Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

30 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

s

31 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Old forum script ?

A computer script is a list of commands that are executed by a certain program or scripting engine.Scripts may be used to automate processes on a local computer or to generate Web pages on the Web.

59 minutes ago, stud858 said:

My recommendation is for Thai visa web publishers to throw this old forum script to the dogs and go for a whole new design.  

I haven't looked to see what newer public domain freeware forum scripts there are but I'm sure there are some. Go for it guys. Pull down this old house and rebuild . 

But whats wrong with the script used here Invsion Community. It handles some huge forums without problems.

I have had enough for now. 

I had closed and restarted my Chrome browser 3 times since 11:30.

I have had the 520 error twice, spent countless minutes waiting for pages to turn. wasted time waiting for My Notifications to work.

IMHO this site is not usable any more and it certainly is not user friendly.

I am out of here for now and I will look in every so often to check that it has improved though I am not holding out much hope.

This particular thread has been running since November 14th which is a month to the day and the problem is still not fixed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

Don't hold your breath.

The new owners do not seem capable or even interested in fixing it.

The previous owner would never have allowed things to get this bad.????

Tech support is directly proportional to site revenue. Maybe its no longer worth a dance.

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have had enough for now. 

I had closed and restarted my Chrome browser 3 times since 11:30.

I have had the 520 error twice, spent countless minutes waiting for pages to turn. wasted time waiting for My Notifications to work.

IMHO this site is not usable any more and it certainly is not user friendly.

I am out of here for now and I will look in every so often to check that it has improved though I am not holding out much hope.

This particular thread has been running since November 14th which is a month to the day and the problem is still not fixed.

Just before you go Billd..................am having trouble with my computer but don't know if it is related to the problems on this site?? For example my comp just shut down without warning, this when I was typing a post (has happened a couple of times).

I am using the Opera browser. Thanks in anticipation of a reply!!!

• Like 1

Just before you go Billd..................am having trouble with my computer but don't know if it is related to the problems on this site?? For example my comp just shut down without warning, this when I was typing a post (has happened a couple of times).

It's not forum related. If it's a pc and not a laptop you can open the cover and give the ram sticks a wiggle or re seat them. See you tube vids

That COULD be the problem as it happens to me sometimes and that's the fix

Could be a number of other things as well
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

As far as I can make out, the problems mainly occur around the half hour and hour?

Indeed, I recall reading somewhere (maybe even earlier in this particular thread?) that the specific problematical times were 2 & 32 minutes past the hour. Presumably those are the times when the Tech Doctor has his alarm set for performing mega-tasks on the Singapore server?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ravip said:

Yes, now TVF is sickeningly slow - no solution seen in the horizon? Any particular reason?

They did an update/upgrade of their software. Quite normal if you ask me, and I don't mean TVF. The software companies for some reason feel an urge to modify their product, but don't want to spend money and time on testing it before delivery. They leave this to the customer, whom in this case, leave it to us members. :tongue:

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

As far as I can make out, the problems mainly occur around the half hour and hour?

Not today , I have been struggling to read posts and notifications for the last 2 hours .  

I got this error page at 2:46 pm   

Capture.JPG.672c5849ec8ca4dee85facd45a3c9609.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

Forum is slower than a dead dog

I can only use it after  midnight now at normal speed

its happening here too only I'm getting cloud flare errors,

maybe they are so focused on getting advertising junk working they can't be bothered to spend have the updated hardware needed for that as well as the actual content that brings eyeballs

11 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

its happening here too only I'm getting cloud flare errors,

maybe they are so focused on getting advertising junk working they can't be bothered to spend have the updated hardware needed for that as well as the actual content that brings eyeballs

before it took 3-4 minutes to load a page..... just now it took 11 minutes, no idea what's going on but with all the complains they should start to wonder?????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

before it took 3-4 minutes to load a page..... just now it took 11 minutes, no idea what's going on but with all the complains they should start to wonder?????

Its all the Adds. try Firefox turn on add blocking and it is virtually instant.

sorry not quite true, but faster

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Not so sure i use scriptblock therefore i see no adds

But today with the increased traffic  Re BKK shooting it IMHO simply proves it  could not cope,resulting in 10 mins to load pages and multiple 5 something errors.

