The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, nev said:

Penalty all day long, It only keeps coming up because United got it, When the likes of Salah goes down like he has been shot after the slightest touch no one even discusses it, But us it goes on for days ????

If you have the MU app you can watch the whole saga I think 5 minutes, from the shot to Rashford scoring

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was significant that while waiting for the VAR decision BT's camera went straight upstairs to Peter Walton  (ex ref) upstairs who said without hesitation "definate penalty acording to the current rules)" later confirmed by other referees.

The hand ball rule is a minefield, players and refs know that.You will see Lindelof, as an example, when just outside the box will hold his arms by his side. Its not the only rule that needs clarification. Smalling, who is in great form, cant keep his hands off attackers ,he might not get away with that with the next CL ref .In the PL its a free for all, an immediate yellow card should be given for any shirt pulling and "hugging"

Credit to Fred while Rashford was lining up the penalty Rashford was receiving an earful from PSG players trying to put him off thats pathetic but refs allow it.

Fred took into his own hands pushing PSG players away.Poor sportsmanship from PSG and that little grub Neymar who claimed from the stands it hit his players back.

Big game next weekend, no respite, and who knows how the injured are recovering

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

It was significant that while waiting for the VAR decision BT's camera went straight upstairs to Peter Walton  (ex ref) upstairs who said without hesitation "definate penalty acording to the current rules)" later confirmed by other referees.

The hand ball rule is a minefield, players and refs know that.You will see Lindelof, as an example, when just outside the box will hold his arms by his side. Its not the only rule that needs clarification. Smalling, who is in great form, cant keep his hands off attackers ,he might not get away with that with the next CL ref .In the PL its a free for all, an immediate yellow card should be given for any shirt pulling and "hugging"

Credit to Fred while Rashford was lining up the penalty Rashford was receiving an earful from PSG players trying to put him off thats pathetic but refs allow it.

Fred took into his own hands pushing PSG players away.Poor sportsmanship from PSG and that little grub Neymar who claimed from the stands it hit his players back.

Big game next weekend, no respite, and who knows how the injured are recovering

I liked that bit Fred maybe the smallest player on the pitch pushing them 3 players away

Bit of history in that photo. SAF looks well and why wouldnt he but a shot later on as he got off the plane in Manchester in the early hours of next morning he looked worn out. Mrs SAF might have to have a word with him

eric saf and ogs.jpg

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See Maureen is being linked to Real Madrid again...certainly lands on his feet that man.

Hardly with the club & player morale at an all time low. Of course if he does get appointed its his game of musical chairs.Keep re joining club with unlimited budgets.He wont go if he doesnt have a massive war chest and is expected to develop players, they will need to be ready made internationals.

As long as he doesnt come back to England he wont be missed.

I got to the point when he was with United of totally losing interest in games, playing negative,side ways football.

I was watching 50 years of my & others support evaporating all due to his miserable ,all about me, petiulant behaviour rewarded with a 15 mil golden hand shake

jose.jpg

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

Hardly with the club & player morale at an all time low. Of course if he does get appointed its his game of musical chairs.Keep re joining club with unlimited budgets.He wont go if he doesnt have a massive war chest and is expected to develop players, they will need to be ready made internationals.

As long as he doesnt come back to England he wont be missed.

I got to the point when he was with United of totally losing interest in games, playing negative,side ways football.

I was watching 50 years of my & others support evaporating all due to his miserable ,all about me, petiulant behaviour rewarded with a 15 mil golden hand shake

jose.jpg

Can you imagine the fans at OT if he ever came back with which ever team take a gamble on him

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

So PSG have 9 out and ManU have 10 out, should  be fascinating.

PSG didnt have nine out.

Perhaps you would like to compare their starting line up and then come back and admit you totally stuffed up....again????

That's your homework for today

The Daily Mail is still posting it,

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his players pulled off a miracle in Paris but let's not forget the Fergie Factor

Moments after Marcus Rashford's penalty had given United victory over PSG, Phelan tweeted: '180 missed calls. Can't understand the fuss? Some of us have been here before.'

42 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

PSG didnt have nine out.

Perhaps you would like to compare their starting line up and then come back and admit you totally stuffed up....again????

That's your homework for today

"How Manchester United could line up vs Paris Saint-Germain with nine first team players out

Man Utd are in the midst of an injury crisis with up to 10 players expected to miss the game against PSG in the Champions League."

If you'd bothered to see chippybuttys post i was commenting on (above) you'd have noticed i was taking the piss of his badly phrased post...i was having a larf.

You totally stuffed up again actually with your comment didn't you. Your homework for today is to get up to speed with the thread before commenting.

Theres talk around Carrington that Chong may be going our on loan next year and playing at least half a season.

I think thats a correct call.Incredibly talented but physically a lightweight unlike the other United kids coming through.

6 mths in a Championship side would toughen him up.

59 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Can you imagine the fans at OT if he ever came back with which ever team take a gamble on him

Wasn’t he getting standing ovations at every home game with the crowd chanting his name right up to the point of him getting sacked?

Genuine question. 

12 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Theres talk around Carrington that Chong may be going our on loan next year and playing at least half a season.

I think thats a correct call.Incredibly talented but physically a lightweight unlike the other United kids coming through.

6 mths in a Championship side would toughen him up.

Certainly would

Greenwood became the youngest player to represent Manchester United in the Champions League, aged just 17 years and 156 days. 

Gerard Pique previously held the record as his first Champions League appearance for United came at 17 years and 310 days. 

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Greenwood became the youngest player to represent Manchester United in the Champions League, aged just 17 years and 156 days. 

Gerard Pique previously held the record as his first Champions League appearance for United came at 17 years and 310 days. 

BBC...Gotcha!

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's what id heard.

And wasn't Rick a big fan right till the end?

I remember watching it on TV and was gobsmacked the loyalty the fans were showing as he walked along the touch line at one point walking into the crowd on the way back to the tunnel high fiving. I’m sure it was close to the end of his time there. 

57 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Wonder if he went to school today, City can only dream of having the talented kids stepping up like us, What happened to their so called Academy and bringing some through, Oh I forgot Phil fodden that's about it.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Wonder if he went to school today, City can only dream of having the talented kids stepping up like us, What happened to their so called Academy and bringing some through, Oh I forgot Phil fodden that's about it.

If he was a City kid he'd be at school in St Bede's private school in Whalley Range.

2 hours ago, nev said:

I love it when nowadays all you have to slag us off about is some empty seats and our academy. How the tables have turned.

2 hours ago, nev said:

Just had a look at Greenwood's profile on the United site. You make it sound like he is a product of your academy. He's from Bradford and he only joined you in July 

https://www.manutd.com/en/players-and-staff/detail/mason-greenwood

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I love it when nowadays all you have to slag us off about is some empty seats and our academy. How the tables have turned.

Who's slagging you off?, You do have empty seats at every game the whole country see's it each week at home, And there is a lack of young talent coming through at city!, You must admit that.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Just had a look at Greenwood's profile on the United site. You make it sound like he is a product of your academy. He's from Bradford and he only joined you in July 

https://www.manutd.com/en/players-and-staff/detail/mason-greenwood

Wrong, he played for our under 18 last season and was top scorer at 16, and won player of the tournament last may when we won the ICGT trophy in may.

He also went on our pre season tour in the summer.

Been watching him for well over a year now and he is getting better all the time.

Archived