Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Remember that mini buss of midgets singing, were Bolton, were barmy, were on the piss tonight on Phoenix nights, brilliant..

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And yet, Peter Kay doesn't even like football .. and he doesn't drink. My mother thinks he is gay: he's from Bolton, he doesn't like football, he doesn't like beer. He is gay. QED. Bless her.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

The players wages for November being paid today, 2 weeks late. The coaching staff are affected too, still awaiting bonusses due from keeping the team up last season. Owner Ken Anderson says he is paying out of his own pocket. He, and his agent son, are thought to be taking £750,000 p.a. out of the club in salaries. Another winding up order also needs paying off.

The team's form has fallen off a cliff and manager Phil Parkinson is hot favourite to fill the vacancy at Reading. 

4500 visiting Leeds fans will bring in much needed funds tomoŕrow. The situation has got to that day-to-day stage and the club's very existence is in real danger. Ho hum.

Edited by champers

Sad to read it, hope things improve soon! 

David Conn in the Guardian  was writing this week about Bury's good fortune in finding a new owner who hopefully will turn them around:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/13/bury-new-owner-steve-dale-financial-misery-historic-club

Could be worse, you could do a Stockport County and fall through the Divisions.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:22 PM, lanng khao said:

Remember that mini buss of midgets singing, were Bolton, were barmy, were on the piss tonight on Phoenix nights, brilliant..

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Lol I had all the costumes from that show many years ago. I coaxed this bird to my flat to look at the gear and doik her. Her dad lived below me he was not too pleased.

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry but why did you have costumes?

Is it anything to do with calling me Bareback, constantly flirting with Bob and being an admirer of Laurent Robert's thighs?

My mates dad used to hire them the trucks for sets. So when on location they had all these trucks on site. Some had make up rooms fitted and some were just like massive wardrobes. At the end of the show they were just left so we had them. 

2 hours ago, champers said:

The players wages for November being paid today, 2 weeks late. The coaching staff are affected too, still awaiting bonusses due from keeping the team up last season. Owner Ken Anderson says he is paying out of his own pocket. He, and his agent son, are thought to be taking £750,000 p.a. out of the club in salaries. Another winding up order also needs paying off.

The team's form has fallen off a cliff and manager Phil Parkinson is hot favourite to fill the vacancy at Reading. 

4500 visiting Leeds fans will bring in much needed funds tomoŕrow. The situation has got to that day-to-day stage and the club's very existence is in real danger. Ho hum.

Please beat Leeds..........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 8:26 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Sad to read it, hope things improve soon! 

David Conn in the Guardian  was writing this week about Bury's good fortune in finding a new owner who hopefully will turn them around:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/13/bury-new-owner-steve-dale-financial-misery-historic-club

Could be worse, you could do a Stockport County and fall through the Divisions.

Do NOT, repeat NOT, compare us to the likes of Bury and Stockport.

• 2 weeks later...

Champers i watched the video, it's from the period I've  mentioned  before when my dad used to take us to Bolton homes when City’s  games were far from home. So i recognised most of the players and tried to find without success a match report or team line up. What do you reckon the bolton lineup was that day (saw a young Reidy, fat Sam, Whatmough (?))?

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers i watched the video, it's from the period I've  mentioned  before when my dad used to take us to Bolton homes when City’s  games were far from home. So i recognised most of the players and tried to find without success a match report or team line up. What do you reckon the bolton lineup was that day (saw a young Reidy, fat Sam, Whatmough (?))?

April 76 (I am 99% sure).

Siddall

Nicholson P. Jones Allardyce Walsh

Reid Greaves

Morgan Whatmore G Jones Thompson

Sub. Byrom (Sloop John B)

8 came from the youth team.

Gary Jones got a hat-trick when Bolton dumped City out of the League Cup in 71. No rotating then.

Edited by champers

Great FA Cup win, 5-2 v Walsall. One down at half time it was looking grim but a second half hat trick from superstar striker Josh McGennis saved the day.

I am looking forward to todays draw.  Newport, Barnet or Oldham at home would be nice. Big club then in the last 16.

• Like 1