Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

The way expertise is charged to fault find,  better off trashing the site.  Start from fresh.  Install new forum script and away you go.

Nothing is repaired anymore.  Your phone breaks.  Throw it in the bin. Buy another.

If I had the time and drive, I'd setup a free hosted site and make a new forum but instead I'll leave it up to someone else.  Haha like most things that don't get done. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Unexplained slowness.

Is it possible that the Junta is downloading everything ready to pounce, and send many of the posters to the monkey?

Was surfing Thai Visa a few days ago when my laptop completely froze. Tried restarting but wouldn't restart. Just got a fatal error message. After a number of attempts, I had to reinstall Windows 10. 

After a couple of days of getting everything back to as was and making a couple of setting changes, TV is now running better than it has for a while. Not perfect, had a "502" this morning, but better.

One thing I noticed was that I accessed TV from IE after the install and it was really slow and glitchy. Had the same problem when I first joined a few months ago and switched to accessing it via Microsoft Edge which gave me a near perfect TV at the time (pages always were and probably always will be a bit slow to load). Did this again and had a noticeable improvement again.

When my laptop crashed, it made me wonder if the whole issue is the result of some sort of virus infecting the site. Surely not...…..

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

When my laptop crashed, it made me wonder if the whole issue is the result of some sort of virus infecting the site. Surely not..

The problem is a 'packeting' problem. The data gets sent to the servers and is broken up into packets (sections). The 'packets' then have to be put together and be sent out to all the individual devices. They are simply not reconnecting as they should be.

Easy to sort out but I've no work-permit. In fact, just giving advice is dodgy here.

Who will look after my cats, my daughter, my koi carp when I'm behind bars or having AA (attitude adjustment)?

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The problem is a 'packeting' problem. The data gets sent to the servers and is broken up into packets (sections). The 'packets' then have to be put together and be sent out to all the individual devices. They are simply not reconnecting as they should be.

Easy to sort out but I've no work-permit

Used to work on packet switching systems with BT. If there was a problem with the packet switching it was invariably a hardware problem. Simplicity itself just to swap the relevant card.

If you don't have a work permit, just do it at night, Immigration work 9-5. 555

37 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Easy to sort out but I've no work-permit. In fact, just giving advice is dodgy here.

Who will look after my cats, my daughter, my koi carp when I'm behind bars or having AA (attitude adjustment)?

That's easy for you to say when your motto is Rough Engineering Made Easy. Merry Xmas from a VMC. Arte et Marte.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the forum is still extremely slow at :02 minutes and :32 minutes after the hour. lasts for about four minutes I think. 

you can set your watch by it.

and then you can post VERY FAST after these periods. 

That is what I am getting now. 

My problem is is that I reply to a post, click submit now, then look at the time.

Stupid boy Pike.

I've never seen these type of problems on other high traffic forums

I think they use vBulletin or similar but I'm not a web designer so I don't know if that would fix this....

Or maybe turn off all the ads for a day and see if the forum becomes more usable..... But i guess that suggestion would be unpopular with the owner ????

That pulldown advertising tab thing on the top centre  is the most annoying by far imo 

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am experiencing problems with notifications

I click on the bell icon to see notifications  and/or respond to quotes, and the progress wheel spins and spins until I give up and move on. 

And that probably happens at 02-07 and 32-38 past the hour. A sad but known issue within the current problem.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:33 PM, Vacuum said:

Probably against the rules, so I can't tell you. I'll send you  a PM though (which acually isn't private).

I'd still like that PM, but who knows, maybe you sent it and that doesn't work either?

On 12/20/2018 at 3:53 AM, stud858 said:

If I had the time and drive, I'd setup a free hosted site and make a new forum but instead I'll leave it up to someone else.  

With all the digital nomads out there it is distinctly in the realm of possibility that someone with the time and drive is thinking (or acting on) the same thing.

That's how competition works.

If Thaivisa continues to allow its brand's reputation to slide, it risks its future.

I'm a fan of this forum, but gotta wonder what the commitment level is to fix these issues, going into week 7 of trouble.

If this forum were my investment, at this point I would be building the new site to replace this buggy one asap. 

3 hours ago, doctormann said:

The quick navigation link is still missing.

This was a useful facility - will we ever get it back I wonder?

A minor problem compared to the other problems that the site seems to be having but irritating nonetheless.

Same thing with the post #numbers.

Archived