The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Fabinho and Alisson will miss Watford and will meet the rest of the squad in Madrid prior to Champs League fixture. Thiago a doubt but TAA and Jota should both be available for tomorrow.

Jones still injured and will also miss Watford ...despite under 21s bringing him on the other night!! effin internationals!!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Looks like Ferran Torres will be out for about 6 weeks after getting injured playing for Spain

Similar situation to Jones. Torres picked up the injury in the 1st game, yet they played him in the 2nd game anyway. Have National teams not heard of x-rays or CT scans?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You were 4/1 for the title last time I looked. Seems generous

It's amazing how so many wrote us off, passing off injuries last season as decline. Madness.

The concern again though is injuries, we are now having Milner fill in all over the shop, a couple more injuries and it could go sideways again. 

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's amazing how so many wrote us off, passing off injuries last season as decline. Madness.

The concern again though is injuries, we are now having Milner fill in all over the shop, a couple more injuries and it could go sideways again. 

Every team has to put up with injuries. It's how you cope with missing the key players

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Every team has to put up with injuries. It's how you cope with missing the key players

I totally agree, yesterday we were without Alison, Fab, Thiago, Jones, and Trent and Jota were coming back from injury. Various positions that we covered and won well. Watford have 4 centre backs on their books. Their 2 starters are out injured, they lost 5 nil.

• Like 1

3-2 away against possibly the best Spanish club side around at the moment.....Entertaining stuff....good stuff, bad stuff and some strange stuff as well. Even had a VAR in our favour for once.   Don't think our defence/mids like the yellow kit so hope we don't use it too often.????

Still; an important three points puts us in charge of what, on paper, looked the most difficult group in the competition. Alisson MOM for me but Fabinho played an important role in solidifying things in front of  the defence in the second half. Felt a bit sorry for Griezmann getting a red but he should know that the Bobby F celebration should only take place after a goal is scored????

• Like 1

The "derby" round is upon us, time to get the cliches out. 

You do never know in these games though. Will be interesting to see how Ole plays it, likely to low block and counter.

My concern is our ability to lose shape for spells in games and we are getting caught out, too many goals against and United do have a proper attack with multiple players that can score. 

Expect Fab and Hendo (he needs to step up in this game) but who will be the 3rd. And up front, Firmino or Jota...

If we turn up it should be a bloodbath, here's hoping!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The "derby" round is upon us, time to get the cliches out. 

You do never know in these games though. Will be interesting to see how Ole plays it, likely to low block and counter.

My concern is our ability to lose shape for spells in games and we are getting caught out, too many goals against and United do have a proper attack with multiple players that can score. 

Expect Fab and Hendo (he needs to step up in this game) but who will be the 3rd. And up front, Firmino or Jota...

If we turn up it should be a bloodbath, here's hoping!

You are just lucky our best signing of the summer won't be playing.... I'm talking of course about Varane. 

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He's not that good though, even if he was playing..

He’s looked what he was in the Euros, slow But to be fair there is t anyone gonna look good playing beside Maguire. It’s a no win situation. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what happens with any contentious penalty claims. Klopp happily returning to the subject of us getting more pens and I don't blame him for a bit of mind games..... but I think with some refs it would have the opposite effect - they wouldn't want to be seen to turn down a contentious United pen because that looks like they have been listening to Klopp. 

Ronaldo certainly hasn't got the rub of the green so far. Should have had a few pens.

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Be interesting to see what happens with any contentious penalty claims. Klopp happily returning to the subject of us getting more pens and I don't blame him for a bit of mind games..... but I think with some refs it would have the opposite effect - they wouldn't want to be seen to turn down a contentious United pen because that looks like they have been listening to Klopp. 

Ronaldo certainly hasn't got the rub of the green so far. Should have had a few pens.

If he had stuck to only going down for the the genuine ones then he may have got the decisions he should have. 

Sadly when you keep throwing yourself on the ground trying to con the ref and cheat that’s what happens and rightly so. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If he had stuck to only going down for the the genuine ones then he may have got the decisions he should have. 

Sadly when you keep throwing yourself on the ground trying to con the ref and cheat that’s what happens and rightly so. 

I think it's just a reality that strikers will go down if there is any significant contact in the box. That's the grey area between blatant simulation and being fouled, it's a grey area in the rules too. It's just some strikers are better at 'making the most of contact' than others. I don't think Ronaldo is particularly good at it. 

I wouldn't label him as a diver, and he's certainly taken his fair share of kicks and come back for more. So has Messi.

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think with some refs it would have the opposite effect - they wouldn't want to be seen to turn down a contentious United pen because that looks like they have been listening to Klopp. 

The ref might appear to be listening to Ole's absurd suggestion if they do give a pen. What a quandary for the Wythenshawe scally. 

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The ref might appear to be listening to Ole's absurd suggestion if they do give a pen. What a quandary for the Wythenshawe scally. 

Ole tried it before the Villa game and it worked then......until Fernandes forgot the script????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think it's just a reality that strikers will go down if there is any significant contact in the box. That's the grey area between blatant simulation and being fouled, it's a grey area in the rules too. It's just some strikers are better at 'making the most of contact' than others. I don't think Ronaldo is particularly good at it. 

I wouldn't label him as a diver, and he's certainly taken his fair share of kicks and come back for more. So has Messi.

It's not e even close to significant contact, it's the opposite and some of the time they are doing it without any contact, or by creating the contact in order to cheat. There should be harsher penalties. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What a quandary for the Wythenshawe scally. 

Anthony Taylor is from Altrincham not Wythenshawe. He was born at Whythenshawe Hospital... as many of the greatest people on this planet were ????????????

Edited by RickG16
  • Haha 1