The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

58 minutes ago, champers said:

He's getting a bit giddy cos Utd are in the Champs Lge next season without having to go all out to win the Europa League. It is a rarity indeed to qualify for Champs Lge with only 66 points. Usually it requires 2 points per game during a season to qualify, 10 more than they have this season. 66 points didn't suffice last season which is why they are in the Europa League now.

Just watching Shakhtar v Wolfsburg, sunglasses required, orange v lime green.

I have always liked Wolfsburg since they were managed by Wolfgang Wolf (true). No relation to Winston.

There's 2 ways you can look at it - the sensible way which judges a team on how they are playing and progressing. Or if you want to look at plain facts, Ole achieved 3rd which has  always been a realistic objective. Now he's achieved it you and Craig Burley want to move the goalposts and say that the points total isn't good enough.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LeungKen said:

Touche'  Ouch !

Happily we are about to announce Sanchez's departure.

(what a costly stuff-up that was)

It's not touche or ouch. They would have bought him at the time too if they could have done. 

And if Sanchez would have worked out maybe we wouldn't have ended up getting Bruno.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's not touche or ouch. They would have bought him at the time too if they could have done. 

We could have bought him but Pep told him to get lost. There had been a gentlemen's agreement and then his agent tried to start a bidding war with United. Pep withdrew after that.

Details of Sanchez pay off aren't fully known but  to buy someone out of 2 years salary estimated at 55 million spondulies ain't gonna be cheap. I reckon ouch is the correct term with maybe a ow, ooh and an extra ouch thrown in

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We could have bought him but Pep told him to get lost.

Who cares. You were in for him and everyone thought it was a great signing at the time.

If you look at Ole's signings - Maguire (overall success), James (work in progress with some good performances in an under performing team), AWB (great start and solid signing despite tailing off a little), Ighalo (excellent when he's played), and Bruno (excellent) - he has a very good record over all.

I don't think most Reds losing sleep over a botched Mourinho signing, especially with the resources we have at our disposal.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Who cares. You were in for him and everyone thought it was a great signing at the time.

You care cos you brought it up that we couldn't buy him ????

I only brought his name up in response to your Sane comment

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You care cos you brought it up that we couldn't buy him ????

I only brought his name up in response to your Sane comment

My point was... Sane having a couple of good seasons, then disappearing and buggering off is the exact reason why its better to be a club that young players want to stay at. 

If you would have convinced Sancho you were a good club to stay at, he could have filled that position for the next decade. 

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

My point was... Sane having a couple of good seasons, then disappearing and buggering off is the exact reason why its better to be a club that young players want to stay at. 

If you would have convinced Sancho you were a good club to stay at, he could have filled that position for the next decade. 

Sane didn't disappear, he got hacked down by the dirty scousers in the charity shield and was out for the season with the injury.

Sancho is history. We said at the time, we wanted him to stay, he didn't want to stay and fight. And so Adios. We all move on and get a chunk of change from you guys a few years later. Loverley jubberley Rodders

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

he didn't want to stay and fight

Of course that's what the club said to save face. He didn't think City was a good place for a young player to be, and he was right. 

Sancho is far from history. Looks like he could be tearing up the PL for a long long time. And that sell on % won't do much to cushion the blow. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He didn't think City was a good place for a young player to be, and he was right. 

So in other words, he didn't want to stay and fight for a place. I don't know what your gripe is here. A young lad wanted leave. We have off loaded loads of young un's, it's part of our Academy strategy. We can't and don't intend to keep them all. No big deal. United do the same. Or are you saying United have never let a young lad go for next to nothing and then pay a record fee to bring him back!! Maybe a young French lad for instance!!

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We have off loaded loads of young un's, it's part of our Academy strategy. 

????????????.... yeah, looks like it.

Pogba's agent tried to hold us to ransom. It wasn't because he wanted to go elsewhere. Either way, we wanted him back and he wanted to come back.

Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Pogba, Williams. All home grown, all fully blooded and involved with the first team. Imagine the pride you feel about Foden, and times it by 5. It's nice when your club has a soul ????

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm sorry Rick but my coffee just went all over my lappy. You are claiming Frenchy as home grown now. Give me strength 

Absolutely, he is a product of our Academy.

I consider Ronaldo home grown too tbh, because we moulded him. But obviously that's up for debate. 

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Of course that's what the club said to save face. He didn't think City was a good place for a young player to be, and he was right. 

Sancho was offered first professional contract by City at that time (fact). Sancho decided he didn't want to stay.Pep stated at the time that Sancho was unwilling to fight for his spot in the Man City first-team: “He didn’t want to take this challenge, this opportunity to discover if he was able to,” he said (fact).

What Sancho has explained as to why he left, was:
"When I left City, there was a lot of people that doubted me – they were like “oh you shouldn’t have left Pep Guardiola” – but I just thought that it was the best thing for me. I still have love for Pep, I still love everyone at the club, because they took me from Watford and helped me develop into who I am today, and obviously going to Dortmund. They helped with a bigger step for me – making my debut. And now I’ve made my debut I’ve expressed myself and now I’m in the position where I am today. I’m just so grateful to everyone who’s been a part of my journey so far. Watford as well, started off life at Watford, so it’s been really good."

So where exactly did Sancho ever say the reason he chose to leave City was because he didn't think City was a good place for a young player to be as you allege? I don't think he did - I THINK YOU MADE IT UP (AGAIN) - please post his quote for us which confirms he said it.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Sancho is far from history. Looks like he could be tearing up the PL for a long long time. And that sell on % won't do much to cushion the blow. 

Looking less likely for United. Apparently he wanted Liverpool but we don't have those sorts of funds. Hopefully he hangs on for another season and joins us next year. ????

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hahaha... source?

He says he plays COD online with Pogba, Rashford and co online every day, so I doubt that's true.

His mate blurted it on Instagram 

Yeah I mean for sure it's not true: 

Klopp vs OGS

UCL

WORD

EPL champions

vs a team who finished 33 points behind us last season and 31 the season previous. 

You're such a better option

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mind showing me the post / article?

There is a video of a journalist speaking to Danny Murphy about it. 

German football magazine Kicker also reported the same.

You've got Google I assume, it's all over various publications. 

The lad wants to win the League, it makes sense.

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

There is a video of a journalist speaking to Danny Murphy about it. 

German football magazine Kicker also reported the same.

You've got Google I assume, it's all over various publications. 

The lad wants to win the League, it makes sense.

I also believe he wants to move this season, and gets on well with the lads in our dressing room...................... that said, who wouldn't want to kick about with James Milner, seems like a right laugh!!!

You are entitled to consider yourself the better option, but I don't think moving to United can be considered a shoddy choice. Especially given the way we play now and his familiarity with the players / city. 

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I also believe he wants to move this season, and gets on well with the lads in our dressing room...................... that said, who wouldn't want to kick about with James Milner, seems like a right laugh!!!

You are entitled to consider yourself the better option, but I don't think moving to United can be considered a shoddy choice. Especially given the way we play now and his familiarity with the players / city. 

United certainly looking more exciting than a year ago. I really wouldn't enjoy watching him play for United.

C'mon BJ, I, and most of us real Manchester United supporters realise that Sanchez was a bad buy.

We don't need your gloating bare ar*ed blue moon, it is undignified and ungentlemanly.

Please, at least be funny if you cannot be clever.

2 hours ago, LeungKen said:

C'mon BJ, I, and most of us real Manchester United supporters realise that Sanchez was a bad buy.

We don't need your gloating bare ar*ed blue moon, it is undignified and ungentlemanly.

Please, at least be funny if you cannot be clever.

Lame isn't he.

Archived