The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell of a game; 1v1.

1st half City were brilliant. Best half of the season? Lovely team goal for Sterling to score. Everyone playing great. 43mins Jesus misses penalty. Game should have been put to bed by HT.

Ederson didn't  come out for 2nd half presumably another injury. They scored a great header just after HT and it was suddenly game on. Bravo sent off for stopping a breakaway. About 5 minutes before they'd let Walker on in goal with the officials messing about. Walker saved the freekick and had little to do as City managed the 10man situation well. 

In the end a decent point but should have finished it first half.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Apparently all twelve of your away fans were disgusted with the performance.

Not sure what that comment is about Ronnie. I don't know how many where there but they were making a decent noise. Did you go the Spurs game last night?

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now Ederson is crocked. Playing Claudio 'Stan' Bravo (last PL game 18 months ago) with young Scott 'Oliver' Carson (last PL game 8 years ago) on the bench, fills me with fear.

Aw diddums. And of course you have no money to buy or loan a proper goalie despite getting £15M for Angus (0-9) Gunn.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, champers said:

Aw diddums. And of course you have no money to buy or loan a proper goalie despite getting £15M for Angus (0-9) Gunn.

No Ederson = Brave 20M

No Sane = Mahrez 60M

No Rodri = Fernandinho 40M

No Zinchenko = Mendy 50M

No Silva = Bernardo 45M

No Laporte = Stones 50M

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

No Ederson = Brave 20M = No comparison which is why we bought Ederson. Would you compare Karius to Adrian?

No Sane = Mahrez 60M = Wrong position

No Rodri = Fernandinho 40M = Wrong position as Fern is having to cover at CB and he's an old man now. He also only cost 34m and that was 6 years ago

No Zinchenko = Mendy 50M = Yep

No Silva = Bernardo 45M = Wrong position and they would normally both play. You want Bernardo to play in 2 positions?

No Laporte = Stones 50M = No comparison.

If you could admit to me that hand on heart you wouldn't miss just Adrian, VvD, Salah, Mane all at the same time, then fair enough. But I think we both know you would.

You cannot deny that in a match as important as this one, having a full strength team is preferable. If we get a point tomorrow I'll be chuffed with that.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

If you could admit to me that hand on heart you wouldn't miss just Adrian, VvD, Salah, Mane all at the same time, then fair enough. But I think we both know you would.

You cannot deny that in a match as important as this one, having a full strength team is preferable. If we get a point tomorrow I'll be chuffed with that.

Your team starting tomorrow is actually still worth more than our stating 11 tomorrow.  

If any other team had the injuries you had they'd be struggling, you are still twating teams as per usual as you have 2 full first teams. 

I'm defo happy you don't have everyone on point, but not for a minute do I think you can't beat us. I guess Pep will be parking the bus again though. 

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not to put a fly in your ointment but have you ever heard of a closed transfer window

You could/should have addressed the issue when it was open - that is what I meant. You have been crossing fingers since it closed.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, Bredbury Blue said:
On 11/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, BangrakBob said:

Looks like the little necromancer  is out with a muscle strain

Yep Silva went off at HT and joins Sane Laporte Rodri and Zinchenko in the sickbay.

I reckon this is Pep's firstchoice XI when all fit:

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Mendy

KdB Rodri Silva

Sterling Aguero Sane

Basically all our left flank are injured except for Mendy whose being nursed back from injury. For Sane we've moved Sterling across where he's less effective

So we've added Ederson to the sick and now have 5 out of the first choice XI out, but based on the crass comments above it should be no problem for City...bollacks, and you know that's bollacks!

I assume the XI below is something like Klopps first choice XI and if we do a like-for-like injury scenario would it be no problem for Liverpool? - would it <deleted>. Hope you now appreciate the extent of our injury problem.

Allison

Trent VVD Lovren Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Yes we will try to manage with other players from our squad but City / Liverpool don't have replacements as good as Ederson (Allison), Laporte (VVD), Silva (?) and Sane (Mane).

6 minutes ago, champers said:

You could/should have addressed the issue when it was open - that is what I meant. You have been crossing fingers since it closed.

As you know, it closes now before the season even starts. There ain't no way you could have planned to have had so many first choice players out all at the same time.

But we'll get on with it.

If we make it safely to the ground that is!!

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Champers think you missed my point as i was trying to make a joke out of Bravo and Carson.

How are we going to buy a keeper as good as Ederson and have him sat on the bench? It doesn't work like that does it. In fairness to Bravo he was excellent last season for us in the cups - bear in mind as well he'd missed the whole of the centurians season with achilles snap so he came back from that well - and he was unfortunate with the sending off midweek when Ilicic cleverly dragged his trailing leg to make contact and go down. Bravo is decent enough but he's not as good as Ederson is he, same as Adrian is decent enough but he's not as good as Allison is he! We will obviously miss Ederson vs liverpool despite Pep's  confidence (real or contrived) in Bravo.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers think you missed my point as i was trying to make a joke out of Bravo and Carson.

How are we going to buy a keeper as good as Ederson and have him sat on the bench? It doesn't work like that does it. In fairness to Bravo he was excellent last season for us in the cups - bear in mind as well he'd missed the whole of the centurians season with achilles snap so he came back from that well - and he was unfortunate with the sending off midweek when Ilicic cleverly dragged his trailing leg to make contact and go down. Bravo is decent enough but he's not as good as Ederson is he, same as Adrian is decent enough but he's not as good as Allison is he! We will obviously miss Ederson vs liverpool despite Pep's  confidence (real or contrived) in Bravo.

Going by Bob's view, we could replace Ederson with Walker cos Walker cost more ????

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

you are still twating teams as per usual as you have 2 full first teams.

You don't watch alot of us do you Bob. We have twated Watford only. We've played well at times. Atalanta on Wednesday was our season in a nutshell: brilliant 1st half, hanging on a bit 2nd half. It's been an indifferent 3 months.

22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I guess Pep will be parking the bus again though.

Huh?

Had on heart i don't remember Pep EVER parking the bus. Wish he would sometimes though. Be a bit more pragmatic like Mourinho. It's not necessary to try to out-football your opponents in every game.

I'm going to have a go at second-guessing Pep's team tomorrow.

Bravo

Walker Fernandinho Stones Mendy

*(only options are Cancelo and Angelino but don't think he trusts them yet)

KdB GunDog Bernardo  

*(only option is Foden for Bernardo but can't  see that)

Mahrez Aguero Sterling

*(only options are Bernardo for Mahrez but that means playing Foden, and it'll be a choice between Jesus energy and Aguero finishing)

My XI (more defensive)

Bravo

Fernandinho Otamendi Stones

Walker KdB GunDog Bernardo Mendy

Sterling .........................Jesus

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I guess Pep will be parking the bus again though. 

You are totally naive if you think a big team aren't going to switch up their tactics. Playing on the counter attack doesn't mean parking the bus. Look at how Brighton play on Sunday, that will be parking the bus. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You are totally naive if you think a big team aren't going to switch up their tactics. Playing on the counter attack doesn't mean parking the bus. Look at how Brighton play on Sunday, that will be parking the bus. 

I'm totally naive if I think a big team (actual back to back champions and by some distance besides one other team) aren't going to switch their tactics, except that is what I actually said they'd do. 

I didn't say counter attacking and parking the bus were one in the same. Except if you are going to score a goal after taking a tactically defensive game then it would be on the counter. 

Delusion never ends, I wouldn't be surprised if 8th placed Brighton beat your 10th placed United at home, you are still <deleted> Rick...

Archived