Electronic section is a RIP off. 

Wanted a laptop keyboard. 

Asus. 

1500 he said. 2100 installed. 

Would not sell it to me as a part.

Same connection ribbon. 

Worth 40 baht ex China. 

600 baht but he had to also fit it.

The whole joint has got a bad reputation. 

Top floor closing.

Hard to get customers back once they go. 

Yes it's sad really. 

Can you tell me which shop? I need a new keyboard for my Asus, can't find one.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, they are turning the Mikeś building into a hotel.  Except for the first floor which should remain a shopping zone.

When is this supposed to be completed?  Seems like forever ago when I could cut through Mike's from Beach Road to Second Road.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:53 PM, JayBird said:

Avenue has Villa. It's ok.
The walk on sukhumuvit had Villa and Starbucks and parking. If I lived east side I would be there frequently.

On the list of things that should die, Mike's shopping mall should be first. The fact it's there means things don't die easily here.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is apples and oranges with T21 of course.

But, I did go to Little Walk yesterday.  A can see the Starbuck´s doing OK of course it is on the main road.  The rest of it is very iffy. A nice big Watson´s why?  I went to Villa Market very nice and new but I was the only person in the place.  I never want a place to fail, but sadly I would be surprised if that center makes it down the road.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bender92 said:

Subway is coming too. Next to the cinema.

20190127_125209.jpg

I guess it is a Thai thing?

When I order any type of sandwich one slice of any meat is usually the norm.  Are they being cheap or just have no clue how to make a proper sandwich?

Anyway, I like Subway but always order double meat here.

Comes out to over a 300 b lunch.

Come to Thailand and spend your time in shopping malls, how depressing is that?   Never been near T21 and never will.  Forced by Mrs Pilotman to go to Central 2 days ago, never again.  I told her that if she ever wants to go mall shopping again, or indeed anywhere near Pattaya City, she can take a taxi.   

2 minutes ago, madmen said:
13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
Come to Thailand and spend your time in shopping malls, how depressing is that?   Never been near T21 and never will.  Forced by Mrs Pilotman to go to Central 2 days ago, never again.  I told her that if she ever wants to go mall shopping again, or indeed anywhere near Pattaya City, she can take a taxi.   

Are you depressed? Not being silly but you should check in with a doc. A mall is just a mall and no reason to feel so sad about it

Not me, I'm a joy to be with  and a picture of happiness.  It's the sad shoppers I feel sorry for, but never for too long.  Each to his own.   

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have been in Jomtien for two weeks this morning for the first time I will take the bus into Pattaya, head to terminal 21 for a look and work my way back down to pick up the bus back to jomtien, will look in the central festival and mikes to see if it's improved after renovations.

There's nothing depressing about doing a bit of shopping now and again it's how we get clothes on our backs and shoes on our feet myself I need a summer jacket for a wedding in August and some shorts for walking in that are loose light and airy.Walking around I think that some of us should go shopping where they can actually try the clothes on and look in a mirror.Do you still buy your clothes from the littlewoods catalog.

Edited by adammike
Shorts not shirts

49 minutes ago, adammike said:

I have been in Jomtien for two weeks this morning for the first time I will take the bus into Pattaya, head to terminal 21 for a look and work my way back down to pick up the bus back to jomtien, will look in the central festival and mikes to see if it's improved after renovations.

There's nothing depressing about doing a bit of shopping now and again it's how we get clothes on our backs and shoes on our feet myself I need a summer jacket for a wedding in August and some shorts for walking in that are loose light and airy.Walking around I think that some of us should go shopping where they can actually try the clothes on and look in a mirror.Do you still buy your clothes from the littlewoods catalog.

Amazon, Lazarda, Ali Barba, Brooks Tavener, all online, can't remember the last time I went actual shopping for much at all, bar food 

1 hour ago, adammike said:

l and mikes to see if it's improved after renovations.

Don't bother with Mike's.  Nothing has changed.  The renovations are not to the knock off market in the mall rather the floors above it.  I'm just happy Mike's has opened a door on the Second Road side giving me an air conditioned walk through from Beach Road to Second Road.

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess it is a Thai thing?

When I order any type of sandwich one slice of any meat is usually the norm.  Are they being cheap or just have no clue how to make a proper sandwich?

Anyway, I like Subway but always order double meat here.

Comes out to over a 300 b lunch.

Subway isn't as cheap as other alternatives but I like it. The bread is very good here if toasted correctly.

Current specials for those interested.  I believe the BBQ chicken and Chicken Teriyaki are the only 2 with any significant savings. 

20190125_145157.jpg

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Subway isn't as cheap as other alternatives but I like it. The bread is very good here if toasted correctly.

Current specials for those interested.  I believe the BBQ chicken and Chicken Teriyaki are the only 2 with any significant savings. 

20190125_145157.jpg

yum yum.

4 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

See here and/or here -- it's his mobile phone.

Yeah, I know it is.....

Sent from my shitty Oppo phone....

I just don't see why this info has to be included on every post.

The one I did like is the guy with the tag line 'sent from my Kray Super Computer'

Subways very nice now n then,but how someone older can eat those Toasty Cheese things from 7/11 il never know. I could eat one when i was at School, id eat a scabby dog back then.! 

Sometimes have the 7/11 toasties. Just a snack, nothing more.
Subways I don’t like & not worth the money, even at 89 baht. I can have a Banh Mi for 45 baht with freshly baked bread on the dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Subways very nice now n then,but how someone older can eat those Toasty Cheese things from 7/11 il never know. I could eat one when i was at School, id eat a scabby dog back then.! 

Subways are just nasty, but I quite like the 7-11 toasties.

In Cambodia fresh warm bread is served with almost every order in a restaurant, and it's really nice.

In Laos and Vietnam I didn't find the bread to be very good either.