The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LeungKen said:

C'mon BJ, I, and most of us real Manchester United supporters realise that Sanchez was a bad buy.

We don't need your gloating bare ar*ed blue moon, it is undignified and ungentlemanly.

Please, at least be funny if you cannot be clever.

Obviously a short memory. The pain I had to put up with from United fans when I was growing up. Amazing how you can't take it nowadays and it's "ungentlemanly". Blimey Ken, get a grip, it's a bit of banter

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Lame isn't he.

No Mr.B.J. is not lame.

Far from it.

I am an "Old Fella" and been supporting Manchester United since the the early 1950s through good times and bad. B.J. is a good lad and no different in the passion he shares for his club.

As an "old timer" I am excused certain eccentricities one of which is to have my own off-beat banter with Mr Bojangles so RickG please don't try to provoke anything. I am more than happy to carry on supporting my team and have my own bit of silly old fun with B.J.

Cheers & Go United.

1938: Spectators, one holding a football rattle, at the front of ...

1 hour ago, LeungKen said:

No Mr.B.J. is not lame.

Far from it.

I am an "Old Fella" and been supporting Manchester United since the the early 1950s through good times and bad. B.J. is a good lad and no different in the passion he shares for his club.

As an "old timer" I am excused certain eccentricities one of which is to have my own off-beat banter with Mr Bojangles so RickG please don't try to provoke anything. I am more than happy to carry on supporting my team and have my own bit of silly old fun with B.J.

Cheers & Go United.

OK Ken, rodger that! 

2 hours ago, LeungKen said:

No Mr.B.J. is not lame.

Far from it.

Cheers & Go United.

Do you remember your first game?

Interesting to see which team he goes with tonight. Personally I would judge it on the fitness of the individual players and play a stronger team than the last game, but maybe give certain players an extra rest.

Still it would be nice to see the Matic - Pogba - Bruno midfield in action again. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Interesting to see which team he goes with tonight. Personally I would judge it on the fitness of the individual players and play a stronger team than the last game, but maybe give certain players an extra rest.

Still it would be nice to see the Matic - Pogba - Bruno midfield in action again. 

All out attack 

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

All out attack 

Well that's a full strength team. Wouldn't be opposed to that, but I'd also consider giving Tim Fosu-Mensah another go on the left instead of Williams, who I think can be a liability sometimes. But since Williams appeared at the press conference I think he will be playing. 

9 hours ago, champers said:

Looking forward to watching tonight and even want Utd to win (did I really say that?). Copenhagen are no mugs; they beat the Turkish champs last game.

Very tough semi looms.

It's hard to beat the system. 22 penalties this season, roughly a quarter of United's goals this season have come from penalties and this AGAIN was not one. 

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It's hard to beat the system. 22 penalties this season, roughly a quarter of United's goals this season have come from penalties and this AGAIN was not one. 

To borrow one of City's favourite phrases... nothing to see here. Regardless of the pen we were by far the better team, hit the post three times and had a goal disallowed. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

To borrow one of City's favourite phrases... nothing to see here. Regardless of the pen we were by far the better team, hit the post three times and had a goal disallowed. 

What is says is your current position or sense of momentum is guised by an extraordinary amount of calls  in your favour, I mean extraordinary. 

55 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What is says is your current position or sense of momentum is guised by an extraordinary amount of calls  in your favour, I mean extraordinary. 

Only a couple of the pens have been dodgy though. We are not the most polished outfit, but we do have a very direct attacking style, with very fast players bombing into the box. That's the reason for the number of pens. Not extraordinary really. 

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Only a couple of the pens have been dodgy though. We are not the most polished outfit, but we do have a very direct attacking style, with very fast players bombing into the box. That's the reason for the number of pens. Not extraordinary really. 

You have at least double the amount of pens than 85% of the league. And you're only one penalty away from having triple the amount of penalties than 75% of the league. 

And this because you charge like Operation Barbarossa every week?

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.56.23 pm.png

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You have at least double the amount of pens than 85% of the league. And you're only one penalty away from having triple the amount of penalties than 75% of the league. 

And this because you charge like Operation Barbarossa every week?

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.56.23 pm.png

Only 3 more than City.

You are acting like statistics are meant to be completely uniform. Sometimes you have anomalies. But I wouldn't even call this one. Good teams tend to get more pens so your 85% stat means nothing. 

Watch some NBA. And note how being able to draw more fouls is considered a desirable attacking trait. 

Well I never saw that coming Lyon 3-1 City 

Well done to Lyon 

Will he walk at the end of the season? Who knows he may well be off in the summer anyway as his wife and kids have moved back to Barcelona.

I think BM just look to powerful 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, RickG16 said:

I'll simplify it for you. If Bruno has a good game, we win the game. 

I didn't watch the game, however from all of the commentaries I've read, United should have won because of the chances they had, but then again it's the same old story, if you don't take your chances, then you will regret it, and they did.

Something I've said before, and I now believe it's quite obvious, is that United need to have a clear out of older/unfit/unwanted players and look to sign a few new good players. And for me, that does not include the likes of Lionel Messi, or Gareth Bale, where you are paying a fortune for the things they've done in the past, probably far too long in the past.

Jordan Sancho was well overpriced, but there again it didn't stop United paying well over the top for Sanchez, so who knows, but there will have to be some good younger talent available in the leagues around the UK and Europe, it's just that United can't seem to find them!

Having said that, Greenwood has been a good find, but I don't rate Williams or most of the other youngsters they brought into the side, so broader horizons needed.

Archived