Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Benroon said:

Thailand are ranked 60th in the world for suicides so no need for the panic just yet !! 

But how do the stats hold up if you only look at suicides of non Thai persons residing here. Would that number of 60 increase or decrease I wonder?

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

Thailand are ranked 60th in the world for suicides so no need for the panic just yet !! 

The sad thing is that there is generally an inverse relationship between suicide and murder.  Those countries with high suicide have lower murder rates and the reverse is also true, of low suicide rates associated with higher murder rates.  It depends on whether a culture or country overall tends to externalize anger (murder) or internalize anger (suicide.)

14 minutes ago, catman20 said:

who cares, if someone going to behave in this way better hes gone.

You have no idea what the poor man was going through to make him kill himself, so please stop with the uncaring/ nasty comments.

Maybe 1 day you could find yourself in a similar situation, you wouldnt be making nasty comments then.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

never going to happen to me ! you know more than anyone about bad things that can happen in ones life but you did not throw yourself off a building.

the man was weak and pathetic i have no time for anyone like this. im sorry ! 

You are wrong, never going to happen to you.... WHAT, stop the nonsense please.

I was seriously wanting to kill myself after being told i would never walk again, only reason it didnt happen was at the time i was unable to even lift a hand, and could not even hold a glass or anything.

Could happen to you tomorrow, think about that before spouting nasty comments about others.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I was seriously wanting to kill myself after being told i would never walk again, only reason it didnt happen was at the time i was unable to even lift a hand, and could not even hold a glass or anything.

Could happen to you tomorrow, think about that before spouting nasty comments about others.

we are NOT talking about accidents like you had, sure that can happen to anyone at any time, we are talking about a man that decided to take hes own life, THATS WHATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME ! stop be argumentative and take a chill pill. 

Pure speculation - but it could be the high profile overstay crackdowns and/or tough rules on retirees that caused him to do that.

If anyone gets in such bad mental space reading this due to current visa pressures, contact a therapist/helpline in your country (Samaritans etc). ????

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You have no idea what the poor man was going through to make him kill himself, so please stop with the uncaring/ nasty comments.

Maybe 1 day you could find yourself in a similar situation, you wouldnt be making nasty comments then.

And I doubt anyone else would so heartless to make such sick nasty comments.....unbelievable!

5 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Pure speculation - but it could be the high profile overstay crackdowns and/or tough rules on retirees that caused him to do tha

If anyone gets in such bad mental space reading this due to current visa pressures, contact a therapist/helpline in your country (Samaritans etc). ????

Seems he had prostrate cancer and left a will according to a previous post/news link.

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Best to just ignore this fellow colinneil.  Obviously has some very serious problems and thrives on negative attention.....so sad really.

27 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

I would have thought that a straight drop from that height would have severed the head. Maybe he was lowered down, a difficult way to commit suicide ????  R.I.P.

I thought the same but looking at the pictures his arm seems in an awkward position wrapped around the back of his head??  maybe his arm got tangled in the rope during the drop and lessened the impact on his neck.  Poor fellow, RIP

What puzzles me is the need for the raincoat??

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

There are a lot more in these countries....

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Country   Rank
Lithuania 31.9 suicides per 100k 1
Russia 31 suicides per 100k 2
Guyana 29.2 suicides per 100k 3
South Korea 26.9 suicides per 100k 4
Belarus 26.2 suicides per 100k 5
Suriname 22.8 suicides per 100k 6
Kazakhstan 22.5 suicides per 100k 7
Ukraine 22.4 suicides per 100k 8
Latvia 21.2 suicides per 100k 10
Lesotho 21.2 suicides per 100k 9
Belgium 20.7 suicides per 100k 11
Hungary 19.1 suicides per 100k 12
Slovenia 18.6 suicides per 100k 13
Japan 18.5 suicides per 100k 14
Uruguay 18.4 suicides per 100k 15
Estonia 17.8 suicides per 100k 16
France 17.7 suicides per 100k 17
Switzerland 17.2 suicides per 100k 18
Croatia 16.5 suicides per 100k 19
Equatorial Guinea 16.4 suicides per 100k 20
India 16.3 suicides per 100k 21
Poland 16.2 suicides per 100k 22
Moldova 15.9 suicides per 100k 24
Finland 15.9 suicides per 100k 23
Serbia 15.6 suicides per 100k 26
Austria 15.6 suicides per 100k 25
United States 15.3 suicides per 100k 27
Sweden 14.8 suicides per 100k 28
Sri Lanka 14.6 suicides per 100k 29
Thailand 14.4 suicides per 100k 31
Kiribati 14.4 suicides per 100k 30

Very interesting reading, the top 40 is all over the place, doesn't seem to be anything in common.

Jumping from that height with a rope around his neck ..I'm surprised he didn't decapitate himself.  Usually a hanging drop of the distance that he dropped would rip a persons head off. 

That's what i thought, i remember something Albert Pierpoint (sp) wrote about how important the length of the drop was so as to stop decapitation, so saying all we can offer is the usual RIP to the poor man, if there were others involved ie. murder lets hope the police find them through maybe the other suicide note that names other ex-pats!

There are a lot more in these countries....

