New Brake Pads.

NoshowJones

10 minutes ago, johng said:

Entirely depends how much "braking" you do....

if you are a "hypermiler"  then probably not so good????

Motorbike mostly only used on longer journeys, or road trips, never locally as I use my pushbike.

Hardly ever do much more than 60 KMP as I am never in a hurry.

What is a hypermiler?

Edited by possum1931

37 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What is a hypermiler?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-efficient_driving#Acceleration_and_deceleration_(braking)

Generally, fuel efficiency is maximized when acceleration and braking are minimized. So a fuel-efficient strategy is to anticipate what is happening ahead, and drive in such a way so as to minimize acceleration and braking, and maximize coasting time.

The need to brake is sometimes caused by unpredictable events. At higher speeds, there is less time to allow vehicles to slow down by coasting. Kinetic energy is higher, so more energy is lost in braking. At medium speeds, the driver has more time to choose whether to accelerate, coast or decelerate in order to maximize overall fuel efficiency.

While approaching a red signal, drivers may choose to "time a traffic light" by easing off the throttle before the signal. By allowing their vehicle to slow down early and coast, they will give time for the light to turn green before they arrive, preventing energy loss from having to stop.

55 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Was the caliper checked, does the caliper get very hot, if you lift the front wheel does the rim spin freely.

I am not in any way mechanically minded, most of my talent is being musically minded.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Good post. I rarely accelerate quickly, or seldom go above 60 kph. I do what you mention about approaching traffic lights, and my fuel consumption is 40.9 ks per litre.

• Like 1