Denmark Embassy Has Stopped Doing Pension Letters

17 minutes ago, DrDweeb said:

What is "seasoning time", specifically. Is there some stipulated length of time that money needs to stay in Thailand before it is good for a visa?

It’s the time your money must be in your bank prior to applying for an extension of stay. That can be 60 days or 3 months for a retirement extension, or 2 months for a family extension.

24 minutes ago, DrDweeb said:

What is "seasoning time", specifically. Is there some stipulated length of time that money needs to stay in Thailand before it is good for a visa?

Yes there is

3 months as far as I remember

not only in Thailand but in a Thai bank account in your name only

On 11/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, carstenp said:

The only way is traveling back to Denmark and apply for a Non 0 Multiple working for 15 months

IMHO this is the easiest way by far. I am coming up to another O-A shortly, it will be interesting to see if the documentation required in the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen has changed

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Do you speak and read swedish???? otherwise it will be tricky.. But here is the link... and scroll down....

https://www.facebook.com/SwedeninBangkok/

glegolo

Yes, I can read swedish.

But the swedish embassy writes on it's Facebook page, that:

" det är samma regler som gäller sedan tidigare"

google translate:" The same rules apply as before"

And that is simply not correct, they have changed the rules!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrDweeb said:

IMHO this is the easiest way by far. I am coming up to another O-A shortly, it will be interesting to see if the documentation required in the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen has changed

According to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the OA visa is available within Thailand - this contradicts everything I have ever heard, but have a look on their website, particularly part 3 (Channels to submit application) - http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

9 minutes ago, North said:

Yes, I can read swedish.

I have to correct you, YOU do not understand swedish a bit... You took one sentence in a chapter and translated that one.

Here is the full transcript:

Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok Hej Per-Erik, det är samma regler som gäller sedan tidigare. Både pension samt annan inkomst accepteras.

English;

Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok; Hi Per-Erik, it is the very same rules as before. Both pension and other income is being accepted into the income-letter.........

So Sherlock, you did bite the dust my friend...

glegolo

5 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

According to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the OA visa is available within Thailand - this contradicts everything I have ever heard, but have a look on their website, particularly part 3 (Channels to submit application) - http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

Forget it, just forget it. why? Wait for Joes answer..

glegolo

12 minutes ago, North said:

Yes, I can read swedish.

Basically that how the US and AU embassies were responding to it's citizens questions up until the embassies reversed course overnight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

It is quoted widely that it’s available in Thailand, but it’s not and never has been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

I have to correct you, YOU do not understand swedish a bit... You took one sentence in a chapter and translated that one.

Here is the full transcript:

Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok Hej Per-Erik, det är samma regler som gäller sedan tidigare. Både pension samt annan inkomst accepteras.

English;

Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok; Hi Per-Erik, it is the very same rules as before. Both pension and other income is being accepted into the income-letter.........

So Sherlock, you did bite the dust my friend...

glegolo

No, you are wrong !

I am perfectly capable of reading swedish, and I received an E-mail from Pär Kågeby, vice konsul at the swedish embassy, sent to me last month, stating the embassy have changed the rules, and therefore they can no longer issue this income letter for me, as they have done for the last 3 years, the last time I got that letter was in February 2018 !

So you stand to be corrected......

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

This is quite normal practice in many countries.

I have never understood this mantra promoted on TVF that visas are scratches in passports done outside of Thailand,

it is quite simply not correct.

In my passports, I have 3 visas done in Thailand, 1 by immigration and 2 by MFA

and

I have 1 US visa done by DoS in Washinton DC

I have 1 for Egypt done in Cairo

I have 1 for Lebanon done in Beirut

I have 1 for Russia done in Moscow

15 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

That is incorrect info that is has been on that site and many embassy and consulate websites for many years. You can only apply for a extension of stay at immigration here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, North said:

No, you are wrong !

I am perfectly capable of reading swedish, and I received an E-mail from Pär Kågeby, vice konsul at the swedish embassy, sent to me last month, stating the embassy have changed the rules, and therefore they can no longer issue this income letter for me, as they have done for the last 3 years, the last time I got that letter was in February 2018 !

So you stand to be corrected......

I really do not understand where you get your stuff from. I have several friends who regularly goes to the embassy and get their letters, and do it each and every month up until two days ago.... . Plus now they wrote in clear writing just to stop that bullshit some people trying to spread. 

