Phuket Tourist Police warn of ‘cash on delivery’ scam

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Hank Gunn said:

I saw no mention of Lazada in this story.

To me it looks like a couple of Chinese with nefarious connections got their hands on a warehouse full of cheap goods (a good deal of which are probably counterfeit) and tried to liquidate them with this scam. Nothing to do with Lazada as far as I could tell.

They probably need to feed off the legitimacy of a real company to get people to accept the delivery and hand over the money.

Lazada is an obvious choice, but there are other companies who could be used. I named one in an earlier post. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last hour I had a delivery of 2 internet access points by Kerry and HP ink cartridges by Thai Post. Exactly as per tracking, indeed Thai Post 1 day earlier than initial date. I saved about 30% compared with Banana prices. 

Just waiting for 2 log LAN cables by Lazada Logistics. Driver on the way. Even give driver name. 

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

In the last hour I had a delivery of 2 internet access points by Kerry and HP ink cartridges by Thai Post. Exactly as per tracking, indeed Thai Post 1 day earlier than initial date. I saved about 30% compared with Banana prices. 

Just waiting for 2 log LAN cables by Lazada Logistics. Driver on the way. Even give driver name. 

I agree, Kerry & Lazada first class. Lazada always advise of order status. Kerry always phone & advise time of delivery. Well, that's here in Sakon Nakhon.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2018 at 2:59 PM, Russell17au said:

There is a good possibility that your problem with the phone and True Vision bills are not the Post Office at all but with True Vision itself. I had trouble with my bills being done through the post and not receiving them that I changed over to email bills and True Vision can't even send the bills by email after giving them my email address 5 times and spending an hour each time in their office to try and get things fixed I finally gave up and changed to AIS and I have not had a problem since. So it may not be the Post Office.

Just a continuance on this Russ. We have just had our True Vision bills delivered today for Oct. Nov. and December.

Archived