More foreign visitors reported after free Thailand visa scheme

webfact

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Why do you think Thailand is focussing just on the Chinese mass market?

very interesting article and commrnts  but as always where is the real or fake news and sources and perceptions and perspectives? How do I meet or have I mrt Rooster? Others?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevew407 said:

very interesting article and commrnts  but as always where is the real or fake news and sources and perceptions and perspectives? How do I meet or have I mrt Rooster? Others?

What is very real is that there are more tourists in the North this month than last month, I know this to be fact because I live near a major road which I use daily that carries traffic from Chiang Mai to a series of nearby tourist destinations as well as being a prime arterial route to other tourist destinations to the North of me. As for Rooster: if you want a date, PM him, you never know.

• Like 1

Wow that was quickly.
What a load of nonsense.

And before people flying in from the US with Thai Airways there are tons of other, cheaper alternatives.
Waiting for Air Asia to fly to US mainland after they have the permission for Honululu already. There are rumours since some time ago that they are planning that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Why do you think Thailand is focussing just on the Chinese mass market?

Fair enough, ‘‘twas poorly worded, however, Chinese mass market is clearly a major focus area.

Tourist numbers grew steadily from around 11m in 2002 to 16m in 2010. From 2010 to 2017 they grew to 35m. Over the same time frame Chinese visitors have grown from less than 1m to 10m.

Of the 20 countries given Visa fee waivers recently, only China and to a much lesser extent India (1m visitors per annum) were of any significance to the tourist market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

TAT is in sheer ''panic mode''.....

Somehow I doubt that. Would I like to see the Thai bht crash??? Yes prolly the same who have pensions from abroad and have been losing big for the last 6 years. However, I really fail to believe that the tourist industry in Thailand will ever suffer, no matter how much many would like it to.

• Like 1