The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm afraid my prediction is 2-1 to you lot. Varane is big miss. We might scrape a 2-2.

Traditionally this is a tight game but can see both teams leaking goals.

Sadly, I can see United leaking a few goals, especially after the poor marking and defensive work which was evident in the Atalanta game.

It won't upset me too much even though I'm a United supporter, because I do believe that Liverpool are the better side at the moment. But then again, you never know.................!!

• Like 1

Well....that was fun to watch. The massive gulf in class between the two sides was evident from the kick off. Salah and Keita (until he was assaulted) were both fantastic and the rest of the side were not far behind, the defence barely giving CR7 and co a kick. Up the other end, I wonder if the penny has dropped that Man U needed a CB to replace Maguire rather than play alongside him? De Gea the only one to come out with any credit for keeping the score down to 5...... I doubt any team has won at Old Toilet with such dominant ease in the Premier League so Citeh.....it's up to you to beat that performance in a fortnight????

Only downer was Naby's injury. Will be a couple of days before we find out the extent but hopefully it will just be bruising.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wilai said:

Judging by the make up of last night's <23 team, it will be a very youthful squad named to play PNE in the League Cup on Wednesday.

No Kelleher, Fab, Keita, Thiago, Millie or Kaide Gordon tomorrow. Keita may be ok for the weekend as only bruising found....Good job his foot wasn't planted when Pogba caught him.

2 hours ago, wilai said:

No Kelleher, Fab, Keita, Thiago, Millie or Kaide Gordon tomorrow. Keita may be ok for the weekend as only bruising found....Good job his foot wasn't planted when Pogba caught him.

I noticed that. It would have been an ugly one otherwise.

• Like 1

Job done but not the most impressive of performances from the second string. Morton and Williams did ok as did Adrian when needed. Minamino took his goal well and Origi's was certainly different, but other than the goal, you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch. Slightly concerned about when the AfCoN comes up especially if the latest timescales are correct. Just hope Firmino and Jota remain fit from Xmas to Feb.

• Like 1

Hello gents, late to the party as I've been busy celebrating all week.

What a pathetic team they are, hilarious. 5-0 at Old Trafford. And the manner in which it was done, second gear at best. Humiliation of the highest order and without our best 11. 

The United fans on this forum, always parading as knowledgable fans, actually believing that they were in a good spot and coming second last year was a true indication of how good that spot is. 

The whole country is now singing Ole's at the wheel!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Job done but not the most impressive of performances from the second string. Morton and Williams did ok as did Adrian when needed. Minamino took his goal well and Origi's was certainly different, but other than the goal, you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch. Slightly concerned about when the AfCoN comes up especially if the latest timescales are correct. Just hope Firmino and Jota remain fit from Xmas to Feb.

Do we have any midfielders left for Brighton? 

Keita and Hendo and should be ok Thiago could be alright and we could always play the four front players. No injuries from last night afaik. Fab missed training on Thursday so could be a doubt.

Edited by wilai
update
  • Thanks 1