Poll shows almost half feel they are not better off after 4 years under junta

webfact

Poll shows almost half feel they are not better off after 4 years under junta

Eng-2.png

Almost half of the respondents to an opinion poll admitted that the Prayut government’s “Return the Happiness to the People” policy has not made them happier as there have not been any changes for the better for their livelihood after four years and six months since the military take-over. office.

The Nida Poll of the National Institute of Development Administration gauged the opinions of 1,250 people of different levels of education and occupations across the country during November 12-13 on the topic “4 years and 6 months of the NCPO and To Return the Happiness to the People” policy.

According to the poll, 47.68 percent of the respondents said they felt they were as happy as they used to be they didn’t see anything changes for the better to their livelihood, saying that the economic situation remains unchanged but the cost of living is still high.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/poll-shows-almost-half-feel-they-are-not-better-off-after-4-years-under-junta/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-11-19

1 hour ago, chainarong said:

From the feed back from Thai's I've met,  they don't like the Junta,  everyone I spoke to hated them and the more North you went the hate got stronger.

How strange, I get the same comments about the Shin clan and their puppet parties. No one likes them either but the more North you go they more intimidated they feel.

And that's the sad part. Thais know what both lot are, but don't feel they can do anything to change it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

How strange, I get the same comments about the Shin clan and their puppet parties. No one likes them either but the more North you go they more intimidated they feel.

And that's the sad part. Thais know what both lot are, but don't feel they can do anything to change it.

depends who you talk to I suppose

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Nonsense. There's no evidence at all of intimidation to vote for PTP or its equivalent.There may I agree be some social pressure as there is elsewhere in the country to think in the way one's community as a whole is leaning politically. But that would also be the case in Tunbridge Wells or Glasgow. Thailand has thank goodness secret ballots and voters can vote anyway they like.

But you are trying to conflate the general revulsion towards the Junta with the support of one of the most popular democratic based parties. You only betray your own prejudice. Maybe we should just let the Thai people decide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Eric, less than half felt they were not better off. You do realize less than half isn't the majority don't you?

Hate to rain on your parade, but any poll worth it's salt would have had at least 3 opinions to vote for:

1. Better off

2. Worse off.

3. The same as before.

Might not have been the majority but was probably the strongest vote. The report would likely not have written had that choice been the lowest polling.

Edited by HalfLight

7 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Nonsense. There's no evidence at all of intimidation to vote for PTP or its equivalent.There may I agree be some social pressure as there is elsewhere in the country to think in the way one's community as a whole is leaning politically. But that would also be the case in Tunbridge Wells or Glasgow. Thailand has thank goodness secret ballots and voters can vote anyway they like.

But you are trying to conflate the general revulsion towards the Junta with the support of one of the most popular democratic based parties. You only betray your own prejudice. Maybe we should just let the Thai people decide.

No, he's trying to project his own prejudices onto Thais so he can read them back and feel all warm and fuzzy inside despite having what are now unfashionable opinions in these forums. Normal psychology.

Again.

Edited by HalfLight

6 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

No, he's trying to project his own prejudices onto Thais so he can read them back and feel all warm and fuzzy inside despite having what are now unfashionable opinions in these forums. Normal psychology.

Again.

Quite fashionable is it to believe the Shin fans nonsense that they Shin owned parties are actually real political parties wanting democratic reform and not some family owned vehicle aimed at furthering their own clan dynastic ambitions?

But hey, you believe your own fantasies if it pleases you. Like thinking your own opinions must be fashionable.

13 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but any poll worth it's salt would have had at least 3 opinions to vote for:

1. Better off

2. Worse off.

3. The same as before.

Might not have been the majority but was probably the strongest vote. The report would likely not have written had that choice been the lowest polling.

Do you know if it was the strongest vote; or what the choices were and the percentages?

But it suits your agenda to say is was probably the strongest of course. 

Jayboy makes an observation about the veracity of NIDA polls.

Maybe it's not better than a couple of years ago. But imagine how bad it would be if the Shinawatras would have looted the country 4 years longer. And if their red army would have terrorized us like they did when the Shinawatras were in charge.

I don't think Prayut is good, but he is a lot better than Thaksin, his little sister and their red mob.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you know if it was the strongest vote; or what the choices were and the percentages?

But it suits your agenda to say is was probably the strongest of course. 

Jayboy makes an observation about the veracity of NIDA polls.

No I don't know, but the fact it was the vote quoted makes it likely. As I said.

NIDA polls are rubbish and always have been. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Quite fashionable is it to believe the Shin fans nonsense that they Shin owned parties are actually real political parties wanting democratic reform and not some family owned vehicle aimed at furthering their own clan dynastic ambitions?

But hey, you believe your own fantasies if it pleases you. Like thinking your own opinions must be fashionable.

I will, thanks.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe it's not better than a couple of years ago. But imagine how bad it would be if the Shinawatras would have looted the country 4 years longer. And if their red army would have terrorized us like they did when the Shinawatras were in charge.

I don't think Prayut is good, but he is a lot better than Thaksin, his little sister and their red mob.

Conjecture isn't fake news but it's still just conjecture, so it's just as good.

22 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Which part of Thailand do you live in?

There is tremendous pressure put on people via the local Pu Yai's and administrations who are incentivized to deliver block village / area votes. People are paid a small amount, transported to and from voting centers, told their village / area will only get money spent on it if they all vote for X. The peer pressure is enormous and no one wants to criticize or speak out of turn.

Of course all parties do it - which is why there are so many regional parties in the hands of local "barons" and their families. Plays on the old feudal loyalties.

This happens less in the big cities and as younger people are becoming better educated, more challenging and fed up with the old crony, corrupt, inefficient, system. So there is some hope, but long way off.

If you doubt that, climb out of your ivory tower, and get yourself out and about. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Only Monday and early afternoon and you starting to imagine. I am worry for you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

No I don't know, but the fact it was the vote quoted makes it likely. As I said.

NIDA polls are rubbish and always have been. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Correct. But some people like to pretend the poll results that support their own views must be right whereas one's that don't must be wrong.

The simlie with a broken clock holds no logic.