Has Anyone Used Monthly Income without the Income Letter?

3 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

When one gets the bank letter showing B800,000 must you go to Immigration the same day it is issued or is it valid for several days?

It depends upon the immigration office where you apply for the extension.

Not many want it the same day of the application but many want the bank book updated on the date you apply.

If not sure best to get the letter the day before you apply.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Mine has the date I opened the account and something else in Thai that I can't read. 

The seasoning compliance is determined by supplying a copy of the bank book going back three months. Again. the bank letter does not provide confirmation for seasoning compliance. 

Edited by Jingthing

As for depositing 65.000 baht monthly, I assume for a year in advance. As far as I am aware this has not been officially stated. If it has I have two questions. 1. Would it be acceptable to bring in 195.000 baht each 3 months. 2. If an unmarried retiree had 400.000 (50%) baht in the bank would he only need to prove monthly inward deposits in a Thai bank of 32.500 baht? 

18 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

As for depositing 65.000 baht monthly, I assume for a year in advance. As far as I am aware this has not been officially stated. If it has I have two questions. 1. Would it be acceptable to bring in 195.000 baht each 3 months. 2. If an unmarried retiree had 400.000 (50%) baht in the bank would he only need to prove monthly inward deposits in a Thai bank of 32.500 baht? 

There has been nothing announced by immigration yet so it is not possible to say what will be required with any certainty. 

I am not sure the income would have to be coming in for a year since it would impossible for a person to apply for the first extension if a person had not been living here that long.

1. They might allow that and candulate it into annual income and then into a monthly income. 2. That is how it works now. You would need another 844 baht a month in your example to reach a total of 800k baht.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Agusts said:

Do they still need a letter if you have an updated bank book...!?  It's clear as day in the book...!

Yes they do. It is possible your book does not show the full 90 day period. This happens if it has not been updated for some time and a consolidated entry is put in there. 

I actually have a reminder to take the book and get it updated 90 days before the extension is due, then of course update it again when I actually do it. Before that it gathers dust.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure the income would have to be coming in for a year since it would impossible for a person to apply for the first extension if a person had not been living here that long.

They could make a 2 cases rule similar to the 800k method 2 cases rule, like :

- 3 transfers 65k in last 3 months for first time using this method;

- 12 transfers 65k in last 12 months for subsequent years.

But yes, we have to wait for the new Police Order...

18 hours ago, Agusts said:

Do they still need a letter if you have an updated bank book...!?  It's clear as day in the book...!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they do. It is possible your book does not show the full 90 day period. This happens if it has not been updated for some time and a consolidated entry is put in there. 

I actually have a reminder to take the book and get it updated 90 days before the extension is due, then of course update it again when I actually do it. Before that it gathers dust.

In addition, certain transactions occurring during the seasoning period could subsequently be overprinted in the bank book, as in the attached example of mine.

And if, for whatever reason, the bank book does not provide a clear and complete list of all transactions over the seasoning period, my understanding is that Immigration require a bank statement in addition to the letter and passbook. 

Passbook.pdf

Edited by OJAS