Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought Anderson was going to issue a statement today on the possibility of a takeover

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

I have looked at the club website a few minutes ago and there is a statement today about the non signing of Christian Doidge from Yeovil - what a fiasco. The man is a pariah in the game; including among our own players and staff; and now appears to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

I am seriously worried about who he is going to sell the club to. It will be whoever is willing to pay him the most cash. I hope the Football League ensure any buyer meets their fit and proper criteria but, considering how we ended up with Anderson owning the club, I am not confident.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Appropiately written by a Mr Conn. Local feeling is that going into administration is now a given. What follows is critical. Liquidation or a saviour? Remember this is a rerun of 3 years ago and getting Ken Anderson as owner is how we ended up.

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Appropiately written by a Mr Conn. Local feeling is that going into administration is now a given. What follows is critical. Liquidation or a saviour? Remember this is a rerun of 3 years ago and getting Ken Anderson as owner is how we ended up.

I heard Anderson was in Monaco yesterday for a meeting with a potential buyer and an announcement was going to be made but haven’t seen anything yet. Did he buy you for a pound or something like that?

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I heard Anderson was in Monaco yesterday for a meeting with a potential buyer and an announcement was going to be made but haven’t seen anything yet. Did he buy you for a pound or something like that?

Hope it's not Ken Bates.

I am sure £1 was the publicly known asking price when Davies sold. Many are saying that potential buyers can wait for the club to go into administration and/or relegation and tben buy at a reduced rate. Much depends on whether Anderson can keep debtors at bay and who those debtors are. A good cup run can bring the money in. He is also generating revenue off season. A Rod Stewart concert in the summer is planned. If he was playing in my back garden I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Hope it's not Ken Bates.

I am sure £1 was the publicly known asking price when Davies sold. Many are saying that potential buyers can wait for the club to go into administration and/or relegation and tben buy at a reduced rate. Much depends on whether Anderson can keep debtors at bay and who those debtors are. A good cup run can bring the money in. He is also generating revenue off season. A Rod Stewart concert in the summer is planned. If he was playing in my back garden I wouldn't open the curtains to watch him.

Especially  as he'd  likely  be wearing a red or a green  hoop football  shirt!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

News today that owner Ken Anderson has agreed to sell the club to a consortium led by a Cheshire venture capitalist called Parminder Basran. One of the companies he invests in acts for Gareth Southgate, Steve Holland and Michael Carrick amongst others. It appears that Mark Warburton is on board with the buyers, so may replace Phil Parkinson as manager. Before I get to the really interesting bit there are 2 other named investors:

1. Jeff Thomas, founder and CEO of a company selling cloud space, primarily to the Ministry of Justice and the Cabinet Office. His business has won many awards. No idea if he has any interest in football.

2. Sharon Brittan has a few active directorships, most noticably with a couple of Nick Mason companies. He is the drummer with Pink Floyd. Instead of a bunch of Manc chavs like Oasis doing gigs at the ground, we can now look forward to seeing a class act in Pink Floyd. No idea if this lady has any interest in football.

Here is the really interesting bit: Parminder Basran who is heading up this deal is backed by Eduardo Savarin who is a co-founder of Facebook, according to the BBC. I have never heard of the bloke, but when he was at Harvard about 18 years ago he invested 1000 Dollars to start a company so that Harvard students could communicate with each other via the Internet. His partner was Mark Zuckerburg. Later, the 2 fell out but Savarin retained shares in the company. Forbes advise that Savarin's current worth is 10.1 Billion dollars. He left the US to move to Singapore allegedly to avoid a tax bill of 770 Million dollars. He is the 2nd richest person in Singapore. He is actually a Brazilian and, as everybody knows, all Brazilians love football.

I have been in a deep and meaningful conversation with my good friend Leo and it is now crystal clear to me that Premier League titles and Champions League football is just around the corner.

COYW.

Bad news; and vibes; from the UOBS.

The Old Bill haven't been paid the full amount owed. All those protestors have dropped us in it. Negotiations are ongoing.

The players and staff haven't been paid in February; not that the players deserve it.

Our prospective multi-billionaire buyout consortium haven't completed their due diligence yet. Surely they haven't unearthed any dodgy accounting practices?!?

Swansea away today. Gawd 'elp us!

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

At least you must be playing lots of local young lads in your first team though

Luca Connell; a Scouser; is highly rated. ROI youth international. Offer us £10 Mill and he's yours.

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Luca Connell; a Scouser; is highly rated. ROI youth international. Offer us £10 Mill and he's yours.

Is that all you could come up with? An imported paddy with only 185 minutes under his belt. You really need to concentrate on your own clubs contribution to youth and stop with the stone throwing about City

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Is that all you could come up with? An imported paddy with only 185 minutes under his belt. You really need to concentrate on your own clubs contribution to youth and stop with the stone throwing about City

It is tough to compete with the Big 4 in the area. Over the last 30 years our record has been awful when it comes to bringing youth players through; I could count them on one hand. Hunt and Nolan were other clubs cast offs, for example.

It is not just Bolton, Burnley & Wigan have not done too well. Blackburn have, not sure what their secret is.