I quoted your first misunderstanding from the facebookpage, and you can comment that if you like, to show how wrong I am..... What was wrong with what I wrote??

Finally tell the rest of us WHY the embassy do not want to issue a letter to YOU????? What is the reason for that.. What is so special about you????

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

This is quite normal practice in many countries.

I have never understood this mantra promoted on TVF that visas are scratches in passports done outside of Thailand,

it is quite simply not correct.

In my passports, I have 3 visas done in Thailand, 1 by immigration and 2 by MFA

and

I have 1 US visa done by DoS in Washinton DC

I have 1 for Egypt done in Cairo

I have 1 for Lebanon done in Beirut

I have 1 for Russia done in Moscow

As I understand it you can only get VISA inside Thailand if you are on a conversation to extension of stay....

glegolo

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I really do not understand where you get your stuff from. I have several friends who regularly goes to the embassy and get their letters, and do it each and every month up until two days ago.... . Plus now they wrote in clear writing just to stop that bullshit some people trying to spread. 

I quoted your first misunderstanding from the facebookpage, and you can comment that if you like, to show how wrong I am..... What was wrong with what I wrote??

glegolo

I am beginning to think, that you are right,  ....   about that you "really do not understand......"

I am not sure, you are able to comprehend, what I was writing, so maybe it is pointless to try to explain....

I know, what Pär Kågeby wrote to me, and that contradicts the statement on the swedish embassy Facebook page.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, North said:

I am beginning to think, that you are right,  ....   about that you "really do not understand......"

I am not sure, you are able to comprehend, what I was writing, so maybe it is pointless to try to explain....

I know, what Pär Kågeby wrote to me, and that contradicts the statement on the swedish embassy Facebook page.

Instead of being nasty when trying to save your face. tell all of us why the embassy stopped issuing your income-letter?? Maybe we can get a better understanding..

And that part of understanding....... I am swedish I speak, write, and read swedish, and I understand swedish..

Finally as I said originally, my swedish embassy will continue to issue these income-letters, and the rules concerning different income is still unchanged..... mean ing ALL income is valid....

glegolo

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, glegolo said:

As I understand it you can only get VISA inside Thailand if you are on a conversation to extension of stay....

glegolo

Well I know that is incorrect, as you can enter Thailand with just a 30 day stamp, and then have that converted to a non immigrant O visa, as I have done it myself. Extensions of stay are not visas though.

51 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

what you say covers 1 of my 3 visas done in Thailand, that visa was done by immigration

10 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Instead of being nasty when trying to save your face. tell all of us why the embassy stopped issuing your income-letter?? Maybe we can get a better understanding..

And that part of understanding....... I am swedish I speak, write, and read swedish, and I understand swedish..

Finally as I said originally, my swedish embassy will continue to issue these income-letters, and the rules concerning different income is still unchanged..... mean ing ALL income is valid....

glegolo

Ha Ha, you are quite funny !

I am not trying to save face, I will leave that to you!

You were the one who started being "nasty"

Remember: " YOU do not understand swedish a bit"

And:" So Sherlock, you did bite the dust my friend"

I am a swedish citizen, and as such I have used the swedish embassy for the last 3 years to verify my pension income from abroad, namely from Denmark, and they will not do that any more.

So I am right, the swedish embassy has changed their rules.

Hence your last words are not correct!  "mean ing ALL income is valid...."

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:
1 hour ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

Well I know that is incorrect, as you can enter Thailand with just a 30 day stamp, and then have that converted to a non immigrant O visa, as I have done it myself. Extensions of stay are not visas though.

You don’t convert anything. You apply for a visa as a prerequisite to an extension of stay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You don’t convert anything. You apply for a visa as a prerequisite to an extension of stay.

