Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

19 minutes ago, bomber said:

you got my answers stop insisting you didnt,now to UK employment issue's what do you want me to say? are you happy with them or sad i need to know as to give my reply,

Amazing. I ask you what are The EU doing about currency problems in the Eurozone and your answer is your partner gets paid in Euros and she has no complaints therefore there are no problems.  With an answer like that I have to admit I can't compete with that sort of logic and consider the matter closed because you just don't understand the question.

Over and out. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bomber said:

thanks to brexit thats the lowest rate for over 20 years and even more chance of you having less baht in your pocket after brexit,it was always going to happen,Project fear not required in this instance.

For some of us , there are more important things to consider , rather than just how much Baht we get for our Pound

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you once again making these % age figures up ?

I also didnt state that the "UK is going to be a mass producer of goods again"

That is a strawman argument .

I was talking about the UK's current exports and the new markets that will be open to the UK with no E.U restrictions .

havent made any figures up,i have stated a further drop of 15% or more would be required to have anychance of  making an impact,that may happen it may not i was using the figure that the pound dropped after the vote as an example,as that drop did FA for exports,it could drop 40% and have no impact who knows,.

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

Actually, at the risk of being a drama queen, I've been in hospital after a minor stroke! Resting up so will respond!

My sincere best wishes. I expect nothing less than a full recovery.

3 minutes ago, aright said:

Amazing. I ask you what are The EU doing about currency problems in the Eurozone and your answer is your partner gets paid in Euros and she has no complaints therefore there are no problems.  With an answer like that I have to admit I can't compete with that sort of logic and consider the matter closed because you just don't understand the question.

Over and out. 

please explain what are the currency problems in the EU?  until you explain what they are i cannot give you my reply,again please explain so i can answer,all i have to go off is the market rate in which the euro is doing fine,but please explain instead of just accusing me of ducking the question.are there any euro users on here who are having problems maybe they can explain also,i know there are plenty of pound users having problems

39 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

All governments induce fear to control the people.

Hence, 'BE AFRAID' has been UK mainstream media

mantra.

Where is the British optimism, resourcefulness, and

self respect?

We all know this gov. is a piece of sh1t, don't go down

the sewer with it.

There was a series documentary many years ago as to how govt. used the 'fear factor' to control the population.  Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the documentary series.

53 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was talking about the UK's current exports and the new markets that will be open to the UK with no E.U restrictions .

In what way is the EU restricting your trade?

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

All governments induce fear to control the people.

Hence, 'BE AFRAID' has been UK mainstream media

mantra.

Where is the British optimism, resourcefulness, and

self respect?

We all know this gov. is a piece of sh1t, don't go down

the sewer with it.

the gov you have now is all you have

I think there is very very little chance of anything substantially better

creeping above the horizon in the foreseeable future

48 minutes ago, sanemax said:

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

Which ones? Over half of your exports are to the EU....

have fun finding these "new" markets "without restrictions" ????

Also the service industry aka Finance and co is 80% of your whole GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_Kingdom#Service_industries

.... just saying.

11 minutes ago, damascase said:

In what way is the EU restricting your trade?

It’s forcing the UK into trade deals with 40 countries or so, stopping the UK from doing own trade deals with Nigeria or the Färöer Islands. I mean, no one knows the future, so no one can say for sure whether maybe those trade deals could turn out much more valuable than the crappy EU ones. Anyway, can you stop your questioning and praise the opportunity? You’re betraying Brexit. Where is our British fighter mentality? My grand grand grand dad fought against the Germans, so stop it.  

There was a series documentary many years ago as to how govt. used the 'fear factor' to control the population.  Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the documentary series.

Well it certainly worked on the Remainers and it’s still working now.
Must be easy on malleable minds, especially if you tell them that the experts say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

For some of us , there are more important things to consider , rather than just how much Baht we get for our Pound

Or Euro, USDollar, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Swiss francs, Chinese Renminbi, Swedish Krona, New Zealand dollar, ...

Well then. Is not that important. 

Perhaps the UK should pay its bills in the future with shells and glass beads.

.the UK is not going to be a mass producer of goods again in the future,stop dreaming

So why do you Remainers bang on so much about losing access to our “main markets” and trading partners in EU?
I know your arguments are all over the place, but try to keep on message or you’ll shoot down the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Or Euro, USDollar, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Swiss francs, Chinese Renminbi, Swedish Krona, New Zealand dollar, ...

Well then. Is not that important. 

Perhaps the UK should pay its bills in the future with shells and glass beads.

That can have greater value than paying your bills with some peoples opinions.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Which will make UK exports to be more attractive to other Countries wanting to buy UK products 

That would be logical. In fact no; the last forced devaluation had no beneficial effect on exports. Worrying don't you think?

2 hours ago, bomber said:

thanks to brexit thats the lowest rate for over 20 years and even more chance of you having less baht in your pocket after brexit,it was always going to happen,Project fear not required in this instance.

The THB is very strong at the moment, so the low rate vs GBP is not all about Brexit. 

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Which will make UK exports to be more attractive to other Countries wanting to buy UK products 

Simplistic thinking.

A currency devaluation to stimulate your economy isn’t all that it is cracked up to be. 

A lower pound means imports are more expensive, which will impact CPI. Local producers of the same product are more than likely just to put up their prices to match the imported benchmark. Double whammy. 

And just because your exports are cheaper means naught if you have limited access to markets. 

So you replacing seamless access to 400m people on your doorstep with customers elsewhere. Think:

- longer supply chains and more shipping costs

- tariffs in the destination country which will wipe out any currency advantage 

- non tariff barriers which will mean that that Stilton cheese which used to be easily exported to France may have to sit in port for customs checks in China or Japan, negating any freshness benefits.

- quotas, where you just can’t sell any more than a certain limit per year.

so, yes yes, I know project fear, blah blah blah and that dogged British bulldog stiff upper lip which achieved victory over the Huns. They need us more than we need them etc etc will sort things in a jif so not to worry, and you’ll carry on. 

5 hours ago, vogie said:

In fairness melvin if you were flying in that airoplane would you have confidence. The panels have been rivited on the wrong way and the windows are the wrong shape liable to cause stress and eventual fracture at normal flight speed. Obviously a european project.????

no elevators or rudder either - solid EU project

3 hours ago, bomber said:

Not all due to Brexit but let's all just pretend it is shall we? 

3 hours ago, bomber said:

havent made any figures up,i have stated a further drop of 15% or more would be required to have anychance of  making an impact,that may happen it may not i was using the figure that the pound dropped after the vote as an example,as that drop did FA for exports,it could drop 40% and have no impact who knows,.

Exactly, who knows?

Archived