The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

31 minutes ago, nev said:

Wrong, he played for our under 18 last season and was top scorer at 16, and won player of the tournament last may when we won the ICGT trophy in may.

He also went on our pre season tour in the summer.

Been watching him for well over a year now and he is getting better all the time.

Yeah, he was in America on tour 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

And Der Spiegel facts ????????

Bob 12 premier League clubs have asked the FA to look into city's irregularities, the **** is about to hit the fan. 

5 minutes ago, nev said:

Bob 12 premier League clubs have asked the FA to look into city's irregularities, the **** is about to hit the fan. 

Is that right? ????

Still nothing to see as far as the City boys on here are concerned ????????????

13 minutes ago, nev said:

Did you realise David Gill is on the committee? City are doomed 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that right? ????

Yes mate it was in the Times today, I don't have a subscription but a mate does.

least a dozen top-flight clubs are planning to write to the Premier League to ask what action they intend to take over alleged breaches of financial fair play by Manchester City. In an unprecedented move, the clubs intend to call on the Premier League to clarify its position over the accusations.

The Times understands that a majority of clubs are already on board with the proposal and more were being asked to sign up last night. The development illustrates how scepticism over City’s practices permeates beyond their immediate top-six rivals.

The news comes as Uefa yesterday announced a formal investigation into alleged financial fair play violations by City, stemming from information released in the Football Leaks data cache, but which the club strongly deny. The Football Leaks website was set up in 2015 to reveal alleged corruption in football and has supplied documents to several European news outlets over the past four years. The Times has learnt that Uefa has contacted France’s financial prosecutor seeking access to millions of Football Leaks documents.

Meanwhile, the latest leaked files suggest City discussed a plan to pay Jadon Sancho’s family £225,000 before recruiting the England star when he was a 14-year-old at Watford’s academy. City dismissed as “entirely false” accusations they may have flouted FFP rules.

Their statement said: “Manchester City welcomes a formal Uefa investigation to bring an end to the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails.

“The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The club’s published accounts are complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.”

Uefa’s club financial control body said its investigation would “focus on alleged violations of FFP that were made public in various media outlets”.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

1 hour ago, nev said:

Wrong, he played for our under 18 last season and was top scorer at 16, and won player of the tournament last may when we won the ICGT trophy in may.

He also went on our pre season tour in the summer.

Been watching him for well over a year now and he is getting better all the time.

Report it to your United website then but you're still not claiming that he is a product of your youth

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Report it to your United website then but you're still not claiming that he is a product of your youth

Sorry you don't get it, He signed a full contract July but was with us a whole year before he signed, Academy players don't sign a contract until offered one.

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah but did his score on his Champions League debut....

He wasn't on the pitch for long Bob give him time, on the other hand Rashford did plus he did in many other cups and the premier League too.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

Sorry you don't get it, He signed a full contract July but was with us a whole year before he signed, Academy players don't sign a contract until offered one.

No, you don't get it. You are trying to claim he is a product of your youth academy. He's from Bradford and not like he joined you at 11. He was almost a man when he joined you and trained by someone else. United are just trying to claim the glory

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, you don't get it. You are trying to claim he is a product of your youth academy. He's from Bradford and not like he joined you at 11. He was almost a man when he joined you and trained by someone else. United are just trying to claim the glory

Is he playing in United's academy yes he has been for well over a year, So yes he is an academy player. End of!!.

20 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that right? ????

What do you want us to say? We are happy to wait until the investigation has been concluded unlike the Kangaroo Court in here

As City state "Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. "The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The club's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record."

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oki doki. If that is the only qualification, the flood gates are open.

Oh dear it seems he has been at our academy longer than I thought and City tried to poach him. ????

Screenshot_2019-03-08-22-16-40-423_com.android.chrome.png

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

People in here more concerned with our investigation and the 3 minute wonder and not a soul has mentioned the critically ill United fan who got stabbed in Paris

Deflecting the heat mate, Yes that was bad he is ok now but it was touch and go.

Not a penalty

The VAR process is under scrutiny again this week after Damir Skomina was told to review Presnel Kimpembe’s handball in injury time against Manchester United on Wednesday, prompting the Slovenian referee to give the penalty that eliminated Paris St-Germain from the Champions League.

There is a belief among the referee community that the VAR official on the night, Massimiliano Irrati, was wrong to recommend the incident for review, given that Skomina’s original call – he gave a corner instead of a penalty – did not constitute a “clear and obvious error”. There could be an argument made either way for the penalty, with the ball striking Kimpembe’s arm, but it needed to reach the “clear and obvious error” benchmark to trigger a VAR review.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not a penalty

The VAR process is under scrutiny again this week after Damir Skomina was told to review Presnel Kimpembe’s handball in injury time against Manchester United on Wednesday, prompting the Slovenian referee to give the penalty that eliminated Paris St-Germain from the Champions League.

