NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

snoop1130

On 12/7/2018 at 4:27 AM, mogandave said:

I’ve followed the thread and I don’t recall anyone making snide comments about the woman’s intent, character, upbringing, background or culture. You just made all that up. Neither has anyone indicated that (assuming the woman was actually raped or assaulted) the suspect not be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I don’t see much difference between a man or a woman drunk on the street at 2:30 in the morning, they’re both fools. That the woman is generally an easier target makes her a bigger fool.

What if she had been drunk sitting on the curb and rather than walking off with a stranger she had gotten her legs run over by a car making a right turn?

What if she had been drunk, wandering around at 2:30 in the morning and just gotten robbed?

What if she had drunk, wandering around at 2:30!in the morning and gotten on the back of a motorcycle with someone and subsequently fell off and broke her collarbone?

Would she not bear any responsibility at all?

I support the death penalty for forcible rape and would give the victim the opportunity to throw the switch if they want.

A victim of rape would bear no responsibility at all if they were drunk when sexually assaulted by rapist scum. 

Only rapist scum bear responsibility for their actions. 

Edited by Bluespunk

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

A victim of rape would bear no responsibility at all if they were drunk when sexually assaulted by rapist scum. 

but he didn't rape her

or you know something?

• Like 1

How many drinks is drunk? One drink okay?

What should the blood alcohol have to be?

16 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Only in your dreams, "rapist scum" are irresponsible by definition, and women should know better than getting drunk and become easy targets for criminals and the such.

The only one to blame is the rapist filth. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

The only one to blame is the rapist filth. 

I disagree, everybody know that getting totally drunk and wandering alone at night is dangerous.

I am sure that you would not do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Irrelevant. 

The victim is never to blame for the rapist’s actions. 

Assuming a crime has been committed, yes.

Regardless of the crime, it is never the victim’s fault. But victim’s often bear some responsibility.

What do you jump immediately from the victim bearing some responsibility to it being the the victim’s fault?

Weak
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Assuming a crime has been committed, yes.

Regardless of the crime, it is never the victim’s fault. But victim’s often bear some responsibility.

What do you jump immediately from the victim bearing some responsibility to it being the the victim’s fault?

Weak

Your post asked if a woman would bear responsibility, if they had been drinking. 

I say not. 

Saying they do is victim blaming. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You’re the one that brought up that the victim being drunk absolved her of all responsibility, now you claim her drinking is irrelevant.

Make up your mind.

No, you brought it up in the post of yours I quoted. 

A victim is never responsible for a rapists actions, it is irrelevant how much they have drunk.

Drinking does not make the victim in anyway responsible for rapist filth actions. 

Edited by Bluespunk

No, you brought it up in the post of yours I quoted. 

A victim is never responsible for a rapists actions, it is irrelevant how much they have drunk.

Drinking does not make the victim in anyway responsible for rapist filth actions. 

Again, assuming she was raped...

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Did I?

Let me see...

You know, I don’t think I referred to any one particular case. 

Let me reread my post...

Yep, I’m correct. 

yes you did

and

No you are wrong

you claim she was sexually assaulted by a rapist scum

How do you know he is a rapist?

and just because he is a Thai construction worker does not make him scum

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:
17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The victim is never responsible for the actions of rapist scum. 

Everybody with a brain is responsible for his/her actions, and it's a known fact that criminals exist.

This is the unfashionable reality...  no one is condoning the heinous crime here.. No one !... However, Political Correctness kneecaps any logic in topics such as this... 

No one is victim blaming, No one !.... But, what people are suggesting is that people should be responsible for their own safety and wellbeing - anyone with a brain who is capable of looking after themselves should do so.

Much in the same way as a Man Wearing a thick gold necklace should have known better when entering an impoverished area and gets robbed - that doesn't make the robbery any less wrong. But it does show that the victim exercised poor judgement. 

In a non-PC world we are allowed to discuss and comment on this poor judgement, but as soon as female becomes a victim of a crime such as this discussion and intelligent comment looses all traction when the Politically Correct take offense and misinterpret common sense and call it victim blaming.

Would you feel comfortable placing your daughter or wife in a similar situation this girl placed herself in? and if not, why not?.... there is your answer no political correctness necessary. 

The victim was guilty of poor judgement, the perpetrator guilty of a heinous crime and needs to be penalised accordingly. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

yes you did

and

No you are wrong

you claim she was sexually assaulted by a rapist scum

How do you know he is a rapist?

and just because he is a Thai construction worker does not make him scum

I did not refer to any one case.