Bolton Boys We Are Here

champers

An interesting dynamic on this thread on the Bolton and Bury survival is that it only seems to be of particular interest to MrBj, Champers obviously and me; 3 locals. Made me question would i be as upset if this was say Forest Green, Crawley and Stevenage (don't even know where they are on a map)? I think i would be.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Keith Hill appointed as manager last night, assistant David Flitcroft. Both have a lot of experience at this level. Hill and Kevin Nolan were interviewed in London on Friday.

Hill and Flitcroft are both Bolton lads, though never played for the club. Busy day tomorrow, last day for getting loan deals done. 

Up the Whites!!

• Like 1

Your next game should  be  interesting with 9 new signings. Good job they'll have the Bolton shirt on to recognise each other.

Pleased to see the Major of Mancunia, the 2 Bury MPs and Bury fans making the EPL seriously think about reinstating Bury in Div 2 next season if they get their ownership and finances sorted.

• Like 1

Good luck the rest of this season Bolton. You will need it. Bridcutt and Buckley were rubbish for us in the Premier League, but this is League 1. Daryl Murphy on his day will be a good player at this level if his legs aren't gone. Will probably score more than Will Grigg will for us. 

I am sure we will bend over backwards and give you your first win of the season on the 21st of this month. It's the Sunderland way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

Good luck the rest of this season Bolton. You will need it. Bridcutt and Buckley were rubbish for us in the Premier League, but this is League 1. Daryl Murphy on his day will be a good player at this level if his legs aren't gone. Will probably score more than Will Grigg will for us. 

I am sure we will bend over backwards and give you your first win of the season on the 21st of this month. It's the Sunderland way.

Do you know how Duncan Watmore is getting on at Sunderland these days? Still injured?

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Do you know how Duncan Watmore is getting on at Sunderland these days? Still injured?

Yes, he's out again. I believe it's a short term injury, but I think he's reaching a point now where he is so injury prone that he would struggle to get a regular starting place.

I like his personality, his honesty. his workrate and to a degree his unpredictability. Saying that, there is rarely an end product. 

He's now 25, and been at the club for 6 turbulent and injury ravaged seasons. He's only made 55 appearances and scored a paltry 4 goals. Sadly, I don't see much of a future for him at Sunderland.

He's out of contract at the end of the season, and I don't honestly see anyone paying anything for him in January. I think if he finds another club it could well be in League 2 or even the conference where we signed him from.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

I think if he finds another club it could well be in League 2 or even the conference where we signed him from.

It's sad, he was on the verge of the England squad at one stage. And played very well in the Toulon tournament.

I'm an Altrincham supporter, hence the interest. Despite his injuries I reckon he should be looking at the top two divisions. Surely far too good for the lower leagues! 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Massive game against the Mighty Dale today Champs

Ipswich apart (0-5), our home form is OK so many expect our first win today. Ex Dale man Chris O'Grady could make a debut for Bolton and play a pivotal role. 2-1 my prediction, 12,000+ on. Fingers crossed.

COYWM.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Ipswich apart (0-5), our home form is OK so many expect our first win today. Ex Dale man Chris O'Grady could make a debut for Bolton and play a pivotal role. 2-1 my prediction, 12,000+ on. Fingers crossed.

COYWM.

Up the Mighty Dale

Bolton 1 - 3 Rochdale ????

Up the Mighty Dale

Bolton 1 - 3 Rochdale ????

They outclassed us in the 2nd half by all accounts. Nearly 14k on, doubt that will be repeated much for the rest of the season.

Dale bought a 16 year old full back on at half time who has Prem Lge scouts getting excited and later bought on 40 year old Aaron Wibraham who apparently changed the game.

That's our 3rd meeting v Dale already this season. Wonder if we will draw them in the FA Cup on Monday night.

Win number 2 follows straight after number 1 as Man City U21s are given a 3-1 pasting in the EFL Trophy.  Barring an unlikely result when Rochdale and Bradford meet in the last group game, we will be in the knockout stage. Wembley here we come.

Even our U21's put out a weakened side against you ????

Apparently you should have wrapped things up in the first half; we improved after the break. It was our best available team being given some game time after our match v Lincoln was postponed on Saturday. You are already through to the knockout stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Bolton's further points deduction is 5, but is suspended for 18 months. A £70K fine with half similarly suspended. Looks very much like we now have a real chance of staying up this season. Accrington away tomorrow, half the ground sold out to Bolton so it will be like a home game. Up the Whites!!

Hammered 7-1 at Accrington Stanley. A new low and can't blame this on having to play the kids. Some very deep soul searching is urgently needed.

The EFL set up an independant panel to rule on our points deduction and are now appealing their decision. Bizzare!!!

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here's a fact for ypu Champers. The only team Aguero has played against in the Premier but not scored against is Bolton.

Would've made a good quiz question. I wouldn't have got it. He can't have played against us much. Twice?

"Aguero played for 68 minutes of City's 3-2 win over Bolton in August 2011 without finding the net and was an unused substitute in the 2-0 win over the Trotters the following March."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7836717/Man-City-star-Sergio-Aguero-scored-against-32-33-Premier-League-opponents.html

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Ah... that's your local side who you don't support isn't it? ????

Where's the Rochdale scooter.....

I moved to Rochdale when I was 24. But I do go and see them when I can when home. City are the team my dad brainwashed me to support since birth.  The same as I have done with my daughter. She's only lived in the Uk for 6 months but at 2 days old she was in the City shop at the Etihad. Next you'll be saying she should support Al Nasser ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...