The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Not the messiah after all ?

Ive already seen comments on social media saying he’s not good enough and has to go....lol

It was a bad night all round. De Gea having a howler, a penalty awarded as a result of an excellent dive, well good enough to fool a referee who was also having a howler. Lukaku back to his bad old ways of missing sitters.

However, I have every confidence that Solskjaer and co. will put it right before the next game. Still fancy us to finish 3rd and beat City on our patch on April 24th. Only other banana skin before the end of the season is Chelsea at ours, but on yesterday's Chelsea performance, it should be a walk over for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It was a bad night all round. De Gea having a howler, a penalty awarded as a result of an excellent dive, well good enough to fool a referee who was also having a howler. Lukaku back to his bad old ways of missing sitters.

However, I have every confidence that Solskjaer and co. will put it right before the next game. Still fancy us to finish 3rd and beat City on our patch on April 24th. Only other banana skin before the end of the season is Chelsea at ours, but on yesterday's Chelsea performance, it should be a walk over for us.

Yeah I still fancy you over Spurs. 

Sounds like one of those games, it was gonna happen at some point. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah I still fancy you over Spurs. 

Sounds like one of those games, it was gonna happen at some point. 

Personally, I think that it was a reaction to the win in Paris. The lads left everything on the field that night and were floating on air after the game. Games like that can often produce a lack lustre performance when playing a few short days later. Don't have another league game until the 30th. Hopefully, Ole can bring them back to earth before then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes we're still third Spidey and you're still on for Thursdays. 

WE shall see. As I said not for long. I will keep my promise to wave at you as we go past.

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Tough call for United, help Liverpool's cause by beating City, or lose and dent Liverpool's hopes, but end up playing Thursday nights in Dagestan and the like. 

Not really Bob. ManU will do as Everton did vs City: they will try and win, but if they lose then they have the consolation of helping City in the Premier against liverpool. Seems like a win-win for ManU.

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not really Bob. ManU will do as Everton did vs City: they will try and win, but if they lose then they have the consolation of helping City in the Premier against liverpool. Seems like a win-win for ManU.

hahaha like Everton did....and like Watford did? Most teams don't play to win against City they sit deep and try hold off the inevitable for as long as possible.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Tough call for United, help Liverpool's cause by beating City, or lose and dent Liverpool's hopes, but end up playing Thursday nights in Dagestan and the like. 

It's a no brainer mate, I am a United fan I want us to win every game and even more so beat city as we want champions League football not end up in the Europa League, If that ends up helping Liverpool so be it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

hahaha like Everton did....and like Watford did? Most teams don't play to win against City they sit deep and try hold off the inevitable for as long as possible.

...and apart from that it makes for such a boring game for the fans, especially neutrals.

Good to see that Nev and i are in agreement to your post.

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes, have to agree with your comments above and was very pleased that United snapped out of the first 25 minutes of lethargy to have a better hold on the game for quite a while.

Although I think Ole was trying to repeat the PSG experience with Dalot, he did look a little lost at times although did put in a couple of good crosses which should have been converted. Furthermore Matic had a poor game by his standards and I would have liked to have seen him played in a central holding midfield role, but too often he was all over the place.

I thought Fred had a good game with his tackling and running and seems to be capable of making secure a place in that midfield if he continues like that.

Will be interesting to see how they recover from this setback as they have made things difficult for themselves now, however this is the time of year when strange things happen because the pressure is on........

A win would have consolidated a place in the top 4, for now, but was not to be.

Lethargic start,Paris hangover?' and an early miss from Lukaku. Loads of chances missed thereafter and woodwork hit twice.                   De Gea had a howler,not sure what he was thinking

Another night could have been a different story ,well done to Arsenal.

Fred who sems to be growing into the team learnt a valuable lesson dont lean on some one in the box they will go down.

Mason Greewood, be it only for a few minutes, was not overawed, big future for that boy, hope he gets more chances to shine.

Dalot will eventually take over from Young at RB and much more to come from him. On we go

For that clown who ran onto the pitch.I'm not sure why security are not preventing intrusions maybe they need more of them facing the crowd. Like the lady tennis player who got stabbed with a knife during a match break  could have been a lot worse.

I think Wolves has a good chance to go through on Sunday, they can't lose to top 6 teams. Would actually be an achievement if you beat them. 

Could be some tough times ahead for Ole over the next few weeks. 

54 minutes ago, balo said:

I think Wolves has a good chance to go through on Sunday, they can't lose to top 6 teams. Would actually be an achievement if you beat them. 

Could be some tough times ahead for Ole over the next few weeks. 

It's going to be a tough game for sure, but in the cup we have won away at arsenal and Chelsea I can see us edging this game 2-1.