The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My brother reckons things are getting steadily worse in the UK and there's a growing chance of the season stopping like last season. What do you lads in the UK reckon?

Can’t see it myself. 

Everyones pretty much in tier 4 now but I have still been able to go out for a nice stroll today, pop into Costa for a takeaway coffee, browse around GoOutdoors for some bargains, do a weekly shop without any fuss. 

Plenty of people getting some afternoon exercise not looking too concerned.......including myself. 

Of course there are still those people imprisoned in their own homes in the belief that if they take a gulp of fresh air they will be dead tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City will be granted a postponement if they cannot fulfil the Carabao Cup semi-final with ManUtd. The forfeit rule, applied to Leyton Orient in the third round, is only for games up to and including round four.

They will need to get permission from Rick first. 

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Can’t see it myself. 

Everyones pretty much in tier 4 now but I have still been able to go out for a nice stroll today, pop into Costa for a takeaway coffee, browse around GoOutdoors for some bargains, do a weekly shop without any fuss. 

Plenty of people getting some afternoon exercise not looking too concerned.......including myself. 

Of course there are still those people imprisoned in their own homes in the belief that if they take a gulp of fresh air they will be dead tomorrow. 

I'm locked in my gaff taking copious gilps of wine...every one of them after all could be my last!!

Off to my island paradise tomorrow which probably has a covid rate of 0 right now but a Tier 3 rating....at least I'll get a swim.

On the question of football stopping I think highly unlikely....the vigorous testing appears to be working and this cautious approach in calling off games where necessary is a correct one.

If England continues to spread its viral load we'll get the additional bonus of seeing patients treated in tents in Feb...perhaps with Rees-Mogg offering to convert ice cream vans to transport the sick.

Ok off topic but I'll be getting vaccinated in a couple of days anyway. 

Club statements following game postponement. Spot the Grinch. Surely safety is paramount.

City’s statement when the Arsenal match was postponed in March on the day of the game due to Arsenal staff coming into contact with Olympiacos owner Marinakis.

On Dec 1st Newcastle v Villa was postponed after 5 Newcastle players and 2 staff tested positive for covid. Villa's statement.

Today 5 City players and 2 staff have tested positive for covid. The Everton match has been postponed. Everton's statement.

EqWvyRgXYAAVyvc.jpeg

EqWrOKbXEAMs1ir.jpeg

EqWrOKZXAAIbJxc.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Club statements following game postponement. Spot the Grinch. Surely safety is paramount.

City’s statement when the Arsenal match was postponed in March on the day of the game due to Arsenal staff coming into contact with Olympiacos owner Marinakis.

On Dec 1st Newcastle v Villa was postponed after 5 Newcastle players and 2 staff tested positive for covid. Villa's statement.

Today 5 City players and 2 staff have tested positive for covid. The Everton match has been postponed. Everton's statement.

EqWvyRgXYAAVyvc.jpeg

EqWrOKbXEAMs1ir.jpeg

I think Evertons statement says everything we need to know about them

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

If you don't mind me asking did you pay for it and if so how much?

What do we think the going rate for a vaccination in Asia will be?

Sorry for late response as I've just got back. It was totally free here mate.

I must also say that the organisation was absolutely spot on. Downloaded the app, booked the appointment (only 3 days ago). Arrived at the expo centre, showed QR code and all smooth sailing. In and out within 30 minutes and there was a constant stream of people. This country have nailed it

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I must also say that the organisation was absolutely spot on. Downloaded the app, booked the appointment (only 3 days ago). Arrived at the expo centre, showed QR code and all smooth sailing. In and out within 30 minutes and there was a constant stream of people. This country have nailed it

Do you now feel like Superman. 

Do have a read of this absolute nonsense. There are some idiots out there!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/29/one-rule-for-manchester-city-another-for-everyone-else-opinion/

As somebody posted on twitter: "It’s not about total unavailable players, it’s about stopping the chance of this outbreak at City also becoming an outbreak at Everton" and Merseyside.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do have a read of this absolute nonsense. There are some idiots out there!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/29/one-rule-for-manchester-city-another-for-everyone-else-opinion/

As somebody posted on twitter: "It’s not about total unavailable players, it’s about stopping the chance of this outbreak at City also becoming an outbreak at Everton" and Merseyside.

It seems to me that Farrell Keeling is a not really all there

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you in Thailand MrB?

Archived