The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very Mourinho- esque performance. No pace, movement, lacking in passion and commitment until the last 15 minutes or so, when they woke up. Credit to Burnley though, superbly organized, did to us what we did to Spurs and Arsenal, really though, shame on them for not getting the three points. Jones is an effin mess. Pereira did himself no favours at all. Matic isolated in mid field because of  Pereira's poor play. Ashley Young, apart from one play at the end, was useless IMO. why not use Dalot? Rashford who really has been terrific of late came up short today. If he scored in the first half, as he should have done, we would have won at a canter. Ole needs to go back to the fast paced, quick passing play that we have seen lately, unlike today's effort. Big learning experience today, I expect he'll get it sorted for the weekend.Herrera will be back, hopefully, and Martial also. Point gained from this game.

I don't understand why Rashford did not play in the middle where he belongs, he was clearly uncomfortable on the left side. Ole tried to experiment , maybe not the best solution when you need to win every game.

3 hours ago, balo said:

I don't understand why Rashford did not play in the middle where he belongs, he was clearly uncomfortable on the left side. Ole tried to experiment , maybe not the best solution when you need to win every game.

Ole did say in his post match interview on MUTV he played Lukaku as he had always played well against Burnley straight from the horses mouth

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Tumbleweed after that result nev....I didn't miss your jibe the other day mate hehehe.

Not at all been busy all day, Still in with a shout of a top4 spot just bad finishing cost us.

Move on to the next game I can't wait Ole has got  the feel good feeling back watching us.

Well done Burnley. Nice to see the 5-5 formation in full effect. Shows what you can do if you stay in the game, and defend like demons. Their keeper was excellent I thought.

You have to admire Sean Dyche. Maybe he could do a job at Spurs next season.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ole did say in his post match interview on MUTV he played Lukaku as he had always played well against Burnley straight from the horses mouth

I can't find this quote anywhere... and I watched the MUTV interview ????

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well done Burnley. Nice to see the 5-5 formation in full effect. Shows what you can do if you stay in the game, and defend like demons. Their keeper was excellent I thought.

You have to admire Sean Dyche. Maybe he could do a job at Spurs next season.

Chaos in the summer when you have no European football Ricky.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's wrong with Sean? He'd be a good replacement... if you could afford him.

You'll end up with Zidane....a manager who has never actually built a proper team before.

The chaos will continue at Man Yoo.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

You'll end up with Zidane....a manager who has never actually built a proper team before.

The chaos will continue at Man Yoo.

I think if we don't go for Ole we will take Pochettino. I think everybody knows that. Including your players. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think if we don't go for Ole we will take Pochettino. I think everybody knows that. Including your players. 

Pochettino has publicly committed to Spurs for the long haul.  Try and keep up.  Anyway, you don't have the pull you used to.  Still the biggest club in the country but nowhere near the pull enjoyed in the RedNose era.

It seems you have to be reminded yet again that Ferguson has retired.  

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Pochettino has publicly committed to Spurs for the long haul.  T 

OK... so you believe him then? No chance he said that to shut the media up?

Hopefully he can stay with you, and Ole will earn himself a contract. But let's be realistic, if we want him we take him. You don't put a lot of effort into courting Fergie unless you want the United job.

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hopefully he can stay with you, and Ole will earn himself a contract. But let's be realistic, if we want him we take him. You don't put a lot of effort into courting Fergie unless you want the United job.

Why would he go as far as to make that statement then?  He was shutting the door on it and getting on with things.  

Get with the times, you're a europa league side.  I cant see why Pochettino would be attracted to United. Take a read of Sparkles post.  He sees things rather more realistically than you do!!!

Despite your arrogance they reality is you can't lure managers and players like you used to.  That was the case in the RedNose era, but those days are now long gone. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If a manager says we're not going to buy in the transfer window do you believe him? I don't. Clubs are always looking and if a deal comes up they will buy no matter what the manager said.

If a manager says hes committed to a club (so wont be leaving) do you believe him? I don't. If the right opportunity comes along for you, me, Pochettino or whoever they will move no matter what they/the manager said.

Some naivety in an earlier post today.

Marouane Fellaini confirms Manchester United departure in Instagram post

Man Utd are selling Marouane Fellaini to the Chinese Super League and the deal could be confirmed on transfer deadline 

Fellaini, as Ole put it recently had his x factor. 

A very effective player and did his bit in a very difficult time for Utd.

Personally I think he played a big part in keeping this incredible run of winning trophies on the go.

Without him I feel they would not have won the FA Cup, L.C. and the Europa League.

Exciting to be watching the Manchester United we know and love again.  Good luck and thanks to Marouane, not appreciated by all.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Spidey said:

Gobshite alert!

Want to make another bet (like the one that Spurs would muller United)? It's odds on that we will finish above you this season (same as last year when we had that useless git Mourino managing us).

We'll be in the Champions league, you'll be lucky to get in the Europa cup. That's a fact!

Anyone seen Spidey ?  B before M springs to mind ????

Date - Sunday, February 03 2019
Kickoff Time - 1405 Hrs GMT
Venue - King Power Stadium, Leicester

League standings and form guide

6. Manchester United: WWWWD
11. Leicester City: LWLLd

Previous Meetings

Manchester United 2—1 Leicester City

Leicester City 2—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—0 Leicester City

Leicester City 0—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 4—1 Leicester City

Untitled.jpg

Just now, alfieconn said:

alfieconn

Posted Wednesday at 10:16 AM

Yep, one more bad result and they'll be calling for Poch again, a shame he's going nowhere 

Crikey there wasn't even one more bad result ????

They are very knee jerk aren't they....i remember a few weeks ago and the new Messiah had just managed them to a win over Huddersfield and the next thing they could win the champions league!

Believe me, there will only be the same two posters come may.

Archived