Where are you from ?

Thaiwrath

I read on the forum yesterday that 2 alleged Scousers (actually Woolybacks from the Wirral) were apprehended in Thailand for illegal acts carried out in their home country.

I noticed quite a few posters trying to ridicule Liverpool, and making many stereotypical, outdated jokes about Liverpool, although, why they try to ridicule the city actually baffles me ?

I was born and bred in Liverpool, lived there for 45 great years, and am proud to admit to being from there, and I don't make a habit of ridiculing anyone's birthplace. People are who they are.

A few fellow Scousers, and people from the Wirral, showed on their reply to the post that they were from there too, but I notice many were anonymous to where they came from, possibly to avoid the same type of ridicule comments they made about where these 2 felons allegedly came from ?

My point is, where are you from, and would you say you were proud or ashamed to admit it ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Dudley "Duudlaaay"  black country " certainly i am proud of it!

Plenty of jokes about it but dosnt  bother me one iota.

There people who make a joke at where  you come from .... just English Humour

... I heard a cracking one back home abut a guy who bought a jack Russell and call it Bradford however at the risk of being banned i will not elucidate further.

Just now, poohy said:

I am from Dudley "Duudlaaay"  black country " certainly i am proud of it!

Plenty of jokes about it but dosnt  bother me one iota.

There people who make a joke at where  you come from .... just English Humour

... I heard a cracking one back home abut a guy who bought a jack Russell and call it Bradford however at the risk of being banned i will not elucidate further.

Did it waggle it's head from side to side when it barked?

Just now, thaiguzzi said:

Born & bred Yorkshireman.

Grew up most of my growing years in Norfolk and abroad (RAF Dad).

Just tell people that you're from Norfolk. Nobody will know unless you are seriously Kee neow! 555

Just now, worgeordie said:

A Geordie and very proud of it,and why not .

regards Worgeordie

And why not indeed. Always been my favourite Englishmen, down to earth and call a spade a spade. Mind you, I've met some pretty decent Mackems, Monkey Hangers and Smoggies too. Must be the water in the North East.

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

West Yorkshire, I can't read, I can't write, but I can drive a tractor.

Now long gone i suppose, we had a truly nice  mountain of a bin man in Dudley who was the same, he could carry the old metal bins in one hand....... he also made up poems  but you never took the mickey out of him.

Plus he could drink anyone under the table! but still remained a gent

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Bognor Regis, West Sussex known locally as a cemetery with lights. I lived there for more than forty years and distinctly remember feeling no emotion at all the day I left for good. 

How did the poster at Victoria Railway Station go?

"Folkestone for the Continent,

Bognor for the incontinent!"

I'm from Somerset by the way - "Oi carnt read and Oi carnt roit, but Oi can droive a traactor!"

I come from an awesome little town in Western Australia. I miss it regularly but my wife won't leave Thailand and is scared of flying. 

People there can be a bit weird but that's part of the charm. There are a lot of artists and musicians living in the region.

Albany-ALB01f.jpg

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Go on...?????

My father was a Sand dancer, say no more. But his football team was Newcastle. When he met my mother they lived in West Yorkshire where he was always known as Geordie Bill, but when he called bingo at the local Working Mens Club eighty eight always became atetee ate.????

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

My father was a Sand dancer, say no more. But his football team was Newcastle. When he met my mother they lived in West Yorkshire where he was always known as Geordie Bill, but when he called bingo at the local Working Mens Club eighty eight always became atetee ate.????

4 minutes ago, akirasan said:

I come from an awesome little town in Western Australia. I miss it regularly but my wife won't leave Thailand and is scared of flying. 

People there can be a bit weird but that's part of the charm. There are a lot of artists and musicians living in the region.

Albany-ALB01f.jpg

That looks a bit like Jurien Bay...

29 minutes ago, JAG said:

How did the poster at Victoria Railway Station go?

"Folkestone for the Continent,

Bognor for the incontinent!"

I'm from Somerset by the way - "Oi carnt read and Oi carnt roit, but Oi can droive a traactor!"

Yes, but I'm Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, strong in t'arm and thick in t'ed.

Archived