Japanese tourist in hospital after being hit by tour bus on Beach Road Pattaya

webfact

Japanese tourist in hospital after being hit by tour bus on Beach Road Pattaya

10pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya News reported that a Japanese tourist was taken to Memorial Hospital after he fell under the wheels of a tour bus while crossing the road in Central Pattaya on Wednesday night. 

The accident happened by the end of Soi 13/1 around 11.30pm. 

The victim, aged about 40-50, suffered head trauma.

The bus belongs to Sermyon Tour - a sticker on the rear described the service as "Expert Bus".

Driver Phaisan Saengsai, 52, said that he was on his way to Walking Street with a group of Chinese tourists. 

He said the pedestrian staggered and fell under his wheels. 

He stopped immediately and got down to investigate before calling the police and rescue services.

The Thai media reported that the tourist was lucky to escape death. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-23

On 11/23/2018 at 3:29 PM, keith101 said:

What no cctv in the area to show what happened or just not working ?

probably connected the same circuit breakers as the pedestrian lights!

and we know what happened to those!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

11:30pm - staggered and fell - had he been on the Saki?

People stagger and fall from tripping on uneven pavement, medical reasons, tripping on shoes laces, being pushed and and many other reasons.

People often make socio-ethnic related remarks due to ignorance, a lack of empathy, bias, crude thinking and many other reasons.

I find no humor in the pain, misery and misfortune of others.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, webfact said:

The accident happened by the end of Soi 13/1 around 11.30pm. 

I dont believe that it is possible to drive at speed at that time of night at that part of Beach Road. Traffic there is usually a crawl and it gets slower and slower as one gets towards the inevitable bottle-neck at the corner of WS and South Road.

So I doubt that speed had anything to do with it. I suspect that the pedestrian just slipped at the wrong place at the wrong time, or even walked into the road without looking in the correct direction. A bus going at any speed would have trouble avoiding someone who did that, as would any vehicle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I dont believe that it is possible to drive at speed at that time of night at that part of Beach Road. Traffic there is usually a crawl and it gets slower and slower as one gets towards the inevitable bottle-neck at the corner of WS and South Road.

So I doubt that speed had anything to do with it. I suspect that the pedestrian just slipped at the wrong place at the wrong time, or even walked into the road without looking in the correct direction. A bus going at any speed would have trouble avoiding someone who did that, as would any vehicle.

Quite so. This guy would be dead as a doornail if a coach was speeding. Maybe even some credit is due to the driver and his vehicle's brakes. He also called the emergency services and there is no report of him being under the influence of any drink or drugs.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Correct.  You need to keep your eyes open at all times. Unlucky for him but it was most likely avoidable.