Pattaya Loy Krathong washout! Residents float their boats in floodwaters!

webfact

Pattaya Loy Krathong washout! Residents float their boats in floodwaters!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that celebrations marking Loy Krathong in Pattaya were a washout after heavy and prolonged rains lashed the resort. 

Instead of trying to force their way through floodwaters people lit the incense on their Krathoings and floated away their troubles in front of houses and in the street. 

Pictures appeared on the "Kin Thiaw Pattaya" site as people commented that this was the first time in 10 years that rain was experienced on Loy Krathong Day. 

Though entwined with ideas about water the festival usually comes at a time when the sky is clear and the weather has started to cool following the monsoon season. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-23

The weather cleared up nicely and after a delicious dinner at a favorite restaurant with about a dozen friends we all walked down to Dongtan Beach, which is looking great.  We floated our kratongs and my partner and I sent our lighted lantern into the sky, to join all the others floating towards the full moon.  Lovely, fun evening on my favorite Pattaya beach.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kotsak said:

World class family friendly resort city.. ????

It is world class resort, but maybe not for a family.

You feel left out, can't live here, not even allowed a weekend getaway? 

Well, brother, let it all out! You'll feel better! Pattaya is so very bad!! 

23 hours ago, edwinchester said:

It rains in Pattaya.

It floods in Pattaya.

Float krathongs in the Pattayas flood water.

Drains get even more blocked in Pattaya.

It rains in Pattaya.

It floods in Pattaya......and repeat.

those at the top of Pattaya city hall are supposed to be sorting FLOODING problems out !!!

15 hours ago, newnative said:

The weather cleared up nicely and after a delicious dinner at a favorite restaurant with about a dozen friends we all walked down to Dongtan Beach, which is looking great.  We floated our kratongs and my partner and I sent our lighted lantern into the sky, to join all the others floating towards the full moon.  Lovely, fun evening on my favorite Pattaya beach.  

In another words you enjoyed throwing more rubbish into Pattaya's water to pollute it even more and fly a lantern into the sky that will fall back down to earth back into the sea. Well done you've officially become another Thai person who enjoys throwing rubbish into the sea lol

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

In another words you enjoyed throwing more rubbish into Pattaya's water to pollute it even more and fly a lantern into the sky that will fall back down to earth back into the sea. Well done you've officially become another Thai person who enjoys throwing rubbish into the sea lol

Gee, you're no fun.

• Like 1