Many quitting agencies due to assets rule

webfact

On 12/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, manchega said:

Actually quite understandable.  Its not about having nothing to hide. Its about drawing a target on your head and your family members.

This means any one you slighted in the land of small members, imagine from overtaking them to not noticing them will have an easy method of attack.

an expensive or time consuming audit any time, your assets of land, real estate, gold, stocks, income etc, not to mention those of your children and spouse all up there for any one to see.

You would have to be stupid to agree to it.

even with these disclosures the junta have been immune to this what with the blokey with 10 million baht watches etc.

in a land of corruption you had better be corrupt or at least hide the fact that you are not.

the comments on here remind me of the arsewipes at home who get all riled up when you don't want to pay taxes.

yes I was born to be a slave and at least 50% of every pound or dollar I earn belongs to my masters.

"the comments on here remind me of the arsewipes at home who get all riled up when you don't want to pay taxes.

yes I was born to be a slave and at least 50% of every pound or dollar I earn belongs to my masters."

Traitor!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Just about sums up the corruption !

A total disgrace, the lot of them, and they should be investigated anyway.

Most senior positions in western Government agency's generally have to do a pub test, so yeah, these resignations shows the amount of corruption or someone with something to hide, that is out there.

Every single person who resigns over this should be immediately investigated and charged if anything is found.

But this is Thailand and that will never happen so the corruption continues. 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:28 AM, VincentRJ said:

The new legislation should have included the rule that anyone who resigns after the announcement of the legislation, and before the official implementation of the legislation, will automatically be investigated, for the obvious reasons that they might have something to hide, whatever the reason they give for their resignation.

One small problem with this, who would investigate them? if members of the investigation committee had to declare their assets I am sure that they would be found to be "unusually" wealthy as the only way they could get elected to the investigation was by having the right connections & being wealthy!

The country is rotten to the core from my observations! :shock1:

Edited by CGW

2 hours ago, chainarong said:

Most senior positions in western Government agency's generally have to do a pub test, so yeah, these resignations shows the amount of corruption or someone with something to hide, that is out there.

Nonsense.

Give it up-you are stuck in a  rut.

It is quite embarrassing,really..

What you would know about Western gov'ts could be printed in bold capital letters on the back of a postage stamp.

6 hours ago, manchega said:

if you lived in the us and you were asked to reveal all income and assets in detail for public viewing would you be happy to do?

of course you would not, it would not matter if you worked flipping burgers and rented or was middle managaement owning 2 cars 2 houses a boat, shares, gold, a retirement fund you would have to be stupid to let that happen given the choice?

If I were serving the public or was an elected official, I absolutely would. That’s what these people are, working within an extremely corrupt system. They are not private citizens going about their life who are being targeted. 

• Like 1

well, there we go. Lets see if the government tells them 'íf you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear'.

See if they dare. Has Prayuth explained his wealth yet? Didn't think so. Nor Prawit I'll be bound...

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, manchega said:

if you lived in the us and you were asked to reveal all income and assets in detail for public viewing would you be happy to do?

of course you would not, it would not matter if you worked flipping burgers and rented or was middle managaement owning 2 cars 2 houses a boat, shares, gold, a retirement fund you would have to be stupid to let that happen given the choice?

Happy or not, the Quote 500 reporters just publish all your belongings in their magazine. Even for the ones who don't want it.

11 hours ago, Youlike said:

Happy or not, the Quote 500 reporters just publish all your belongings in their magazine. Even for the ones who don't want it.

The case isn't even similar anyway. There is no reason to suspect that by far the majority of people  (esp govt employees) are corrupt where I come from - doubtless some but nothing like on the scale of Thailand, where corruption, by government estimates accounts for between 30% and 40% of GDP.

Having to declare your income and assets is a direct consequence of that, so they don't get even a microsecond's worth of sympathy from me, having directly seen blatant and unconcealed corruption among fairly junior government employees (Finance Department).

But it should apply to everyone, especially Army types given the fact that the Army and the Police are believed to be the major source of corruption in Thailand. You want to know about my assets? Go for it, I'll be happy to tell you, but first, where did Prayuth get his 100 million on a soldier's salary and how much has his wealth increased since grabbing the government at the point of a gun? And Prawit, And Sitabutr, and the rest of the den of thieves... and Prem. And the other one.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

The case isn't even similar anyway. There is no reason to suspect that by far the majority of people  (esp govt employees) are corrupt where I come from - doubtless some but nothing like on the scale of Thailand, where corruption, by government estimates accounts for between 30% and 40% of GDP.

Having to declare your income and assets is a direct consequence of that, so they don't get even a microsecond's worth of sympathy from me, having seen it among 'fairly junior government emplyees (Finance Department).

But it should apply to everyone, especially Army types given the fact that the Army and the Police are believed to be the major source of corruption in Thailand. You wantto know about my assets? Go for it, I'll be happy to tell you, but first, where did Prayuth get his 100 million on a soldier's salarty and how much has his wealth increased since grabbing the government at the point of a gun? And Prawit, And Sitabutr, and the rest of the den of thieves... and Prem.

You are a bold fellow....

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You are a bold fellow....

If it requires people to be bold before telling the truth about what everyone in Thailand knows anyway, then something is seriously wrong surely? I  look forward to the day when some of these fellows face a firing squad, though I doubt I'll see it.