Not always. I'll try to spare you chapter and verse, but basically I got a non O ME visa on the basis of marriage from the Thai Embassy in London, however I didn't notice until I returned to Thailand that they had mistakenly printed on it 'Employment Prohibited' - this was a problem as I already had a work permit, and it was due for renewal a couple of weeks after I got back. On advice from my accountant/lawyer, I had to travel out of Thailand (I went to Myanmar via Ranong), get my newly obtained visa cancelled as I left, and then come back in on a 30 day stamp. I then had to go to my local immigration office and ask them to convert that stamp to a single entry non O visa (marriage), and subsequently I could then make my work permit renewal. A lot of people don't realise that you can work while being here on the non O marriage, and think you need a non B.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

That step (going from a 30 day stamp or tourist visa to a 90 day O visa) has been referred to as a CONVERSION for several years. That being the first step of the two step process with the second step being application for retirement extension. I haven't done that step here myself but I was under the impression that even the form for that was labeled conversion. Of course I could be wrong but as this has been the conventional language used on this forum for so long, I think we need clarification from Senor Guru. 

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

Not always. I'll try to spare you chapter and verse, but basically I got a non O ME visa on the basis of marriage from the Thai Embassy in London, however I didn't notice until I returned to Thailand that they had mistakenly printed on it 'Employment Prohibited' - this was a problem as I already had a work permit, and it was due for renewal a couple of weeks after I got back. On advice from my accountant/lawyer, I had to travel out of Thailand (I went to Myanmar via Ranong), get my newly obtained visa cancelled as I left, and then come back in on a 30 day stamp. I then had to go to my local immigration office and ask them to convert that stamp to a single entry non O visa (marriage), and subsequently I could then make my work permit renewal. A lot of people don't realise that you can work while being here on the non O marriage, and think you need a non B.

Your accountant/lawyer gave you bad advice. “Employment Prohibited” is not a problem. You could have gone to the MFA and had the error corrected, or the chances are the labour office would’ve accepted it anyway.

When you entered under visa exemption you didn’t convert anything, You applied for a new visa and once the visa was issued received permission to stay for 90 days.

You can apply for a work permit on a Non ‘O’ if the spouse or parent of a Thai.

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That step (going from a 30 day stamp or tourist visa to a 90 day O visa) has been referred to as a CONVERSION for several years. That being the first step of the two step process with the second step being application for retirement extension. I haven't done that step here myself but I was under the impression that even the form for that was labeled conversion. Of course I could be wrong but as this has been the conventional language used on this forum for so long, I think we need clarification from Senor Guru. 

If you enter under visa exemption you apply for a visa. No conversion.

If you enter with a visa you apply to change your visa. You’re applying for a new visa and the visa used for entry is, if necessary, cancelled.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Peterw42 said:

What makes you think the Embassy would have access to the ATO or centerlink data. The embassy is a representation of the Australian government in Thailand, they are not a branch of the ATO or centerlink. I cant lodge my tax return or enquire about my pension at the Embassy. A bit of a strange assumption that the embassy has a computer in the corner with full access to all government and citizen data.

What planet are you on this is the 21st century the world has had computers for 60 years

8 hours ago, North said:

Ha Ha, you are quite funny !

I am not trying to save face, I will leave that to you!

You were the one who started being "nasty"

Remember: " YOU do not understand swedish a bit"

And:" So Sherlock, you did bite the dust my friend"

I am a swedish citizen, and as such I have used the swedish embassy for the last 3 years to verify my pension income from abroad, namely from Denmark, and they will not do that any more.

So I am right, the swedish embassy has changed their rules.

Hence your last words are not correct!  "mean ing ALL income is valid...."

All income earned in Sweden is valid, your income from a foreign country was processed (included) because the embassy was just being nice to you.

The sentence that you didn´t understand and misinterpated was saying that the rules has NOT changed these income letters still includes all different income made in Sweden.. And it was an answer to a question in that subject made by a fellow swedish man in Facebook.....

You got it now????????????? No change in the rules.....  easy peasey..

glegolo

• Like 1

Your accountant/lawyer gave you bad advice. “Employment Prohibited” is not a problem. You could have gone to the MFA and had the error corrected, or the chances are the labour office would’ve accepted it anyway.

When you entered under visa exemption you didn’t convert anything, You applied for a new visa and once the visa was issued received permission to stay for 90 days.

You can apply for a work permit on a Non ‘O’ if the spouse or parent of a Thai.

Given that immigration also confirmed, nay insisted, that it is what I had to do, I believe you are completely wrong. It wasn’t an issue as such for them, but the Labour Department, who would, without question have refused to renew my WP. I actually contacted the Thai Embassy before I did anything, and they basically said ‘tough luck now go away’.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app