The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Manchester United are the touring force of English football again under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Manchester United could be the team that everyone loves or hates again

Like Ryan Giggs, we might be looking at a standout prospect in Marcus Rashford

This is what they need to be Premier League Marmite.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United are the touring force of English football again under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

'Rashford can make himself Manchester United's centre-forward - they don't need to go and buy anyone else, he's your centre-forward that can take you to a title or a Champions League.

22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think you meant towering.

Obviously didn't watch City demolish Arsenal.

Not even the best team in Manchester!!!

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Oh wait, here we go!!!!  You're gonna do the treble, right!!!!????

A word to the wise.....you have to be the best team in Manchester first.

I think your biggest problem might be keeping Rashford.  Real Madrid/Barcelona might decide to sign him.  

Edited by carmine

44 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

1. Did you mean tour de force.

2 ...marmite. what do you mean?

47 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It wasn't everyone, primarily the London club supporters. They can't abide people being successful when they aren't. Obviously, Spurs fans had a big problem with our success.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Shaw was good,the player Mourinho said he had to "think for" and I consider Lindelof now to be undroppable in such a short time after Mourinho left no coincidence there

To be honest Shaw was starting to come good towards the end of the Jose reign. I think Jose can take a lot of credit for his development.

You don't always like your bosses, but I know the times when I've learnt the most was through bosses who put pressure on me.

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Oh wait, here we go!!!!  You're gonna do the treble, right!!!!????

A word to the wise.....you have to be the best team in Manchester first.

I think your biggest problem might be keeping Rashford.  Real Madrid/Barcelona might decide to sign him.  

He's not going anywhere soon, he's a proper Manc

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Way too predictable Spidey...up to 5th though....you might get Thursday night footy after all!

2 points behind Chelsea in 4th. We have yet to play them at home and our form is better than theirs in 2019. Liverpool and City at home are our big challenges for the rest of the season, but don't write us off, we could yet be champions. Confident of finishing above bridesmaids Spurs.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

2 points behind Chelsea in 4th. We have yet to play them at home and our form is better than theirs in 2019. Liverpool and City at home are our big challenges for the rest of the season, but don't write us off, we could yet be champions. Confident of finishing above bridesmaids Spurs.

Are you and ChipButty the Neville twins??

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Spurs fans had a big problem with our success.

They seem to have a problem with anyone who has more success than them. Back in the early days on here and before we started winning they were very polite on the City thread. It went quickly downhill after our first title.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

They seem to have a problem with anyone who has more success than them. Back in the early days on here and before we started winning they were very polite on the City thread. It went quickly downhill after our first title.

I'll really dislike City one hell of a lot come the summer when FIFA make their announcements regards FFP and the concrete evidence they claim to be in possession of.   Up till now i'm quite happy with what my teams doing and have little interest in City.  United at the moment is just a hilarious thread.

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Crikey i most do a trophy count again ????

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Up till now i'm quite happy with what my teams

And so you should be. For the money you have spent I think you are punching. Don’t think anyone has ever denied that. But the way you guys slag every other team off suggests more than a tad of envy/jealousy 

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And so you should be. For the money you have spent I think you are punching. Don’t think anyone has ever denied that. But the way you guys slag every other team off suggests more than a tad of envy/jealousy 

I have no jealousy whatsoever.  The only thing that gets on my nerves is the way City and Chelsea use financial muscle to sway a deal.  Huge wages.  However i blame FIFA for allowing it and not installing wage caps.  I don't even have a problem with United and the wages they pay because their enormous revenue is generated globally and its up to them how they spend their money.  This now brings us onto a subject which i think we will leave for now, as in where your income is generated so lets wait till summer for that, its only fair to both sides.

And for the record, i'll say once again, i would hate beyond belief my club to be owned by any sheik, any oligarch and Mike Ashley.  I would rather win they way we will eventually will under this manager and make no bones about it, we will if he stays as he claims he is going to.  Seems like he has a touch of the Wenger one club loyalty about him.  I'm not remotely jealous because i believe were going to win without the money you lot seem to need so desperately.  Believe me or not, that's the way it is.

What has become clear is that certain supporters really feel the need to think we are jealous, that comes across as clear as day, but its not my problem.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, carmine said:

We'll see about that!!  I seem to be the idiot that has to correct your stupid take on things...Mourinho, Martial....and If you don't think United will have a struggle to keep him you're an even bigger fool that i previously thought.

Anyway, Bredbury likes your post???? so i think it's fair to say the jokes on you Ricky.  You too should team up together, you'r be like the Chuckle Brothers of the forum although you'l need to curb that temper!

Name me a homegrown player that we've struggled to keep. If we wanted to keep them.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

All I said was the last 20 mins last night was boring as hell....you can't deny that although mostly due to Arsenal's lack of ability to close you down and win the ball back really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All I said was the last 20 mins last night was boring as hell....you can't deny that although mostly due to Arsenal's lack of ability to close you down and win the ball back really.

Beep beep beep...... he's reversing. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Name me a homegrown player that we've struggled to keep. If we wanted to keep them.

You're a clown mate.  And may i remind you that whilst he wasn't home grown,(nice way of massively narrowing down the players you could retain, btw!!) you couldn't keep Ronaldo, even with Ferguson at the helm.  And you only kept De Gea because of a reputed administration mess up.  

This is getting quite irritating....how many times do you need reminding that Ferguson has gone.  Wake up and smell the coffee.  You even got rejected by Kovacic and that center back from Bayern who's name i can't even remember.

You're arrogance is astonishing !!!

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

may i remind you that whilst he wasn't home grown, you couldn't keep Ronaldo, even with Ferguson at the helm.

I repeat, name me a homegrown player we have ever struggled to keep. 

You can't, which suggests we won't struggle to keep Rashford. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I repeat, name me a homegrown player we have ever struggled to keep. 

You can't, which suggests we won't struggle to keep Rashford. 

I'll repeat one more time for you; i'm talking about this post Ferguson era.  You simply are not the force you were and seriously, how many homegrown players do you even have since the class of '92?  <deleted> all!!

• Haha 1