Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

45 minutes ago, bomber said:

the agreement is to promote free trade,make of it what you want but they were never going to call it a FTA,  where was our lot while this was going on,oh yes in Chile protecting the future for their wine industry,couldnt make it up

Japan and Germany agree to promote free trade, rules-based order _ The Japan Times.html

They haven't signed any deal. They have agreed that they both want global cooperation essentially. It was a discussion. They were never going to call it a FTA because it is nothing like an FTA! 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As far as I am aware , The UK cannot sign any new trade deals until it has left the E.U.

Some E.U laws

........but they are signing so called continuity deals, e.g. with Chile and the Faroer Islands, agreeing to further apply the current EU FTA. Just to ensure that the UK can cintinue to import Chilean wine and fishery products from the Faroer free of tariffs............

Again, doesn’t look much like ‘taking back control’????????.

The UK and Chile have today signed a new trade continuity agreement.

This trade continuity agreement will see British businesses and consumers benefitting from preferential trading arrangements with Chile after we leave the European Union. 

Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Chile Jamie Bowden signed the UK-Chile agreement in Santiago today (Wednesday 30 January) with Chilean Foreign Minister Roberto Ampuero. 

The news has been welcomed by the Wine and Spirit Trade Association, which confirmed that this is important to protect parts of the UK’s wine industry, which contributes almost £19 billion to the UK economy supporting around 190,000 jobs.

More:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-chile-sign-continuity-agreement

Just now, sanemax said:

Yes, just because you are unaware of any deals in the pipeline , that doesnt mean that none exist .

Is Mrs May personally keeping you informed of the negotiations and how they are progressing ?

Or are you of the opinion that , if you dont know about something, then, it cannot exist ?

i think may has more important things to do if you hadnt noticed,i still believe no worthwhile deals have been agreed,again i ask you to show me different, 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

farage and bojo stood in front of the camera's and claimed 100s of times that countries would be thrilled to sign trade deals, are you saying they didnt make these claims

How do you know major countries won't want to sign trade deals with the UK after we have left the EU? 

I already stated earlier how Japan's PM wants to replicate the Japan/EU FTA with the UK, he and encouraged the UK to join the TPP. That's one example that you have conveniently ignored. 

11 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

You are right.

But you do not need to explain that to me. The problem and average negotiation period of 5-7 years for FTAs are known to me.

I think your answer is addressed to someone else.

Definitely not meant for you, sorry.....

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

iam waiting for you to show me the deals,iam saying there are none you have to prove me wrong,so come on lets see them for gods sake

I have  meeting with Mrs May and Mr Johnson and Mrs Mercker arranged for tomorrow night at 6 PM at 10 Downing street .

If you are able to attend , the right Hon Mrs May will inform you of the progress, although you must promise to keep them secret and not to tell anyone .

Please let me know of your availability for the meeting , seats need to be reserved . 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

How do you know major countries won't want to sign trade deals with the UK after we have left the EU? 

I already stated earlier how Japan's PM wants to replicate the Japan/EU FTA with the UK, he and encouraged the UK to join the TPP. That's one example that you have conveniently ignored. 

iam not saying they wont iam saying they wont be on the 29th march and they wont replace the EU zone,and Boris and farage over played the issue,anyway brexit was considerably more about immigration and hospital waiting times than trade,trade means nothing to a benefit scrounger,alcoholic or OAP with a few years to live,i mean the poor guy who had to return from thailand and only got a bedsit while waiting for his OP,my heart bleeds for him,i bet the bedsit was cleaner than his 4000bt a month room on soi buakoau,i wonder what his opinions are on trade deals ????

Japan and Germany agree to promote free trade, rules-based order _ The Japan Times.html

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I have  meeting with Mrs May and Mr Johnson and Mrs Mercker arranged for tomorrow night at 6 PM at 10 Downing street .

If you are able to attend , the right Hon Mrs May will inform you of the progress, although you must promise to keep them secret and not to tell anyone .

Please let me know of your availability for the meeting , seats need to be reserved . 

so you dont know of any,just a no would of done

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

iam not saying they wont iam saying they wont be on the 29th march and they wont replace the EU zone,and Boris and farage over played the issue,anyway brexit was considerably more about immigration and hospital waiting times than trade,trade means nothing to a benefit scrounger,alcoholic or OAP with a few years to live,i mean the poor guy who had to return from thailand and only got a bedsit while waiting for his OP,my heart bleeds for him,i bet the bedsit was cleaner than his 4000bt a month room on soi buakoau,i wonder what his opinions are on trade deals ????

I'm more interested in what we can achieve over the next 5, 10, 20 years, not what we can achieve by the 29th March. 

I'm not sure where you're going with the rest of your post. And I'm not sure why you keep including a link from the Japan Times about a discussion they had with Germany. 

17 minutes ago, bomber said:

I've just watched the video clip. Love the diplomatic language from Tusk. They are really getting rattled now, because they thought they had already stitched us up with the Merkle/May BRINO deal. I suppose the parliamentary system has some positives sometime. It's a good job the ERG and lawyers fine tooth combed the 500+ pages before trecherous Theresa tied us to the EU for ever. A No Deal exit looks more likely all the time while they take this attitude.

47 minutes ago, bomber said:

farage and bojo stood in front of the camera's and claimed 100s of times that countries would be thrilled to sign trade deals, are you saying they didnt make these claims

so what?

history man - look ahead

stop pissing into the past

48 minutes ago, damascase said:

........but they are signing so called continuity deals, e.g. with Chile and the Faroer Islands, agreeing to further apply the current EU FTA. Just to ensure that the UK can cintinue to import Chilean wine and fishery products from the Faroer free of tariffs............

Again, doesn’t look much like ‘taking back control’????????.

The UK and Chile have today signed a new trade continuity agreement.

This trade continuity agreement will see British businesses and consumers benefitting from preferential trading arrangements with Chile after we leave the European Union. 

Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Chile Jamie Bowden signed the UK-Chile agreement in Santiago today (Wednesday 30 January) with Chilean Foreign Minister Roberto Ampuero. 

The news has been welcomed by the Wine and Spirit Trade Association, which confirmed that this is important to protect parts of the UK’s wine industry, which contributes almost £19 billion to the UK economy supporting around 190,000 jobs.

More:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-chile-sign-continuity-agreement

pretty good

same as this deal in southern Africa

all positive - well worth as a start in after life

(since UK is stupid enough not to have her WTO instruments in order)

18 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

pretty good

same as this deal in southern Africa

all positive - well worth as a start in after life

(since UK is stupid enough not to have her WTO instruments in order)

Tinpot nations who will buy very little off the UK...will create no jobs 

2 hours ago, bomber said:

maybe the leave campaign should of told the voters this,but all we got was everyone will be fighting to sign deals,as we know there are none lined up to be signed on the 29th march and nothing in the pipeline,no wonder Nissan and CO are pulling their hair out

Wot?

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I have lost count of how many of these i've seen since that arrogant tosser said that today...

his opinion,i agree with him although he does look like an right twta,just want you want when negotiations are in town.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

More like the remainers want to delay the exit , in the hope that it will never happens?

more time to dot the i's and the cross the t's to the trade deals that will make britain great again.????

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

More like the remainers want to delay the exit , in the hope that it will never happens?

Exactly.  And the more they do this the weaker we look. Remain MPs have crippled our country's negotiating position. 

Although I detest the way Tusk and his cronies behave, I do wish the UK team would respond in kind now, and tell them where to stick their backstop. 

Archived