Forum upgrade in progress! ×

The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, nev said:

Today's game should be a tough one, We play to our potential I think we will win, Well I hope so to keep our momentum going.

Ole needs to name his strongest side. You can't take any team for granted. Felt that both Ole and the players did that a little bit against Burnley. Nice to see them fighting until the final whistle though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nev said:

Today's game should be a tough one, We play to our potential I think we will win, Well I hope so to keep our momentum going.

They've a decent midfield. That Mendy lad is the business. Pacy attack. They always play well against top of the table, game on your hands today. 

Just now, Spidey said:

Ole needs to name his strongest side. You can't take any team for granted. Felt that both Ole and the players did that a little bit against Burnley. Nice to see them fighting until the final whistle though.

Yes we should be playing our strongest line up from now until the end of the season, Go out get the game won then take a few players of for a rest.

Indeed nice to see the old spirit back never giving up.

10 minutes ago, nev said:

In this picture during the war there are 4 footballing greats can you name them?.

Just a bit of fun.

FB_IMG_15488942397045683.jpg

Joe Mercer, Stanley Mathews and Matt Busby are the easy ones. The other? Frank Swift?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

They've a decent midfield. That Mendy lad is the business. Pacy attack. They always play well against top of the table, game on your hands today. 

Yes they are no mugs, We do have a decent record against Leicester city, Just hoping it is a cracking game and we can get the three points.

19 minutes ago, nev said:

In this picture during the war there are 4 footballing greats can you name them?.

Just a bit of fun.

FB_IMG_15488942397045683.jpg

Top left..Uncle Joe Mercer

Top right...Andy Gray

Bottom right..Busby

Bottom left...i thought was swifty but not sure

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, nev said:

We do have a decent record against Leicester city

This gives me a bit of confidence. I think Bailly night come back in for Jones. Hoping Rashford can hit form again because vs Burnley I thought he was poor by his standards.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Top left..Uncle Joe Mercer

Top right...Andy Gray

Bottom right..Busby

Bottom left...i thought was swifty but not sure

Yes Swifty, but who is between him and Busby one of the all time greats.

Manchester United player ratings: Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford good vs Leicester

Man Utd vs Leicester was another Premier League fixture that ended in victory for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Marcus Rashford scored again.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-leicester-15774116

Alexis Sanchez

There is no need for a Sanchez-Martial debate, for Sanchez did not vindicate his recall. A liability on the ball who never harmed Leicester. Substituted. 2

0_GettyImages-1093365970.jpg

Edited by ChipButty

Mufc didn't play all that good today. Too many missed passes, and not enough energy throughout the game 

Got the win and a clean sheet{finally looking good, 

Rashford should have had 2 goals

Ole is the real deal. 

Lets hope we can do well in the F.A. cup and get past PSG

Well that was hard work and Leicester played well and put us under a lot of pressure.

Luke Shaw was brilliant and a big shout for Herrera his work rate is top notch and it needs to be covering for sloppy Pogba and Matic.

Good three points and into 5th and can go 4th with a win at Fulham, who would have predicted that after the Liverpool loss.

Ole has jumped to the tip of the queue to be our next manager.

9 minutes ago, nev said:

Well that was hard work and Leicester played well and put us under a lot of pressure.

Luke Shaw was brilliant and a big shout for Herrera his work rate is top notch and it needs to be covering for sloppy Pogba and Matic.

Good three points and into 5th and can go 4th with a win at Fulham, who would have predicted that after the Liverpool loss.

Pogba was given  MOTM on BBC Sport

Edited by Kadilo

8 minutes ago, nev said:

I think against most of the top teams Leicester have done well so it was never going to be easy

49 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Pogba was given  MOTM on BBC Sport

It was not his best game but he did play a brilliant assist, He was steady but played a few sloppy passes and lost the ball a few times.

He makes us tick and will try to make things happen and create chances sohe can be forgiven, His big test will be against Psg, Can he carry us to the next round?.

Fairly lacklustre display from United apart from a few seconds of magic from Pogba to Rashford and duly converted.Rashford should have put the earlier header away which would have made things a little less tense. The team looked a touch 'tired" in the latter stages which is not good with all the big games coming up but with Martial coming in for Sanchez this is their best team IMO.

Shaw was good,the player Mourinho said he had to "think for" and I consider Lindelof now to be undroppable in such a short time after Mourinho left no coincidence there

Pogba is the creative spark and think I heard he is leading the goals and assists stats,when he starts loping up the field theres always anticipation ,for me anyway,something is going to happen.

I dont agree with OGS that Sanchez had a strong game and is improving.He did a lot of running but if someone finds his previous "skill set' can they please forward it to Old Trafford

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Fairly lacklustre display from United apart from a few seconds of magic from Pogba to Rashford and duly converted.Rashford should have put the earlier header away which would have made things a little less tense. The team looked a touch 'tired" in the latter stages which is not good with all the big games coming up but with Martial coming in for Sanchez this is their best team IMO.

Shaw was good,the player Mourinho said he had to "think for" and I consider Lindelof now to be undroppable in such a short time after Mourinho left no coincidence there

Pogba is the creative spark and think I heard he is leading the goals and assists stats,when he starts loping up the field theres always anticipation ,for me anyway,something is going to happen.

I dont agree with OGS that Sanchez had a strong game and is improving.He did a lot of running but if someone finds his previous "skill set' can they please forward it to Old Trafford

We need these players chipping in with a few goals like Sanchez