The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sorry you just don't come across like Spurs fans, either in your attitude or allegiances.

You should be a bit more... what's the word..... downtrodden. 

I've just checked and the house where Alfredo was born now houses six Albanians and a suicide bomber so he's definitely local. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

They seem to have a problem with anyone who has more success than them. Back in the early days on here and before we started winning they were very polite on the City thread. It went quickly downhill after our first title.

They also seem to have a problem taking it. They're more than happy to hand it out, but squeal like babies when they get some back.

It's for that reason I'll be no longer contributing to this thread. This is my last post.

This thread would be best renamed the Spurs keyboard warrior thread...….or the Spurs cry baby thread.

Typical Southerners, all mouth and trousers.

Edited by Spidey
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They also seem to have a problem taking it. They're more than happy to hand it out, but squeal like babies when they get some back.

It's for that reason I'll be no longer contributing to this thread. This is my last post.

This thread would be best renamed the Spurs keyboard warrior thread...….or the Spurs cry baby thread.

Ooooh not had a flounce for a while. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Mind the door doesn't bang your arse on the way out

• Like 1

Let's assume that Valencia isn't going to be our captain next season, who gets the armband?

Pogba is a candidate, but should he be allowed to just focus on his football?

Herrera is another strong candidate, especially now he is first choice.

Or if Young stays for another season, I guess he'd be a safe option.

David De Gea anyone? Ticks a few boxes but doesn't look to me like a leader in the Schmeichal mould. 

Thoughts?

Edited by RickG16

33 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Man United fans in 1974. Any of you lads in that bunch of neer do wells ?

Dx2L5C7X4AIJRdW.jpg

I am not in the picture but I was there, This was Cardiff away it was going off all day and as a 16 year old I can tell you it was not for the faint hearted.

5 minutes ago, nev said:

I am not in the picture but I was there, This was Cardiff away it was going off all day and as a 16 year old I can tell you it was not for the faint hearted.

Pretty amazing Nev that you can tell from the photo. What a bunch of ruffians !:cowboy:

I realise it was the garb of the time... but I can't imagine being too intimidated by a 'firm' with those haircuts and those flairs ????

I do miss a bit of aggro at the footy, but most of what I experienced was in non league, and very small time. On the times I went away with United, never saw it kick off. Sure it still happens but in the all seater era probably not at the ground.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I realise it was the garb of the time... but I can't imagine being too intimidated by a 'firm' with those haircuts and those flairs ????

I do miss a bit of aggro at the footy, but most of what I experienced was in non league, and very small time. On the times I went away with United, never saw it kick off. Sure it still happens but in the all seater era probably not at the ground.

I think you mean little league

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

Pretty amazing Nev that you can tell from the photo. What a bunch of ruffians !:cowboy:

I know where the picture cane from mate, There is a very good site with nostalgia pictures like this and it is posted Cardiff away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What we got here then a part time united fan to go with the rest.  As Paul ince has come out and said. Anyone could have got that team firing.

You obviously read a load of crap as well?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Let's assume that Valencia isn't going to be our captain next season, who gets the armband?

Pogba is a candidate, but should he be allowed to just focus on his football?

Herrera is another strong candidate, especially now he is first choice.

Or if Young stays for another season, I guess he'd be a safe option.

David De Gea anyone? Ticks a few boxes but doesn't look to me like a leader in the Schmeichal mould. 

Thoughts?

Valencia was too quiet.There seems no standout candidate for skipper. Teams I played with, or coached, we always prefered someone in the midfield barking at players to lift their game which Keane excelled at and showing leadership by his own actions.So for me that rules De Gea out and Pogba needs to just do what he does best create openings. I dont see many leaders in any other teams anymore seems a lost art. Young will eventually be replaced by Dalot, maybe he's got one more good season so he must be favourite

Speaking of De Gea he will be the most important players to get re signed,A matter of necessity.If he stays with United for me he will eventually eclipse Schemeical as Uniteds best ever keeper IMO.

Even last match v leicester the saves he made are now almost expected.Schemeical was a great shot stopper and a big ego but never had the aerial ability of De Gea IMO

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Valencia was too quiet.There seems no standout candidate for skipper. Teams I played with, or coached, we always prefered someone in the midfield barking at players to lift their game which Keane excelled at and showing leadership by his own actions.So for me that rules De Gea out and Pogba needs to just do what he does best create openings. I dont see many leaders in any other teams anymore seems a lost art. Young will eventually be replaced by Dalot, maybe he's got one more good season so he must be favourite

Speaking of De Gea he will be the most important players to get re signed,A matter of necessity.If he stays with United for me he will eventually eclipse Schemeical as Uniteds best ever keeper IMO.

Even last match v leicester the saves he made are now almost expected.Schemeical was a great shot stopper and a big ego but never had the aerial ability of De Gea IMO

I think it has to be Pogba seems the most vocal

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think it has to be Pogba seems the most vocal

I don't think Pogba is a leader and you get the best out of him just letting him get on with it.  But i do take the point in there not being a standout leader.  

I have never really understood why Llois is captain at Spurs but there you go!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I don't think Pogba is a leader and you get the best out of him just letting him get on with it.  But i do take the point in there not being a standout leader.  

I have never really understood why Llois is captain at Spurs but there you go!!

Not yet but he could well be a candidate in the future Lindalof 

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not yet but he could well be a candidate in the future Lindalof 

Funnily enough i was thinking about him too.  I think that could be a good shout, but as you say, not yet.

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Agree with all that but we have to give it to somebody!