Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

6 hours ago, Chad91 said:

Anyone know where i can get a Bolton shirt in Thailand, COYWM !! 

I have a shirt from 2003/4 season but it is not for sale Chad. There used to be a place that sold no end of shirts near what is now Terminal 21, but I never saw a Bolton one.

Up The Whites!! Unbeaten now for over a month.

2 hours ago, champers said:

I have a shirt from 2003/4 season but it is not for sale Chad. There used to be a place that sold no end of shirts near what is now Terminal 21, but I never saw a Bolton one.

Up The Whites!! Unbeaten now for over a month.

That is T21 in Pattaya, I should say. Even the long gone Bolton Wanderers bar off Walking Street never sold them.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

That is T21 in Pattaya, I should say. Even the long gone Bolton Wanderers bar off Walking Street never sold them.

I didn't even see Bolton shirts for sale anywhere just down the road in Manchester, seriously, not even in that brilliant 2nd hand football shirt shop just off st Anne's square, and they had shirts from all over the world. Just buy a United or Liverpool shirt like everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I didn't even see Bolton shirts for sale anywhere just down the road in Manchester, seriously, not even in that brilliant 2nd hand football shirt shop just off st Anne's square, and they had shirts from all over the world. Just buy a United or Liverpool shirt like everyone else.

Why? Don't they sell City ones either?

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Why? Don't they sell City ones either?

There were loads of them mate, classic strips as well, brought the memories back, and of course you can buy City shirts in all sports shops in Manchester, and at the Etihad, and probably throughout the North-West I would guess. You can even buy them in Central, sportsworld, etc, here. Buy a United or Liverpool shirt, they're everybodies 2nd team aren't they. 

On this day in 1904 Manchester won its first major football honour when MCFC won the FA Cup. They defeated Bolton 1-0 via a Billy Meredith goal at the Crystal Palace. But apparently we have no history so mustn't be true.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

There were loads of them mate, classic strips as well, brought the memories back, and of course you can buy City shirts in all sports shops in Manchester, and at the Etihad, and probably throughout the North-West I would guess. You can even buy them in Central, sportsworld, etc, here. Buy a United or Liverpool shirt, they're everybodies 2nd team aren't they. 

My second team are Bolton reserves.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm impressed Bolton still have a reserve side these days as nobody else has.

U23s then. You know what I meant. We are ditching them after this season, so it will be the U18s then.

Brentford, whose Moneyball template we are rumoured to be copying, have no U23s but do have a B team, reserves in all but name. I haven't read up on them much but they play European B teams in friendly matches and are reckoned to have a good record. Worth mentioning as they could well be a Premier League team next season, whenever that may be. They will be in their new stadium too.

Edited by champers

Did you see Ryhl FC went out of business the other day, old club I believe. Very sad when clubs die like that.

Anybody remember the days of re-election? It was always the same clubs: Rochdale, Torquay, Aldershot, Barrow. Think they are all still going.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sure Ricardo Vaz Tae is shocked and disappointed you overlooked him. 

A case of what might have been, but for being plagued by injuries. He was at least as good as his best mate: Nani.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Did you see Ryhl FC went out of business the other day, old club I believe. Very sad when clubs die like that.

Anybody remember the days of re-election? It was always the same clubs: Rochdale, Torquay, Aldershot, Barrow. Think they are all still going.

Barrow look nailed on for getting back into the league. Bolton fans already looking forward to a big day out when we play at their place.

Your lot might still end up playing them too if you suffer the Rangers treatment. How is your appeal going?

Edited by champers

2 hours ago, champers said:

Barrow look nailed on for getting back into the league. Bolton fans already looking forward to a big day out when we play at their place.

Your lot might still end up playing them too if you suffer the Rangers treatment. How is your appeal going?

No change from before, looks like a hearing after 26 June 2020 at the earliest. City are keen to get it done without delay.

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On this day in 1904 Manchester won its first major football honour when MCFC won the FA Cup. They defeated Bolton 1-0 via a Billy Meredith goal at the Crystal Palace. But apparently we have no history so mustn't be true.

... and on this day in 1926 Bolton beat City 1-0 in the FA Cup Final. Belated revenge.

Franny Lee's 75th birthday today Champers. Are you old enough to seen him in a Bolton shirt?

I could have picked from many of his goals but i will always remember this game / goal - he was ON FIRE on his return to Maine Road - and "look his face, just look at his face" famous commentary.

Derby became First Division champions (and ManU became Second Division champions) that season.

Great player; underrated i reckon by all fans except those of City and Derby.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Franny Lee's 75th birthday today Champers. Are you old enough to seen him in a Bolton shirt?

I could have picked from many of his goals but i will always remember this game / goal - he was ON FIRE on his return to Maine Road - and "look his face, just look at his face" famous commentary.

Derby became First Division champions (and ManU became Second Division champions) that season.

Great player; underrated i reckon by all fans except those of City and Derby.

I wonder why you don't post much 80s or 90s City nostalgia ????

... what's Mike Sheron up to these days? 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I wonder why you don't post much 80s or 90s City nostalgia ????

... what's Mike Sheron up to these days? 

Simple answer really. In the 70s i was a season ticket holder and went to all home games and many away games, finals, etc., and i grew up with the 70s team. In the 80s i lived outside Manchester so didn't get to every game, didn't see every game. In the 90s i was living overseas and either didn't see City's games or only highlights, especially when i was living in Oz (i had to make do with reading 'British Soccer Weekly', which was a week late by the time they were reporting, or City Programmes wrapped up in the Pink sent to me).

We weren't all born in the internet era Rick.

[Quick check for you - Mike Sheron is currently Head Coach of the u18s at Blackburn]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I saw Franny Lee play but was very young. He played alongside Freddie Hill and Wyn Davies, both of whom also ended up at Maine Road. Franny made his debut at 16 alongside an ageing Nat Lofthouse and reputedly gave the great man an earful for not passing to him. He never doubted himself. Was great at City alongside the Korean Lee Won Pen. The original diver?

Mike Sheron tormented Bolton when he played for Bury. Not a prolific scorer for a striker but a classy player at 3rd tier level.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I remember The Pink!

I reckon I was born about 10 years off the internet era.... 

I remember The Buff. Where are you now Rick? I see you didn't make it to Pattaya.

Edited by champers