The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It’s a big deal if the two are linked. His form has deserted him. He shows no leadership on the pitch or off it. He doesn’t even front up the media as captain after that sham performance, he sends out Sumo. 

Coincidence?

There is no leaders on the pitch and Maguire is no captain go back over the years we had leaders all over the pitch, watch the video when TM is getting red carded and where is Maguire? 10 yards away with his hands on his hips, now if that was Roy Keane he would be in the refs face and drag him over to the pitch side monitor,

And that <deleted> Harry Kane clapping the ref giving out the red card whats the game coming to?

My question is who would you give the armband to? Bruno? I cant think of anyone else

• Like 1

Manchester United full ins and outs for summer 2020 transfer window

All the deals that happened at Man Utd in the transfer window as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brought in the likes of Donny van de Beek.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-history-news-19054165

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

There is no leaders on the pitch and Maguire is no captain go back over the years we had leaders all over the pitch, watch the video when TM is getting red carded and where is Maguire? 10 yards away with his hands on his hips, now if that was Roy Keane he would be in the refs face and drag him over to the pitch side monitor,

And that <deleted> Harry Kane clapping the ref giving out the red card whats the game coming to?

My question is who would you give the armband to? Bruno? I cant think of anyone else

Bruno is a problem tactically. It's obvious he needs 2 grafting midfielders behind him. We basically have 3 number 10s now. The only saving grace is if Donny can play that box to box role behind Bruno. Coming from Ajax you'd expect him to be a bit more aware tactically.

54 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bruno is a problem tactically. It's obvious he needs 2 grafting midfielders behind him. We basically have 3 number 10s now. The only saving grace is if Donny can play that box to box role behind Bruno. Coming from Ajax you'd expect him to be a bit more aware tactically.

When you think of great captains over the years, not just at United there is no one in that team I could nominate and dont say that <deleted> goalie, 

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

When you think of great captains over the years, not just at United there is no one in that team I could nominate and dont say that <deleted> goalie, 

I agree, but those type of characters are becoming rarer in the sport, not just at United.

You could say the most important element of  being Captain is to be the first name on the teamsheet, and you can't say that about Maguire now. 

I can't see Ole stripping him. Will cause too much controversy and rock the boat. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I agree, but those type of characters are becoming rarer in the sport, not just at United.

You could say the most important element of  being Captain is to be the first name on the teamsheet, and you can't say that about Maguire now. 

I can't see Ole stripping him. Will cause too much controversy and rock the boat. 

I would have preferred him not to be joining England squad and stay at Carrington and learn some basic defensive skills, like standing on the ball when that free kick was about to be taken I think I learnt that when I was 5.

Interesting fact I just heard he has been relegated 5 times

Edited by ChipButty

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

60 mil for a penalty taking expert was a bit of chunk. Hope those pens do not dry up. 

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've just heard that Alex Telles is the next best player to Roberto Carlos, you remember him? he could play a bit

Yeah I'm old enough to remember R Carlos... that kind of suggests he may be great at going forward but not be the best defender! Either way it will be nice to have some fresh legs in that backline. AWB is another one who looks like he has regressed.

HOW DEADLINE DAY UNFOLDED: Arsenal sign Thomas Partey by triggering his £45m release clause after ditching Matteo Guendouzi on loan while Manchester United finish transfer window with a flourish as Edinson Cavani heads up four signings by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8808075/HOW-DEADLINE-DAY-UNFOLDED-Arsenal-trigger-Thomas-Parteys-release-clause.html

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

HOW DEADLINE DAY UNFOLDED: Arsenal sign Thomas Partey by triggering his £45m release clause after ditching Matteo Guendouzi on loan while Manchester United finish transfer window with a flourish as Edinson Cavani heads up four signings by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8808075/HOW-DEADLINE-DAY-UNFOLDED-Arsenal-trigger-Thomas-Parteys-release-clause.html

A flourish lol...its going to be a long season at Old Trafford.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You need to ask???

Are you suggesting Cavani isn't world class?

The issue isn't with the quality of players we have brought in I don't think, they will all have their roles. It is the players we haven't brought in.

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It cannot be right when the guy who don’t go down like a sack of spuds gets sent off and the guy who cheated gets a yellow. 

it just sends out a really bad example to all who watch and play football, particularly kids. 

I was quoting the law AS it stands. A shove is a yellow card  and a hand to face is a red card AS the law stands the ref/var got it right..what your interpretation of it is your opinion, but one thing for sure is that the 'last man standing' shouldn't come into it.. and yeah ANY violent conduct is not a good example for kids.. but there are many <deleted> poor examples  in footie.. the one that gets me atm  is the tiny shin pads with short Sox's that many  players wear.. I don't suppose for a minute they've had to argue with kids on sat am about wearing them or carry them off with nasty injuries cos they don't protect NEARLY enuf of the leg.. but hey I digress..

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The issue isn't with the quality of players we have brought in I don't think, they will all have their roles. It is the players we haven't brought in.

At 33 and ? years in the realtively uncompetitive lig 1 WAS world class is arguably more appropriate. And yeah agree it's about the players you didn't bring in.. but you have filled some holes or at least attempted to .. shaws lack of pace.. for one.. but we will see.

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Cavani is a risk for sure.

The bench you have is dog average and the others you brought in wouldn't improve that.

Its a terrible window for Utd really...looks like Woodward has been on the valium to be honest.

They got 4 defenders with a purchase value of 80+50+27+30 = 187m.

The resale value:

Maguire - 20m maybe

Bailly - 12m

Shaw - 12m

Wan biss 20m

That's a hundred mill skunked right there and it can further. It would never recoup. Ever. Not even 50%

The question being, we do not buy to sell.

The answer.

You do if they are all bang up for finishing 17th.

• Like 1

Diallo is held in high regard at Atalanta, who possess one of the best academies in Italy, and he was compared to Lionel Messi by his teammate Papu Gomez.

"He’s a future star, trust me," Gomez said. "During our training sessions he plays like Messi! You can’t stop him, he’s unbelievable, our centre-backs have serious problems when he is on the pitch. He’s fantastic."

Manchester United plans for Facundo Pellistri after deadline day transfer

Man Utd signed teenage winger Facundo Pellistri on transfer deadline day from Uruguayan club Penarol.

He's going to be the next CR7 mark my words Ive seen people say he looks like Marradona

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He's going to be the next CR7 mark my words Ive seen people say he looks like Marradona

I would love that to be the case ChipButty, but compare the dressing room this kid is walking into, compared to the one which Ronny did. He was schooled in how to be a footballer by the likes of Keane, Ferdinand, Giggs and Scholes.

Who are the characters that are going to lift our dressing room up? Now is the time to step forward, we will learn a lot about the players over the next few games. Cavani and Telles both seem like strong minded lads and that can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I would love that to be the case ChipButty, but compare the dressing room this kid is walking into, compared to the one which Ronny did. He was schooled in how to be a footballer by the likes of Keane, Ferdinand, Giggs and Scholes.

Who are the characters that are going to lift our dressing room up? Now is the time to step forward, we will learn a lot about the players over the next few games. Cavani and Telles both seem like strong minded lads and that can only be a good thing.

Speaking of strong minded lads.

images.jpeg