There is a belief among the referee community that the VAR official on the night, Massimiliano Irrati, was wrong to recommend the incident for review, given that Skomina’s original call – he gave a corner instead of a penalty – did not constitute a “clear and obvious error”. There could be an argument made either way for the penalty, with the ball striking Kimpembe’s arm, but it needed to reach the “clear and obvious error” benchmark to trigger a VAR review.

????????????Let it go lad it was a penalty.

Former Premier League official Peter Walton insisted there was no doubt over the verdict, but Mark Clattenberg maintained it would not have been awarded in the domestic competition.

Clattenburg wrote in the Daily Mail: “Let’s be clear, referee Damir Skomina applied the laws as UEFA wish them to be in awarding Manchester United their late penalty in Paris.

But PSG will be furious, and I understand why. This, for me, should not have been a penalty as Presnel Kimpembe did not deliberately handle the ball.

“This would never be given as a penalty in the Premier League, but it was given in the Champions League because of UEFA’s recent instruction to referees.”

Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand expressed his delight at Rashford’s late strike – but agreed that the penalty should not have been awarded.

It's like if you're coming out as a defender you have to have your hands behind your back to make certain it's not going to be a penalty.

Rio Ferdinand

And former England team-mate Owen Hargreaves added: “Every football person will say it’s not a penalty. It’s hard for players – what do you do in that situation? Where do you go with your arms?”

Keith Hackett | However you look, it is just not a penalty

It's not a penalty, simple as that. Presnel Kimpembe has turned his back and the ball has definitely struck the arm. The law states quite clearly that the movement of the hand or arm should be towards the ball and deliberate. But this is not deliberate.

What amazes me is that the review of VAR is supposed to clarify these points. On this occasion it's done the opposite.

In real time you don't see it as a penalty kick. VAR should have said it's not a clear and obvious error.

If a referee is called to look at an incident, it doesn't mean he has to go with the VAR. He's followed procedure but in reality, he's come up with the wrong conclusion. Through the process, clearly the referee has been persuaded.

I'm absolutely in favour of VAR but you've got to get the processes right and referees need to still understand the laws of the game.

Ill put it this way. In England that was not a penalty. We know in europe they don't ref it the same way as here. Most I've read say not a penalty.

As i mentioned earlier today Nev, most of us had moved on from the penalty yesterday but YOU GUYS RAISED on here again today.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Keith Hackett | However you look, it is just not a penalty

It's not a penalty, simple as that. Presnel Kimpembe has turned his back and the ball has definitely struck the arm. The law states quite clearly that the movement of the hand or arm should be towards the ball and deliberate. But this is not deliberate.

What amazes me is that the review of VAR is supposed to clarify these points. On this occasion it's done the opposite.

In real time you don't see it as a penalty kick. VAR should have said it's not a clear and obvious error.

If a referee is called to look at an incident, it doesn't mean he has to go with the VAR. He's followed procedure but in reality, he's come up with the wrong conclusion. Through the process, clearly the referee has been persuaded.

I'm absolutely in favour of VAR but you've got to get the processes right and referees need to still understand the laws of the game.

Give it a rest. It was a penalty. Most people agree with that. You need to read the rules with advisory notes.

Keith Hackett is 75, hasn't reffed a game for 25 years. Is that the best you can do?

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Give it a rest. It was a penalty. Most people agree with that. You need to read the rules with advisory notes.

Keith Hackett is 75, hasn't reffed a game for 25 years. Is that the best you can do?

Apart from peter walton and you biased reds who won't accept you got lucky, everyone I've read says NO penalty. So who are these most people agreeing you refer to?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Apart from peter walton and you biased reds who won't accept you got lucky, everyone I've read says NO penalty. So who are these most people agreeing you refer to?

Everyone I've read, and listened to (5 live after the match) says PENALTY.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that right? ????

What do you mean nothing to see from the city boys?

I've repeatedly been stating that we've been accussed in the press only, so no story there until eufa investigates or charges City. That is now about to happen as of yesterday so we wait to see what happens.

What do you expect us to say. I don't know the truth behind this and I'll bet nobody outside of City knows if we have a case to answer or not. 

You seem like one of the sharper pencils on the footy forum so you should be familiar with the legal principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty and the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies. 

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Everyone I've read, and listened to (5 live after the match) says PENALTY.

Cop out!

Do as ive done and give me a few quotes from these people - and i don't  mean joe blogs on a phone in, i mean people we all know. I quoted one for you in peter walton. Who are all these others?

Archived