Visa trip to Savannakhet, best way to travel?

I'm planning my first visa trip to Savannaketh from south thailand.

I dont want to go trough immigration @ Don mueang airport, so I have to arrive on a thai airport first.

I see the airports in TH that's near Savannakhet is Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhom or Udon Ratchathani.

What would be the best choise of airport? And how do I travel from there to Savannakhet? Any travel agency's or something that sells the trip to Savannaketh? And is there any place near the consulate for passport copys etc.? Anybody have a link to the visa application form?? They sell only multi non O there right? So I dont get a single entry one... And do I apply for the visa to Laos @ the Laos border? Are there any application form I can download for the Laos visa? I'd like to speed things up as much as I can here...

Never been in Laos before so -

Thank you all nice people for the great advice in this forum, you rock!

Check Nok Air for flights to Mukdahan. They have a fly/ride service to there via the 3 airports you mentioned.

Same for Air Asia via Nakhon Phanom.

There is a shop across from the consulate that does copies. Form: Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

You can apply for a single entry or a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

You get a visa on arrival for Laos. Info, form and fees are here: https://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa-on-arrival.html

• Like 1

I fly to Khon Kaen,

Airport bus to bus station 3 (20bht, leaves every 60 mins)

Mad van from bus station 3 to Mukdahan bus station (240bht, leaves every 30 minutes)

Bus from Mukdahan bus station to Savannakhet bus station, stops and collects at every immigration point (50bht, leaves every 60 minutes)

Download and fill in the Laos visa form in advance, take $35 USD.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

ANd you have to go through Immigration at the first airport you arrive at in Thailand, that's the rules, no way to avoid it.

Why is that relevant since flying directly to Savannakhet has not been mentioned.