of my life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

He's allowed to earn over $4000 a year, or more than $7000 as a couple before your pension is affected.

6000 Baht per day, say 5 days a week at today's exchange of B23..8317= 1AD. (6000 x 5 x 4 x 13)/23.8317 = 65459...AD per year. Even if you divide that by say, 4, (allowing for other family members to have their share etc.) he would receive more than 16 thousand AD per year. So it would still be in excess of what you quoted.  

Edited by TKDfella

25 minutes ago, Wim1954 said:

Also of he is doing it for free then he still need a wp Work is Work paid,volunteer or free.

What he needs to say is that he is 'instructing' the kids how to wash cars....not really working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

6000 Baht per day, say 5 days a week at today's exchange of B23..8317= 1AD. (6000 x 5 x 4 x 12)/28.317 = 60,423...AD per year. Even if you divide that by say, 4, (allowing for other family members to have their share etc.) he would receive more than 15 thousand AD per year. So it would still be in excess of what you quoted.  

Do you really think he clears 6000 baht a day, that he has no overheads like rent, electric, water, wages etc? Maybe the business is in his wife's name and she pays him the 300 baht a day going rate. I doubt if Centrelink will be fussed to follow up on it when there are plenty rorting the system in Australia. He may even be self-funded and doesn't get a penny, who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a big difference between the sensationalized headline "Farang washing cars to make a living says he's making 6000 baht a day" and the body of the article where he is quoted as saying "the shop was making 5,000 baht to 6,000 baht a day cleaning an average of 20 cars." My take is that he must suck at golf; and, his TV must be on the fritz.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Do you really think he clears 6000 baht a day, that he has no overheads like rent, electric, water, wages etc? Maybe the business is in his wife's name and she pays him the 300 baht a day going rate. I doubt if Centrelink will be fussed to follow up on it when there are plenty rorting the system in Australia. He may even be self-funded and doesn't get a penny, who knows?

I'm just going by the OP details. How much You or I think he makes is irrelevant, that's for others to investigate and ascertain the truth. And whether others are conning the Australian Pensions dept. is also irrelevant since they most likely have not appeared in a news paper to talk about it. Stick to apparent details of the OP.

43 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Have you always paid every cent of tax your supposed to, have you ever claimed a deduction for something that was not deductible, have you ever worked for cash in hand? Let he who is without sin etc.

41 minutes ago, mikecha said:

u jealous  maybe he worked 40 years non stop get a pension he paid for so why is he a welfare cheat pension is not welfare it is paid for by yourself over the years ,

Wrong, Ozzies taxes don't go into a pension fund. Welfare is not paid by "yourself" over the years. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

And a pensioner also. So he is bludging of the Aussie taxpayer while living it up in Paradise and earning cash with his hand out for taxpayers money. 

5 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Really  ...I’d say he is receiving a portion of the Hard earned heavily taxed money he has  already paid INTO the system....I read statistics that there are 70m ish THAI persons of which 2.5m pay tax...

The REAL Parasitic Spongers are the global  Politicians and Bankers who Take everything and Give F-call.  Think you should redirect your hate  to. Just cause...

as for THAI Law... it is drafted so ambiguously ithat everyone will break it and for you to accuse everyone of being a Tax Dodger ...look in the MIRROR 1st. ... I brushed my Teeth today...so? What I’ve deprived a THAI dentist of a Hygenist income? Or washed my dishes and did a house maid out of a job..ect. It’s ludicrous but the law states exerting energy is working which is illegal..whether for Free or Paid without a WP...

Edited by Boombum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, OzinThai said:

There seems to be varying accounts to gaining an Aussie Pension here.. I worked in Oz for over 35 years lived there for 55.. I should have been eligible for the OAP but was refused on the basis I live overseas. I even presented myself at my eligible date to centerlink. So those getting the pension consider yourself very lucky indeed. I know it’s not a lot but it would have paid easily half my monthly living expenses. To get a pension would require me to go back live in Australia for 2 years and then only then I may be granted a OAP. Unfortunately I am not prepared to make such a huge move at this time of my life.

It's been a requirement for some time to live in Australia for the 2 years before you reach pensionable age, or conversely, return to Australia at any time and do the 2 years. You haven't been singled out, that's part of meeting the criteria to get an aged pension.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I'm just going by the OP details. How much You or I think he makes is irrelevant, that's for others to investigate and ascertain the truth. And whether others are conning the Australian Pensions dept. is also irrelevant since they most likely have not appeared in a news paper to talk about it. Stick to apparent details of the OP.

Well you were the one who worked out to the satang what he would be earning at 6000 baht a day, projected over a year. Seems you like to cherry pick details.

we left Thailand for a lot of reasons, but our uk money getting less every month was the main reason. My Thai wife did the after school Chicken Snax etc, gave us about 1000 baht a day csh so we survived. In the end now so much better off back in old Blighty

good luck you all

i think this guy washing cars is great for him, but work permit/? probably not, must be his Thai wifes biz, good luck to you mate

• Like 1

Just now, giddyup said:

Well you were the one who worked out to the satang what he would be earning at 6000 baht a day, projected over a year. Seems you like to cherry pick details.

And you were the one who quoted the Australian limits! I merely worked it out according to the headline and indicated that he was still beyond YOUR figures. If you don't like being corrected don't make statements in the first place.

• Like 1

Totally integrated into Thai style of business ... only talk about the GROSS income.

After expenses ... well , maybe a bit.

He is a good man with a good heart. I hope the BIB don't break his entrepreneurial spirit with stupid rules 

• Like 1