The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I would be more concerned with the England captain getting away with murder because he’s sen as mister goody two shoes, and not the first time either. 

I didn't think the Robertson one was much worse. Probably both reds. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, champers said:

Tonight's League Cup match v Leicester is on Thai terrestial TV, PPTV HD, kick-off 2.45am.

Reserve teams?

Certainly ours will be. Firmino needs minutes but the rest will be second string if indeed they are not ill/injured/isolating. Eg: Origi and Phillips are already ruled out. We had 10 squad members out against Spurs. No idea if we've lost any more since

Can see Kelleher, Neco Williams, Kaide Gordon and a couple of debutants getting their chance at some stage. Will certainly be tough as Leicester, like Spurs, will be fresh after a couple of weeks off!

Can't be doing with bad officiating at times like these, another <deleted>thouse ref and VAR team. And that match should have been postponed, I don't see how one team having 2 weeks rest and the other playing 5 in 15 days with a Covid struck first 11 is even remotely considered a level playing field.  

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sure they'll be spilling out of the Pattaya bars to watch that one.....

Bars will be shut well before then. I will be watching, as I would if your lot was the match chosen. Oh ... hang on a minute; you're concentrating on getting into the Europa Conference.

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Can't be doing with bad officiating at times like these, another <deleted>thouse ref and VAR team. And that match should have been postponed, I don't see how one team having 2 weeks rest and the other playing 5 in 15 days with a Covid struck first 11 is even remotely considered a level playing field.  

Fans have to prove they are vaccinated and tested before being allowed to watch a game where some players haven't been vaxxed. Barmy.

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Atletico aren't having the best season either.

Anyway all I can say is you must be stuck for things to do in Pat if you are setting your alarm for Carabao Cup.

There aren't many worse draws than Atletico, absolute pack of godshiiiiiitees, with a <deleted> of a manger , we've played them loads in recent times and never look forward to it. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I'd almost be happy if United win, is there any chance we could meet them again before the final?

I won't make any bold predictions for obvious reasons. You wouldn't think we could be any worse than the 5-0. However, that is the kind of battering that leaves scars.

But didn't we lose 5-0 or 5-1 to City pretty close to the glory era with Fergie @mrbojangles ? I'm not talking about the one years later when Balotelli scored at OT......

Exciting night at Anfield where a youthful team came back twice from 2 goals down to beat a rested Leicester first XI on pens. The introduction of Jota, Konate and Keita in the second half helped a lot as Naby especially was very impressive. These three and AOC throughout did most to ensure the eventual victory. On to Arsenal in the semis. One leg or two? that is the next question. JK would prefer one, even though we are drawn away.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Exciting night at Anfield where a youthful team came back twice from 2 goals down to beat a rested Leicester first XI on pens. The introduction of Jota, Konate and Keita in the second half helped a lot as Naby especially was very impressive. These three and AOC throughout did most to ensure the eventual victory. On to Arsenal in the semis. One leg or two? that is the next question. JK would prefer one, even though we are drawn away.

Get a grip. It's the Carabao Cup.

5 hours ago, wilai said:

All the youth; bar Kelleher; were subbed at half-time. Belting game, fair play to Leicester and their big following.

That lad Daka is going to be a great replacement for Vardy. Another RB Salzburg graduate, as are Minimino and Mane and that Brighton lad Mwepu who scored a blinder at Anfield earlier this season. He played with Daka in Zambia before they both came to Europe. Haaland schooled at Salzburg too. Scouts must have season tickets there.

13 minutes ago, champers said:

All the youth; bar Kelleher; were subbed at half-time. Belting game, fair play to Leicester

They needed to be after the first half. Gomez and (for once) Hendo weren't giving them much support and the experiment of Bradley playing behind Neco (who also stayed on but moved to his proper position) hadn't worked. TBH Leicester could have been further ahead at half time.  All's well that ends well though????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Game called off on Boxing Day.....Leeds have covid in their camp. Watford also have covid so their game against Wolves also postponed.

A big break for injury riddled Leeds. Klopp pleased as well I'm sure.

Not at all. AfCoN was always gonna be an issue this season.  Additional league games being scheduled while it's in progress is not ideal but we have to play with the hand we are dealt. Nothing for you to worry about as your lot aren't in the running anyway.????

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

At least Klipperty can stop moaning about having to play 2 games in a short space of time

Are you saying he is wrong?...about the 5 subs rule as well? Personally, I think he is perfectly entitled to 'moan' about the fixture scheduling idiocy and I make him right on both counts. ????

Archived