I would like to see City, and Chelsea, bring players through. One every season or two seems reasonable to me. By playing with quality players they would reach the same standard, in my view.

I am just watching Angus Gunn have a good game for Southampton. There must be regrets about him, and others leaving, or maybe not.

Training ground closed yesterday - no food or drinks avaialable. Rumours doing the rounds that those staff not paid will decide not to turn up for Saturday game v Millwall. Some staff reported to be asking for cash to pay for food and petrol. The game could end up being postponed, club fined, points deducted.

The takeover looks like it may be stalling. Hey ho.

COYW

21 minutes ago, champers said:

Training ground closed yesterday - no food or drinks avaialable. Rumours doing the rounds that those staff not paid will decide not to turn up for Saturday game v Millwall. Some staff reported to be asking for cash to pay for food and petrol. The game could end up being postponed, club fined, points deducted.

The takeover looks like it may be stalling. Hey ho.

COYW

At times like this i think a club in difficulties should turn to their wealthier neighbours (Mancs x 2, scousers x 2) and ask for assistance (financial  or otherwise) to help get through it.

Whenever our neighbours ManU have needed it we've  supported them to help them survive – happened in 1902 (City officials donated money to keep ManU in business); 1930s when City helped prevent a 3rd Manchester club (Manchester Central, based at Belle Vue) from joining the League because it could have killed off the Reds; and plenty of other occasions including the WW2 ground share of Maine Road when Uwe Rosler's dad bombed Old Trafford. All true facts (apart from Uwe) and ManU say they've  always been the bigger club in Manchester ????

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, champers said:

It is tough to compete with the Big 4 in the area. Over the last 30 years our record has been awful when it comes to bringing youth players through; I could count them on one hand. Hunt and Nolan were other clubs cast offs, for example.

I just find it strange that Bolton don't do much for bringing youth through and yet you find it necessary to give City grief. 

I am just watching Angus Gunn have a good game for Southampton. There must be regrets about him, and others leaving, or maybe not.

Gunn seemed like a good prospect but can he play in the style Pep wants? If not, he wouldn't get a game and so better to move on out. Players come and go at every club. You can't regret them all

I would like to see City, and Chelsea, bring players through. One every season or two seems reasonable to me. By playing with quality players they would reach the same standard, in my view.

I'd love the same and I hope we will

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Gunn seemed like a good prospect but can he play in the style Pep wants? If not, he wouldn't get a game and so better to move on out. Players come and go at every club. You can't regret them all

Gunn could have stayed and fought for his position like Zinchenko, who nearly went to wolves, but he chose to leave due to Ederson (no explanation  needed there) and we got a nice fee. Muric looks equally as good a prospect as Gunn.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Gunn could have stayed and fought for his position like Zinchenko, who nearly went to wolves, but he chose to leave due to Ederson (no explanation  needed there) and we got a nice fee. Muric looks equally as good a prospect as Gunn.

Not just Ederson coming. With Bravo still there he was effectively 3rd choice. I admire players who stay to fight (like Foden) but don't blame players who want to move on. It's an individual's choice

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

At times like this i think a club in difficulties should turn to their wealthier neighbours (Mancs x 2, scousers x 2) and ask for assistance (financial  or otherwise) to help get through it.

Got to disagree there BB. IMO it's not the responsibility of other clubs to assist. It's for the people of Bolton to sort out. Either the council can help out (Rochdale council did) or the citizens of the republic of Bolton should either donate or go through the turn styles. If the locals don't feel a need for a club there why should anyone else? Bury have also been close to folding but found ways to raise money. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Got to disagree there BB. IMO it's not the responsibility of other clubs to assist. It's for the people of Bolton to sort out. Either the council can help out (Rochdale council did) or the citizens of the republic of Bolton should either donate or go through the turn styles. If the locals don't feel a need for a club there why should anyone else? Bury have also been close to folding but found ways to raise money. 

Could be a way of 'cleaning' your money though. City helps Bolton out of the ****. Bolton repays City by giving them first refusal on any decent players. Probably breaks the regulations, but I expect your not too bothered about that. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah lets blame Champers and his Boltonian lot.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Could be a way of 'cleaning' your money though. City helps Bolton out of the ****. Bolton repays City by giving them first refusal on any decent players. Probably breaks the regulations, but I expect your not too bothered about that. 

Champers already confirmed Bolton have no decent players bar one.

Hows that crusade going Rick? Do hope you'll be going down the Etihad with your 'FFP rules' sign before the seasons end.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I agree. The club has been close to folding before. In the mid 1980s they were on the brink and people put their hands in their pockets. They will again.

Warburtons might come back on the scene. They are not short of dosh and have always looked after former players. Freddie Hill and Wyn Davies; who both played for City too; ended up as bakers. You couldn't see international players of today doing that.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

I agree. The club has been close to folding before. In the mid 1980s they were on the brink and people put their hands in their pockets. They will again.

Warburtons might come back on the scene. They are not short of dosh and have always looked after former players. Freddie Hill and Wyn Davies; who both played for City too; ended up as bakers. You couldn't see international players of today doing that.

Remember watching Freddie Hill and Wyn 'the leap' Davies, who was a favourite of mine, at City in the 70s.