The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Seems like you could come off the worst out of this ban. 3 first team players

And you lose errrr 'Fred'. Did your lot coerce the Brazilians into invoking the ban so he would miss games????? Does however mean that probably the weakest part of your team loses a player. 

In our case, Bobby F is probably injured anyway, and Leeds lose possibly their best player so it could be worse from an LFC point of view

9 hours ago, wilai said:

And you lose errrr 'Fred'. Did your lot coerce the Brazilians into invoking the ban so he would miss games????? Does however mean that probably the weakest part of your team loses a player. 

In our case, Bobby F is probably injured anyway, and Leeds lose possibly their best player so it could be worse from an LFC point of view

As was the case with Maguire's bad patch, Fred isn't quite as bad as some people are making out. He's not especially good either, but has been very good McTominay. Just can't trust Pogba in CM and the two of them together make horrible viewing.

Nothing has convinced me so far that VDB has what it takes, but is McT isn't fit then we might not have many more options other than Pogba or Matic who both have their drawbacks.

Some United fans have seriously suggested playing Lindelof as a defensive mid.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, wilai said:

As things stand, Alisson, Fab and Bobby are not allowed to play against Leeds at the weekend due to Brazil and FIFA invoking a 5 day ban to clubs refusing to allow the players to travel to Brazil due to covid issues, Penalty for playing them is apparently a 3-0 defeat. As Leeds are also affected, I assume we'll have a 0-0 draw instead. FIFA and the various FA's  are a bloody joke!

Of course; EFC and Richarlison are not affected just to give them a chance????

Almiron (Paraguay) can play for Newcastle this weekend. Not sure if Brazil have followed suit.

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

At least you have brought through a couple of players unlike City.

You've just bought one of our ex-academy players for a huge fee and given us an additional bundle of dosh as well

Kasper still doing well at Leicester and Trippier playing for England.

As for others, Foden is an obvious but youngsters Liam Delap, Tommy Doyle, Cole Palmer and Taylor Harwood-Bellis have all had first team outings and look promising.

Anyway. I don't know how you can talk about youth when United are buying all the old folk nowadays. Zlatan, Cavani, Ronaldo etc

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Liam Delap, Tommy Doyle, Cole Palmer and Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Not heard of any of them. And the fact you had to dig up Kasper and Tripper is laughable. If anything they prove that you can't bring players through. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not heard of any of them. 

I wouldn't expect you to know much about our academy players who are breaking through (same as you didn't know anything about Liverpool's Elliot) but both BredBlue and myself have mentioned Tommy Doyle several times. He is the grandson of 2 City legends Glyn Pardoe and Mike Doyle. Anyway, enough of City on the Liverpool thread

Guys this is a great watch...... lots of stuff I didn't know..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fever Pitch The Rise of the Premier League------BBC 6 episodes ..............6/9/

Once upon a time, football was just a game... From those who lived it, and those who made the beautiful game a billion pound business.

The creation of the English Premier League through the stories of people, is just riveting stuff to watch, not just for football fans. The series traces the revolution that Rupert Murdoch and the breakaway group of top-flight teams inflicted on English and Welsh football from 1992 on wards. Murdoch’s paper the Sunday Times laid the groundwork for this revolution in the 1980s, claiming football was a slum sport for slum people. Since the media baron brought the beautiful game to the masses in the 90s, the sport has taken over the media and society.

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Almiron (Paraguay) can play for Newcastle this weekend. Not sure if Brazil have followed suit.

Wolves confident Jimenez (Mexico) can also play. Still no news on Brazil players!.

Brazil finally bottled it so Alisson and Fab are cleared to play. Bobby F remains injured.

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Convincing victory and should have scored many more. Mane the most profligate but good that he eventually got on the scoresheet. Thiago and Fabinho knitted together well and cut Phillips out of the game completely which is what's needed to stop Leeds at their place.

Major talking point was the injury to Elliott who although already released from hospital, will need surgery and will probably be out for at least 3 months. Hopefully he will make a full recovery in time and won't need pins etc.

The guy didn't mean it and the ref didn't even give a foul; only stopping the game after Salah called the physios onto the pitch. Struijk was only given his 'Red' once VAR had seen the severity of the injury. Personally I thought it shouldn't have been a 'Red' but that type of slide tackle from the rear attempting to 'hook' the ball is dangerous and should be outlawed.

Can you shed any light on what the <deleted> Klopp was moaning to the third official about?

The guy got given a red. What more does he want?

He's always on at the third official. Would love to see one of them turn round and flatten him. 

34 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can you shed any light on what the <deleted> Klopp was moaning to the third official about?

The guy got given a red. What more does he want?

He's always on at the third official. Would love to see one of them turn round and flatten him. 

There is no such person. Stick to cricket as you know sod all about football????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

There is no such person. Stick to cricket as you know sod all about football????

What's that meant to mean?

I've never seen a big German central defender be such a prima dona. Wonder when Klopp will drop this surly attitude with official and interviewers. Don't know who the <deleted> he thinks he is. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's that meant to mean?

There is no such thing as a third official in football.  Everything really does go over your head doesn't it. ????

As for JK, I doubt he cares what a keyboard warrior in Thailand thinks about him. Go back to ejaculating over CR7....and try and stay on the Manure thread. Ta.????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

There is no such thing as a third official in football.  Everything really does go over your head doesn't it. ????

As for JK, I doubt he cares what a keyboard warrior in Thailand thinks about him. Go back to ejaculating over CR7....and try and stay on the Manure thread. Ta.????

Third referee then! In a hair splitting mood?

I'm not a keyboard warrior, I said the same thing to a couple of mates on Whatsapp while watching the game. And they agreed. Was just wondering if Liverpool fans are aware of how ridiculous this guy's little strops are. Obviously not.