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Country   Rank
Lithuania 31.9 suicides per 100k 1
Russia 31 suicides per 100k 2
Guyana 29.2 suicides per 100k 3
South Korea 26.9 suicides per 100k 4
Belarus 26.2 suicides per 100k 5
Suriname 22.8 suicides per 100k 6
Kazakhstan 22.5 suicides per 100k 7
Ukraine 22.4 suicides per 100k 8
Latvia 21.2 suicides per 100k 10
Lesotho 21.2 suicides per 100k 9
Belgium 20.7 suicides per 100k 11
Hungary 19.1 suicides per 100k 12
Slovenia 18.6 suicides per 100k 13
Japan 18.5 suicides per 100k 14
Uruguay 18.4 suicides per 100k 15
Estonia 17.8 suicides per 100k 16
France 17.7 suicides per 100k 17
Switzerland 17.2 suicides per 100k 18
Croatia 16.5 suicides per 100k 19
Equatorial Guinea 16.4 suicides per 100k 20
India 16.3 suicides per 100k 21
Poland 16.2 suicides per 100k 22
Moldova 15.9 suicides per 100k 24
Finland 15.9 suicides per 100k 23
Serbia 15.6 suicides per 100k 26
Austria 15.6 suicides per 100k 25
United States 15.3 suicides per 100k 27
Sweden 14.8 suicides per 100k 28
Sri Lanka 14.6 suicides per 100k 29
Thailand 14.4 suicides per 100k 31
Kiribati 14.4 suicides per 100k 30

Well that's certainly an eye-opener....you've put things in perspective as far as the perceived  high rate of suicide in Thailand. Suicide has no boundaries- obviously. No matter what country, the fact remains that suicide unfortunately has no explanation to those not suffering and not in the person's shoes. Sad reality is that for whatever reason a person decides to take their life, focus on mental health always seems to be either disregarded or sadly in many instances too late to draw attention. Granted, no one can read minds- what people are going through and often those despondent people do not show or speak about their struggles. For those who see a 'change" in people close to them, take note and assume that something may be amiss.

48 minutes ago, pastprime said:

That block with the homemade pipe inserted (bloodstained)maybe the weapon he shot himself with   prob someone else earlier mentioned it

How does one shoot themself with a pipe? Forgive my confusion with your forensic theory. Inasmuch as I thought that photo to be "weird", I don't see how a pipe contributed to a person shooting themself.

5 minutes ago, TMNH said:

How does one shoot themself with a pipe? Forgive my confusion with your forensic theory. Inasmuch as I thought that photo to be "weird", I don't see how a pipe contributed to a person shooting themself.

Block of wood bloodstained,

pipe inserted,looks as if discharge from self quoted pipe........man dips head bang  over the side   later police reports man shot himself  homemade weapon

2 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

So he cuts his wrists and his neck, then he put a noose around his neck which the other end attached somewhere else and then shoots himself? Its kinda overkill isnt it?

Its something more to this....

:biggrin:

Luckily our "Suicide Squad" has all the answers, ... um urp uh right. Just another day on Thaivisa 

6 minutes ago, pastprime said:

Block of wood bloodstained,

pipe inserted,looks as if discharge from self quoted pipe........man dips head bang  over the side   later police reports man shot himself  homemade weapon

Huh? What is a "self-quoted" pipe? If a person wants to shoot themself, what is the purpose of making the act more difficult by constructing some 'apparatus"? Your logic does not make sense at all. If I were despondent and wanted to kill myself with a gun, I assure you that my only focus would be the gun pointing to an area of my body- certainly not a fairy-tale gun attached to a pipe. If I'm wrong, then I will retire to bedlam.

2 minutes ago, TMNH said:

Huh? What is a "self-quoted" pipe? If a person wants to shoot themself, what is the purpose of making the act more difficult by constructing some 'apparatus"? Your logic does not make sense at all. If I were despondent and wanted to kill myself with a gun, I assure you that my only focus would be the gun pointing to an area of my body- certainly not a fairy-tale gun attached to a pipe. If I'm wrong, then I will retire to bedlam.

And furthermore, had the deceased shot himself prior to the apparent hanging (as others have suggested), then if incapacitated from the gun shot, how did he manage to put a noose around his neck after he was shot? Anything possible, although not palatable.

3 minutes ago, TMNH said:

And furthermore, had the deceased shot himself prior to the apparent hanging (as others have suggested), then if incapacitated from the gun shot, how did he manage to put a noose around his neck after he was shot? Anything possible, although not palatable.

Jesus...  shot, jumped/fell  I quoted 'gun'  not hanging on here just use thought/imagination/deduction,read police reports (if poss) got other things to do,obv you have all day deducing

21 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

I don't wanna sound like a bad guy but the cops/rescue people certainly did more than I would have done.  I would have just hosted his ass up rather than put anyone else over the side.

Don't feel too bad as I would of just cut the rope.obviously not money worries if he was like all the young,able and fit Norwegians in my village on 100,000b a month sickness benefit that they like to call pension.selfish tosser if you ask me,leaving everyone to clean up after him and terrorising the neighbourhood with a horrific sight for all to see.

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Seems he had prostrate cancer and left a will according to a previous post/news link.

You are close to the 'gossip' I heard this morning. Via Thai partner, friend of a friend etc! 

Claimed to know him.

Archived