Please help: Scared of wife reaction

tekashicanada

1 hour ago, tekashicanada said:

Can I please get some sensible answers? 

I'm pretty traumatized.

Sorry to be a tad unsympathetic, but you did ask for advice.  Mine is that you need to grow a pair, tell her to shape up, lay down the ground rules for the relationship to continue,  or just  leave. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A couple of things have to be considered:  The changes in her, and the changes in yourself, before and up to the chaotic episode.   There are some good, realistic responses posted.  Sometimes a "business trip" is required to (safely/non-confrontational) hit the reset button, and reconfirm your ground rules.  If the communication is not what you expect/require, the "business trip" is extended.  Maybe indefinitely...

I cannot really give you any sensible advice because I don't  know the details of the actual situation for a start and it is difficult to give advice without even knowing you.

I can only tell you what I imagine I would do if this happens to me. I would leave without saying anything to her so she couldn't contact me again. I wouldn't even bother to divorce because that means I have to see her or contact her.

If you go home no one will know you are married. Just keep it a secret that's all.

"A marriage is just a game for those who couldn't find better things to do"

6 hours ago, tekashicanada said:

Yes, indeed, maybe I need to grow a pair but I have never been in a situation like this before. She only got like this a few months ago when we got married. The expectations got really big and she is never happy.

How did you meet her? How well did you get to know her before you got married?  Could it be just cultural differences?  

If she really loves you and want to be with you , there is nothing wrong with that , maybe she is jealous if you leave the house alone. 

But do you really know her?  Do you know her family and financial situation ?   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Three options:

a) Troll post

b) She is on drugs. If you can get her off the drugs there might be a future for you. But that's difficult

c) Run

b) !!!!! This sounds so familiar. And if she is on drugs, good luck. And don't bother asking her because all you'll get is deny, deny, deny and another look at the scissors.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tekashicanada said:

The expectations got really big and she is never happy. 

Theres your answer, what the other posters were saying was right but she should leave you as well as you guys are not a match and sadly never will be.  Where you are now you will be in 1,3,5,10 yrs and usually gets worse is that how you really want to live your life? 

9 hours ago, tekashicanada said:

Thank you all for the replies. So to answer a few questions. I am 33 and she is 30. She is university educated and she is an accountant. It is becoming increasingly difficult because her expectations of me are getting really big: Like she wants all of my attention, she wants me to put her priority number 1, etc.

I did pay the Sinsod of 400k THB.

She seems to be expecting me to include her in everything i do whether it would be to hang with my friends or whatever. 

I'm a pretty distracted fellow as I have work full time and run a side gig for business so I'm constantly on my phone. She takes this as a big offence when I don't talk to her and what not.

I don't think I can run away as I have a life here (lived here for 5-6 years before marrying her). She also lives in my condo. 

I hope this can provide some background story and no this is not made up.

Yes, indeed, maybe I need to grow a pair but I have never been in a situation like this before. She only got like this a few months ago when we got married. The expectations got really big and she is never happy.

More info was needed,thanks.I do not agree with the violence at all but you should agree that getting married i sharing a life!By the looks of it you do not have the time or are willing to spend more time with your wife.Doomed to failure!!!

• Like 2

Let's assume for a moment this situation is real. He is the nice guy and she is the crazy woman with the knife and scissors.

It seems not totally uncommon in Thailand that the previously nice girl takes a knife in her hands and it gets scary.

Does anybody know what would happen next?

I.e. she slashes him with the knife and draws blood. He hits her to remove the knife out of her hand. And then?

Or he grabs the knife in her hand and doing that she gets injured.

What if she goes to the police with bloody arm and complains about that crazy farang with the knife?

Somehow I am not convinced the police would believe the story of the farang and not her story.

Does anybody have any experience with that?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Somehow I am not convinced the police would believe the story of the farang and not her story.

Does anybody have any experience with that?

Yeah, police generally refuse to get involved in domestics, but they often offer to wait while she packs her bag and escourt her to the bus station.

• Like 1

Have you given her a smart phone with high speed and has she heard of FB, it works for me.
However on a serious note.
It seems she want's a divorce now as she is entitled to half of everything you have.
Choice, stay and be miserable or go and give her half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, tekashicanada said:

Thank you all for the replies. So to answer a few questions. I am 33 and she is 30. She is university educated and she is an accountant. It is becoming increasingly difficult because her expectations of me are getting really big: Like she wants all of my attention, she wants me to put her priority number 1, etc.

I did pay the Sinsod of 400k THB.

She seems to be expecting me to include her in everything i do whether it would be to hang with my friends or whatever. 

I'm a pretty distracted fellow as I have work full time and run a side gig for business so I'm constantly on my phone. She takes this as a big offence when I don't talk to her and what not.

I don't think I can run away as I have a life here (lived here for 5-6 years before marrying her). She also lives in my condo. 

I hope this can provide some background story and no this is not made up.

Three words. Look them up: 

Borderline Personality Disorder

People who are all charming and nice to get you into their orbit, but not even god can match the fury of a BPDer if you have your own life! They loath rejection and interpret anything you do as such. Taking a dump with the door closed even...

Their issues, your problems.

A qualified psychiatrist will tell you the only solution.

Cut off all contact. And when you do don’t be fooled by their apologetic and seemingly genuine acts of contrition to get you back into their lives. Cause once they do they just do the same thing. 

There is no real cure for these people. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Entitled to half of everything you have,where did you come up with that?Absolut nonsense!!!

I believe that Thai law states that a divorcing couple are each entitled to whatever assets they brought into the marriage and that any assets they acquired during the marriage are considered to be joint property and should be divided 50%/50%.  So unless they bought a car or a condo or a house after they got married, the financial consequences of a divorce should not be a consideration.

• Like 1