• Like 1

As an old CEO of many {well 3 realy} Companies, id hate to answer questions from Shareholders unless they realised TV was worth nothing anyway to the Group. Just something id bought on a whim off a Friend. Maintenance of this old site is embarrassing to all.

Snail slow right now and has been for a while. Just got (yet another)  Error 502 notiofication, plus this advice which I hope will be heeded by the Forum managers:

If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). 

Don't worry this is a regular thing every time there is a forum "upgrade".

As soon as all the problems have been sorted and the forum is running smoothly they'll do another upgrade and start the whole stupid process over again.

Makes you wonder if they are getting extra revenue from forum software testing, obviously they don't make enough cash from all those intrusive ads.

Wonder what they'll think up next to rake in even more money, perhaps a membership fee ???? 

• Like 1

And 10 minutes ether side of those so only a small window to access. It's disgraceful in 2018

Indeed, I recall reading somewhere (maybe even earlier in this particular thread?) that the specific problematical times were 2 & 32 minutes past the hour. Presumably those are the times when the Tech Doctor has his alarm set for performing mega-tasks on the Singapore server?
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Tonight I logged in at 21:37 and it is usable at the moment.

I use Google Chrome and I have done for quite a while now.

I Have never tried Opera but I was a Firefox user for years but it got too clunky so I moved over.

I don't think your problem is user related to TVF but you may find that clearing all the cookies may help. If you are using a laptop or a desktop perhaps it is running a little hot and may need the fans and filters cleaning.  

I found a little (free) program a while ago called core temperature which is quite interesting and tells you the temperature of some of the processors a,d another called CleanMYPC which does more or less what it says,

I would suggest that before running the CleanMYPC program that you back up your hard drive to an external drive so the if there is a problem you can reload all your data.

For years I never bothered backing up my hard drive and a couple of years ago my desktop hard drive crashed and I lost years of work, some of which was salvaged but about 60% was lost forever. 

Now every Friday morning I delete the folders on the external HD and download the last weeks work. This way the maximum I lose is only a weeks worth and not years of it.

Core-Temp-setup 29 March 2018.exe

CleanMyPC 24 April 2018.exe

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, billd766 said:

It is about 4 or 5 minutes for me.

In one way it is a good thing as it gets me out of my chair and exercise by walking up and down the stairs or wander off to the kitchen to make a coffee or something.

So for me the crap service does have a silver lining (though slightly tarnished).

Since today it has been up to 10 minutes on the hour and the half hour, and I noticed in your last post that today you only logged in after 9pm, I assume that were out all day buying new pants as you must have lost a lot of weight already by now. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Tonight I logged in at 21:37 and it is usable at the moment.

I use Google Chrome and I have done for quite a while now.

I Have never tried Opera but I was a Firefox user for years but it got too clunky so I moved over.

I don't think your problem is user related to TVF but you may find that clearing all the cookies may help. If you are using a laptop or a desktop perhaps it is running a little hot and may need the fans and filters cleaning.  

I found a little (free) program a while ago called core temperature which is quite interesting and tells you the temperature of some of the processors a,d another called CleanMYPC which does more or less what it says,

I would suggest that before running the CleanMYPC program that you back up your hard drive to an external drive so the if there is a problem you can reload all your data.

For years I never bothered backing up my hard drive and a couple of years ago my desktop hard drive crashed and I lost years of work, some of which was salvaged but about 60% was lost forever. 

Now every Friday morning I delete the folders on the external HD and download the last weeks work. This way the maximum I lose is only a weeks worth and not years of it.

Core-Temp-setup 29 March 2018.exe

CleanMyPC 24 April 2018.exe

Thanks for the detailed response billd, much appreciated.

Think I had the "bat" virus as other things happening as well and did eventually discover it after running "Hitman" app, even then had to reset my Windows 10 so wiped files etc and was able to reinstall from a backup, but had to get a mate round to help as it became a little complicated.

Also switched back to Chrome as am more comfortable with that..........and now my pc is fixed, only need this site to be fixed and all should be well!!

Thanks again.

• Like 1