SURVEY: Should Myanmar be forced to take back Rohingya?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Myanmar be forced to take back Rohingya?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, White Christmas13 said:

You are right nothing but racist expats on TVF 

The question posed is essentially meaningless. With all due respect, these polls are almost always pointless and attract witless comments as you have mentioned. I would drop them altogether.

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

If you're going to make claims at least try for a degree of accuracy. As an example in the Central African Republic Christian militants have forced out or massacred much of the Muslim population (claimed equivalence to the Bosnian genocide). Kenya is mostly an ethnic conflict, but with radical Islamist attacks by Al Shabab out of Somalia. Nigeria Islamist violence is committed by Boko Haram, who also have a presence in some bordering countries, primarily in the Northern Muslim half of Nigeria. who as per usual also kill other Muslims who don't adhere to their Salafi ideology. It is claimed the Nigerian government, which is extremely corrupt, are not helping with resolution of the conflict by abusing & killing Muslim civilians; a deep mistake with counter- terrorism operations replicated elsewhere in the world.

Which is what I said

The most important question is, have the Burmese done anything to make conditions better, or safer for these people, to return, and should they be forced to return. When asked to choose between exile, or genocide, rape, and murder of your family, one would usually choose exile. 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:40 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Should Myanmar be forced to take back Rohingya?"

Perhaps a better question is should the Rohingya be forced to return to Burma?

If I were a Rohingya, I doubt that I would be willing to return to Burma; the evidence seems pretty clear that the Burmese authorities/military were responsible for driving them out.

Let me offer a fifth option; Burma, as a penalty for driving them out, must pay for their resettlement elsewhere. My suggestion is that the costs be taken out of the Burmese military budget...

Why would Myanmar want them back. They would just start doing what they were doing before in the Shan States.  Robbing, burning non muslim villages, raping and killing. All the usual things that muslims do when they have control and power. But unfortunately for them and fortunately for the Bhuddist, Chinese, Hindu and other peaceful religion's villages, the Myanmar Army turned on them and have dealt them what they deserve. No return for those killers, they are now self- imposed refugees and good riddance.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:33 AM, simple1 said:

Please advise the false 'sob stories' you're referring too. The problem for the Rohingya is they have been denied basic human rights, citizenship and so on for decades, even though they were a recognised ethnic group at time of Independence. Yes, in recent time there was a small Rohingya group who killed some Myanmar forces, but that action does not excuse forced removal of 700,000 people, murder of thousands of civilians, destruction of their homes and rape as a tool of war.

I find it interesting none of the usual posters never mention the decades long armed rebellion by other non Muslim ethnic groups in Myanmar, including Christians, with the Myanmar government forces response of murdering civilians and rape as a tool of war. plus very rarely being mentioned in the international press. Ever wondered why?

Best place for you is Noosaville, you have no idea of what the Rohingya have been doing for years now. As usual with muslims who have power and control, they have been raiding, killing,burning, robbing  non muslim villages and raping. Not only Buddhist, but Hindu, Chinese and any other peaceful religion's villages. For over 68 years now the Myanmar Army have been at war with the Mon tribes who have their own army, however they now have a ceasefire and the Myanmar Army are dealing with the Rohingya at long last. Giving them what they deserve and the first thing they do is play the Victim card, and ignorant people like you swallow it hook line and sinker.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:54 PM, Kiwiken said:

Of course you ignore the fact that the Rohingya armed by the British in WW2 to fight the Japanese instead carried out wide spread massacres of Burmese in the Arrakan. But I guess to you that was old history. Much as the fact that the majority of the Bengalis were imported by the British Raj especially in the period 1900 - 1930's. They do not belong there. It is not their Land and they are a foreign blight on the Burmese. Bangladesh is there ancestral home

Well said Ken, you appear to have some knowledge as opposed to some here

On 11/19/2018 at 9:54 PM, Kiwiken said:

Of course you ignore the fact that the Rohingya armed by the British in WW2 to fight the Japanese instead carried out wide spread massacres of Burmese in the Arrakan. But I guess to you that was old history. Much as the fact that the majority of the Bengalis were imported by the British Raj especially in the period 1900 - 1930's. They do not belong there. It is not their Land and they are a foreign blight on the Burmese. Bangladesh is there ancestral home

Well said Ken, you appear to have some knowledge as opposed to that guy from Noosaville, who is just a little out of touch with the facts. I have spent a lot of time up near the  3 Pagoda Pass border area with the Mon people at Sangklaburi. I have many friends up there including some very old gentlemen ex Mon Army who started in the war as teenagers. They all know of the Rohyinga and their terrible ways.

30 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Well said Ken, you appear to have some knowledge as opposed to some here

Well said Ken, you appear to have some knowledge as opposed to that guy from Noosaville, who is just a little out of touch with the facts. I have spent a lot of time up near the  3 Pagoda Pass border area with the Mon people at Sangklaburi. I have many friends up there including some very old gentlemen ex Mon Army who started in the war as teenagers. They all know of the Rohyinga and their terrible ways.

Sounds to me that you are suffering from a serious case of "Stockholm Syndrome".

You can get help for that, Patti Hearst is right as rain now.

14 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Best place for you is Noosaville, you have no idea of what the Rohingya have been doing for years now. As usual with muslims who have power and control, they have been raiding, killing,burning, robbing  non muslim villages and raping. Not only Buddhist, but Hindu, Chinese and any other peaceful religion's villages. For over 68 years now the Myanmar Army have been at war with the Mon tribes who have their own army, however they now have a ceasefire and the Myanmar Army are dealing with the Rohingya at long last. Giving them what they deserve and the first thing they do is play the Victim card, and ignorant people like you swallow it hook line and sinker.

You have certainly fallen for the excessive hyperbole of the extreme Buddhist nationalist propaganda. Many members who are Muslim haters categorically state Muslims should fight for their rights, if not they are cowards; when they do fight back, even in the limited capacity of the Rohingya they are vilified in the exact same manner as your post. The oppression, mass murder of civilians, rape as a tool of war, ethnic cleansing, no freedom of movement etc etc etc imposed for decades by the Myanmar government far exceeds any cruelties / negative outcomes of resistance by the Rohingya.

BTW I would think the drug trafficking by the Mon people causes massive harm to the people of Thailand and elsewhere, more than likely a great deal more harm than caused by the Rohingya.