PCX 150 engine suddenly stalls and will not turn over.

Sakeopete

Hi All,
I have a 2011 PCX 150 with only 4000 kms. I have owned it from new and it has been perfect until now. While riding in town at moderate speed the motor will just stall to a rolling stop. The strange thing is that when I try and start it the starter/alternator will not turn over. I then wait about 15 mins and it will turn over again and start with no issues. It has done this randomly for a few days. When I take it to a mechanic they look at me strange because it runs perfectly and they can't get it to stall.

Has anyone had this issue?

44 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

While riding in town at moderate speed the motor will just stall to a rolling stop. The strange thing is that when I try and start it the starter/alternator will not turn over. I then wait about 15 mins and it will turn over again and start with no issues

First off I would think carburettor blockage build up for stalling.

Then because of not turning-over something electrical over-heating.

You need a decent mechanic obviously the ones you use are not up to it. 

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Yes, it was a battery issue with me. Bought a new one and the stalling stopped. Hope this helps.

I endorse that. I had the same problem on my Click. Changed the battery, problem solved.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

Faulty kill switch or side stand safety switch would be good places to start.

Side stand was my first though however manipulating it hasn't helped. There is no kill switch on my  PCX only the idle stop switch. I also tried manipulating the pressure on the brake levers but that didn't make a difference.

5 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Side stand was my first though however manipulating it hasn't helped. There is no kill switch on my  PCX only the idle stop switch. I also tried manipulating the pressure on the brake levers but that didn't make a difference.

Ah . Im going on the theory the engine cuts out , and the starter wont turn the engine over , as being caused by the same problem. Might be wrong. Does this bike have a temperature overheat cut out sensor , preventing a re-start until its cooled down. Can you have the alternator output and the battery cranking output checked.